U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 07-18-2009, 05:54 PM

5,004 posts, read 5,280,262 times

Advertisements

hugepossum, you need to check out this website or buy the books or check them out at the library:

Eat This, Not That - The No-Diet Weight Loss Solution From Men's Health

Looks like there's even another new book as well...the Worst Foods in America...

They even have a book for kids.

They give Taco Bell a B+. The highest score they give out is an A-.
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2009, 09:07 PM

437 posts, read 619,215 times
Forgetting fat and calorie content, the stuff is horrible for you. All those chemicals in the meat, seasoning, and the rest of their products is all stuff your body can't digest and break down. I wouldn't worry about cholesterol or high blood pressure. More like cancer. If you're extra unlucky, you might develop diabetes. Which kills you, but a piece at a time. And a lot slower too.

How about eating healthier?

Old 08-17-2009, 03:21 PM

1,461 posts, read 2,873,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hugepossum View Post
Okay so I don't actually eat it every day, but I do eat it more than McDs, Burger King, etc. I'm not too sure on the numbers, but it doesn't seem like it would be as bad for you as the food from burger and fries type of places.

Anyone got any input on the relative healthiness for Taco Bell type joints Vs. McDs type?
If you go online and just type in Taco Bell you might be able to see at least fat and calorie content of their food. I don't believe that any of this fast food is good for you...high in sodium, fat etc. Most places are posting nutritional info on their foods so you may want to go online and investigate. We did have a discussion at Weight Watchers class last week about Taco Bell and the lecturer said that Taco Bell was one of the reasons she had gained 60 unnecessary pounds and ended up at WW. So.....be careful. All that fast food eating will catch you!

Old 08-17-2009, 03:36 PM

1,315 posts, read 2,077,065 times
I ate at Taco Bell once and had 2 cheesy double beef burritos. I looked at their nutrional guide when I got home and saw that I just ate 940 calories, 40gm of fat, and 3150 mg of sodium!

It was delicious, but I will never order that crap again!

Old 08-17-2009, 05:07 PM

3,885 posts, read 5,347,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
Fat and calories aside - have you considered the sodium content of fast food?
My thought exactly. OP, please check the nutritional info for sodium as well as fat and calories.

Old 08-17-2009, 05:08 PM

25,512 posts, read 11,596,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedely View Post
Forgetting fat and calorie content, the stuff is horrible for you. All those chemicals in the meat, seasoning, and the rest of their products is all stuff your body can't digest and break down. I wouldn't worry about cholesterol or high blood pressure. More like cancer. If you're extra unlucky, you might develop diabetes. Which kills you, but a piece at a time. And a lot slower too.

How about eating healthier?
I understand most fast food is bad simply by being deep fried, etc, but if Taco Bell scored a B+, then there must be a reason.

What chemicals is there in the lettuce? The grated cheese? Taco sheels and tortillas?

Mugatu, LOL, I have done the same thing, but it's not like I was totally surprised. I knew beforehand that ordering a double meat burrito, especially with sour cream and all the fixins is going to be high fat. Duh. And ordering two?

Of course, diabetes is a whole 'nother topic thread. But it does not kill you "a piece at a time" if you control your blood sugar.

Old 08-17-2009, 05:13 PM

1,315 posts, read 2,077,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _redbird_ View Post

Mugatu, LOL, I have done the same thing, but it's not like I was totally surprised. I knew beforehand that ordering a double meat burrito, especially with sour cream and all the fixins is going to be high fat. Duh. And ordering two?
LOL, but they are only .89 cents! Had to get 2!

The amount of sodium is what really surprised me. That's just insane. They should give free blood pressure tests before you walk out the door.

Old 08-17-2009, 05:18 PM

25,629 posts, read 17,183,411 times
My son and his friends eat at Taco Bel 90% of the time when they go out. It's cheap and better tasting than hamburger places. I laugh because when I was his age I did the same thing. When I got my car and my first apartment I would eat Taco Bell at least 4 times a week. I lived on bean burritos and tacos.

Old 08-17-2009, 05:29 PM

25,512 posts, read 11,596,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugatu View Post
LOL, but they are only .89 cents! Had to get 2!

The amount of sodium is what really surprised me. That's just insane. They should give free blood pressure tests before you walk out the door.
Oh okay, my bad! I was thinking you referred to the BIG BEEFY burritoes. I love taco bell, but I only get the bean burrito because beans are taboo in my house due to a family member with a food allergy.

So, when I crave bean burritos, which I LOVE, I hit Taco Bell. Anyways, good thread, and interesting responses.

Old 08-17-2009, 05:32 PM

53 posts, read 64,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hugepossum View Post
Okay so I don't actually eat it every day, but I do eat it more than McDs, Burger King, etc. I'm not too sure on the numbers, but it doesn't seem like it would be as bad for you as the food from burger and fries type of places.

Anyone got any input on the relative healthiness for Taco Bell type joints Vs. McDs type?

Probably not much healthiness.

Actually, I like Taco Bell every now and then, but I wouldn't eat their stuff every day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink