Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2009, 08:10 AM

17,029 posts, read 30,773,910 times

Advertisements

As long as your getting enough exercise to burn off the extra calories...no issues. Not bad to check your blood pressure and cholesterol though. That stuff sneaks up on you once you hit 30.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2009, 11:23 AM

509 posts, read 1,162,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
you can consume 3000 calories in 10 minutes at a fast food joint. you must run 10 miles to burn 1000 calories. how are your legs?
I bet I could eat more than that if I tried.

Wow, I forgot about this thread. I now eat nothing but cereal and meal replacement protien shakes and have lost 25 lbs. Thanks All the Whey Lean & Fit Meal Replacement Smoothie Mix!!! Thanks, shredded wheat!!! Thanks reduced fat milk!!!

Ok I'm done now.

Old 08-20-2009, 01:09 PM

1,474 posts, read 2,910,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connecticut Pam View Post
If you go online and just type in Taco Bell you might be able to see at least fat and calorie content of their food. I don't believe that any of this fast food is good for you...high in sodium, fat etc. Most places are posting nutritional info on their foods so you may want to go online and investigate. We did have a discussion at Weight Watchers class last week about Taco Bell and the lecturer said that Taco Bell was one of the reasons she had gained 60 unnecessary pounds and ended up at WW. So.....be careful. All that fast food eating will catch you!
When I was on WW I didn't eat at TB for a long time. I just didn't trust myself. I don't eat there often now but if I am eating at a fast food place, it will be TB before McD's or the others (although I prefer Del Taco to TB, there just isn't one HERE!). I can at least get something not fried and without meat.

When I did eat there on WW, I would get a bean burrito, no cheese, plus lettuce and tomatoes and onions, with red and green sauce. Fiber is your friend when you are trying to lose weight.

Old 08-20-2009, 04:37 PM

4,132 posts, read 7,157,371 times
Refried beans are NOT your friends...Boraccho beans if anything. I would think a steady diet at Taco Bell would require that you get an oil pump hooked up to yourself just to circulate your blood......

Old 08-20-2009, 05:42 PM

13,620 posts, read 12,680,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hugepossum View Post
Okay so I don't actually eat it every day, but I do eat it more than McDs, Burger King, etc. I'm not too sure on the numbers, but it doesn't seem like it would be as bad for you as the food from burger and fries type of places.

Anyone got any input on the relative healthiness for Taco Bell type joints Vs. McDs type?
aren't you pumping out to much methane into the atmosphere. tacos create alot of gas

loool just kidding whith you

Old 08-20-2009, 09:34 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,454,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedely View Post
Telling someone they are ignorant on a subject isn't name calling.
Yes, it is. You are making a false statement about another poster, and it does nothing to add to the discussion of the topic at hand. Stop with the name calling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink