U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2009, 02:13 AM

10,791 posts, read 7,135,152 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
MM, I have had a dyson for a couple month, I cannot believe how much pet hair it picksup, and everything else, its awesome!
Yeah, I found that too. For years I resisted getting a Dyson because it looked so plasticky and breakable. But got one last year and have loved it, especially for its ability to pick up dog hair. I have a Golden Retriever.

Old 08-14-2009, 05:33 AM

28,227 posts, read 18,392,513 times
Good WOW morning all of you-I have drooled, laughed and enjoyed about 20 min of reading here!!!!

Kelsie-yeah you were #1200!!! Could you make ratatouille with the eggplant, then freeze? Or gift the neighborhood by leaving them on doorsteps at midnight?

George-I missed Melissa's show last week and have to def catch her this Sunday. She's great.

Toos-aaww I knew I'd get back on the list.

HG-I still can't believe how fast your summer went. Enjoy out.

Crazy-that chicken cacc. is always better 2nd day.

NWV-what a wonderful surprise for you both!

My daughter has 2 Dysons-one upstairs and one down-they are great as she has 3 shedders (and those are just the dogs).

Beretta-good to see you and great hint. Same with making whipped cream I always freeze the bowl and beaters.

Macies,Hawaii,Vichel,Kats and all-hugs.

Date went well-nice conversations, few rounds and huge wings (and a bite of Mr. L's cheeseburger!). It was good for him and he seems back to himself.

Old 08-14-2009, 07:46 AM

8,545 posts, read 8,675,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwoods Voyager View Post
I must be on a pork kick. Last night I browned several pork steaks from a pork butt that the butcher cut for me. then put them into a 12 x 9 glass dish, poured Maulls barbecue sauce over all and then put a double layer of Reynolds wrap over the dish and baked in a 350 oven for about 45-50 mins. Talk about good!! So tender a knife wasn't needed. Glad that I fixed extra because our eldest son surprised us. We knew that he was driving in to MO for his youngest son's B-Day party at our son's Inlaws farm.

Anyway DS got here and talked to us for about 90 seconds outside and then the passenger side door opened and ...........our youngest son from florida stepped out!! Talk about a wonderful surprise!!! We had NO idea that he was coming also. Well, back to the visiting......see y'all later....
NV, did you brown the chops first? I have some beautiful 2" thick boneless chops in the freezer, that sounds so easy..but I usually brown my chops before I do anything with them. Must be from watching my mom cook when I was a kid.

Easy pork chop recipe:

pork chops, browned
stewed tomatoes

brown the chops, in same fry pan, pour stewed tomatoes over chops, cover and simmer for about 40-45 min. Before serving, thicken with a roux made of flour and water or cornstarch and water..Serve over rice or noodles...

YUM!

Old 08-14-2009, 07:56 AM

20,798 posts, read 8,189,160 times
Good Morning Everyone
You were all busy.

NWV what a great surprise for you!!!!!! also that sounds like a fantastic meal.

Love my Dyson I got mine for 200.00 but it was because someone was moving across country and they were getting rid of a lot of their household goods. Perfect condition and I think it was about 6 months old. It is amazing what it picks up. Love it

George we are like that in the kitchen too..I cook and hubster cleans up after me. It works out really well. I am the type to put something in the dishwasher and if it doesn't come out clean I keep running it through. Drives my husband crazy. It works well for us in the kitchen...I zig, he zags, it works.

Tonight we have the grandkids and since they love fish we may just send out for some. We thought DH had a day off today and they just called him to work...

Lacey you are right the cacc was even better the second night.

Beretta glad you visited our kitchen last night

Have a great day all.

Old 08-14-2009, 08:05 AM
Gue

24,120 posts, read 8,363,161 times
Good Morning!

Going to take the girls to my parents cemetary this morning & then take a drive to a north shore town to antique shop.

Haven't been there for a while & they had this restaurant with about 20 varietys of pie. I always got the bittersweet chocolate pie topped with unsweetened whipped cream.

I am going to be so dissapointed if its not there anymore!

Lots of pie lately! Hope everyone enjoys their day! I have to remember the panko when I make meatballs next! So many good tips!

Old 08-14-2009, 08:15 AM

Oh Gue-bittersweet choc pie-what could be better? Enjoy. The north shore is beautiful. We had a summer house on shore shore-S'Hampton and what a place to spend childhood, teen years,etc. Worked at S'Hampton Hosp. when it was small.

Have leftover sausage n onions which I'm going to sautee up w/extra garlic, tomaroes-pasta, garlic bread,salad.

DogMom-I love taking those chops fop them in ehh wash, crushed saltines, brown, put in covered dish add a dash of water, cover and bake 325 45min-1Hr.

Old 08-14-2009, 08:17 AM

20,346 posts, read 20,371,530 times
Morning all ...Meatballs! Maybe I'll do those this weekend.... Picked niece up from the airport last night...then came home and finished laundry....so much for getting up early this morning! SO glad it's Friday! Football preseason games are starting so that is fun....don't know what our weather will bring - could use some rain here. Been a few days - and that's all it takes to turn the grass brown around here. Our soil won't retain water at all....Not to mention I'd LOVE a good lazy day!

NWV, Toosie, Vichel, Lacey, dogmom, Kats, Gue, crazy....anyone else....hope your day is good...

Old 08-14-2009, 08:26 AM

Hey MM-all the meatball talk has me craving them. Use the panko soaked in milk to mix-yum.

Old 08-14-2009, 08:43 AM

8,545 posts, read 8,675,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Oh Gue-bittersweet choc pie-what could be better? Enjoy. The north shore is beautiful. We had a summer house on shore shore-S'Hampton and what a place to spend childhood, teen years,etc. Worked at S'Hampton Hosp. when it was small.

Have leftover sausage n onions which I'm going to sautee up w/extra garlic, tomaroes-pasta, garlic bread,salad.

DogMom-I love taking those chops fop them in ehh wash, crushed saltines, brown, put in covered dish add a dash of water, cover and bake 325 45min-1Hr.
Lacey, that sounds really good..you coat in the saltines, then brown? YUM! I do have to say that since I joined the kitchen here, I have been cooking a bit more..sometimes I just need good simple ideas..

Dr. appt this morning, new GYN..yippee...I am very overdue for a visit so its good..lunch out with dogpaw..maybe a few errands...

lots of smoke out here, the news keeps saying the smoke is drifing out here from the fire in Santa Barbara..gosh that is a couple hundred miles away..I took some pics out in the front this morning..
Come on In to Our Kitchen-0814090602a1.jpg

Come on In to Our Kitchen-08140906021.jpg

Come on In to Our Kitchen-08140906031.jpg

Old 08-14-2009, 08:45 AM

Great but scary pix DM. Yes dip in seasoned egg first.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink