Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2009, 10:51 AM

3,897 posts, read 1,227,768 times

Advertisements

Can I sneak in for a minute or two? I haven't had much computer time lately, but I miss my 'friends' so much and knew that I would find them either hanging out at Cozy Inn or sitting in Lacey and Crazy's kitchen with a cup of tea waiting!!! I'm trying to figure out what to fix for supper tonight and this was the only logical place to look for ideas!! I am definitely going to try to beer can chicken one night next week.......guess it won't work with a beer bottle, huh?? All I have in the house is Corona, so guess I'll need to add that to my list!!! Lacey, your addition of brown sugar and paprika sounds yummy!!
So glad that we have a fun and friendly kitchen to gather in for great cooking ideas!!!!!

Old 08-07-2009, 10:54 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,841,918 times
The gangs all here!!! Where's Denise-she worked last night.

What were you thinking of cooking BeBette?

Old 08-07-2009, 11:03 AM

3,897 posts, read 1,227,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post

I've got boneless pork loin thawing out......any ideas???

Old 08-07-2009, 11:04 AM

4,604 posts, read 5,774,096 times
The brown sugar does sound good. Bebette - NO bottles . I have heard of using coke and even adding liquor to the coke but have never tried it. I'm a beer girl so that works for me. Sometime it takes a couple of tries before I have enough beer left in the can for the chicken. Poor thirsty birds.

Old 08-07-2009, 11:12 AM

8,545 posts, read 10,270,725 times
I love sitting here in the kitchen chatting with you all.. I am havin kind of a bad day, just ate some cheese and crackers...Struggles with money, kids, money, etc...normally try to keep the stiff upper lip, but today not a good day..thanks for letting me just 'hang here' today..hugs

Old 08-07-2009, 11:12 AM

9,376 posts, read 11,940,858 times
Quote:
Question all-I love chicken and could eat it everyday. Mr. L is not a chicken lover. Is it this way in your homes?

Just heard the longest thunder rumble I ever heard.
I am lucky in that my DH will try just about anything I throw together. A piece of cardboard sprinkled with cheese would probably do for him!

I give you all credit who make separate meals for your spouses! I don't know if I would have the patience. Although, I would probably eat what he ate. I am not too picky either, I would try something (no gut meats though) and if I didn't like it he would get it and I would just eat the sides. (...and I might never make it again!!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessiegee40 View Post
The brown sugar does sound good. Bebette - NO bottles . I have heard of using coke and even adding liquor to the coke but have never tried it. I'm a beer girl so that works for me. Sometime it takes a couple of tries before I have enough beer left in the can for the chicken. Poor thirsty birds.
LOL!!!! Yeah, sometimes they just get the empty can and and all the spices!!! I love beer can chicken! So good and moist!!

I don't feel like cooking today, so the suggestion will be that we go out. Hopefully, he feels the same!

Have a great day!

Old 08-07-2009, 11:14 AM

19,922 posts, read 11,040,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimba01 View Post
A piece of cardboard sprinkled with cheese would probably do for him!
It's definitely the cheese that makes the difference.

Old 08-07-2009, 11:18 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,841,918 times
Oh he eats what I cook it just I could basically eat chicken almost everyday-so I eat it out amd limit it here.

BeBette-have sauerkraut? If so mix krauts and onions, rub pork with salt/pepper/brown sugarroast on top of kraut. Mashed potatoes or noodles-you're set.

DogMom-we'll be here girl-lots of folks in that boat.

Old 08-07-2009, 11:19 AM

8,893 posts, read 4,541,826 times
Quote:

Here I am-hubby and I went this morning for breakfast and then shopping for a new TV stand.

Love beer can chicken, so easy to make. Working tonight so no cooking for me!

Great people here and love coming to this kitchen!

Old 08-07-2009, 11:24 AM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,367,312 times
Here is a great Summer desert straight from the Pampered Chef's cook books! I have made it several times--love it and so easy to make.

Lemon Blueberry Trifle

1 frozen prepared pound cake (16 ounces)- (I actually use 2 cakes)
2 lemons
1 1/2 cups milk
1 container (8 ounces) sour cream
1 container (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
2 packages (3.4 ounces each) lemon instant pudding and pie filling
1 pint fresh blueberries (about 2 cups)
1 square (1 ounce) white chocolate for baking

--Cut pound cake into 1-inch cubes; place in large colander bowl. Using a lemon Zester, make several lengthwise scores in one lemon, top to bottom; slice into 6 slices. Cut each slice in half and set aside for garnish. Zest remaining lemon using short strokes; set aside. Juice lemon. Sprinkle lemon juice over pound cake; toss .

--In a bowl, combine milk, sour cream, half of the whipped topping and reserved lemon zest; whisk until smooth. Add pudding mix; whisk until mixture begins to thicken.

--Set aside 12 blueberries for garnish. To assemble trifle, place 1/3 of the cake cubes into bottom of chilled bowl. Top with 1/3 of the blueberries. Grate 1/4 of the chocolate over blueberries. Top with 1/3 of the pudding mixture, pressing lightly. Repeat layers 2 more times, reserving the remaining grated chocolate for garnish. Spread remaining pudding over entire top of trifle, creating a smooth surface.

--Attach open star tip to a decorator; fill with remaining whipped topping. Decorate by piping 12 rosettes around edge of bowl. Place one lemon slice between rosettes and one reserved blueberry on each rosette. Grate remaining chocolate in center. (I actually decorated it differently--throwing a bunch of blueberries in the center and grated white chocolate over the trifle)

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.