Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2009, 12:44 PM

21,956 posts, read 24,202,578 times

Advertisements

Welcome to ""What's For Dinner Part Five"!!!!!
Same place, same table and the same friends!!

The previous What's For Dinner Tonight thread can be found here.http://www.city-data.com/forum/food-...dinner-iv.html

Last edited by Beretta; 08-08-2009 at 07:54 AM..

Old 08-08-2009, 07:53 AM

16,174 posts, read 32,332,373 times
Due to space on the server, and forum performance a new thread was started. Enjoy.

Old 08-08-2009, 07:56 AM

20,549 posts, read 30,275,117 times
Good morning all. Yay I found the new thread.

Cyn- I am so sorry to hear about your family troubles. I hope over time things can be worked out for you.

Jaxson- Mike is fine. They found one little benign polyp which was removed. Now I just need the results from my mammogram and we are both good.

Thank you all for your well wishes yesterday. At this time I cannot get into explaining as it is a delicate matter but suffice it to say my DH kicked butt and we won the first round yesterday. Woo hoo and a big happy dance. I am so happy my hubby is smarter than the average bear, lol.

Dinner last night was pancakes because I forgot to take anything out of the freezer. Tonight we are having burgers. Plain for my DH and a cheeseburger for me. Yum

Old 08-08-2009, 08:38 AM

5,384 posts, read 10,830,513 times
Wow we are such gabbers we had to start a new thread huh? LOL

YL I don't don't what was going on yesterday with your hubby and the bear...LOL... but I would lvoe to find out.... congrats to him either way.... Fingers crossed for the mammo... I had one last April and I know the waiting game is not fun....

Dear Cyn.... my heart goes out to you.... I know how badly you wanted to bridge this gap.... <<hugs>>....

Woke this morning to a quiet house... ... no phone calls or emergencies!!! all is good.... hubby and I went to our favorite diner.... he had cornmeal pancakes with maple walut butter and I had two eggs over easy with homemade whole wheat toast.... very tasty! AND QUIET!!!!!! (in a good way).... gonna do some house cleaning and then head out to one of the finger lakes today for dinner. Will report back later!

Old 08-08-2009, 09:02 AM

47,841 posts, read 21,871,995 times
Made the transition to the new thread. We are getting ready to drive up to the Botanical Gardens at Boothbay Harbor. I am very much looking forward to this. Lunch somewhere on the coast.

Old 08-08-2009, 09:08 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,190,237 times
Well, it's about time, Elston! Looking forward to your description of your day.

Cyn, hugs from me too.

Not sure what's for dinner. Going to the flea market with 3 other ladies from our cul-de-sac while DH paints (altho right now, he's sawing wood, if ya know what I mean!). I hope to come home with a new bathing suit.

Have a great day all.

Old 08-08-2009, 11:56 AM

4,336 posts, read 3,537,262 times
I'm having sirloin steak on the grill tonight, and I'll throw in a baked potato, salad, and sliced tomatoes for good measure.

Old 08-08-2009, 03:06 PM

259,023 posts, read 90,194,474 times
Tonight we have company coming. Chicken and yellow rice my daughter is bringing. Wife will add veggies as requested from our freezer and will make a garden salad. Got mangoes chilling for dessert.

Got to brush up on grilling as both my sons are going to be home for the Labor day weekend. Should have both daughters here so all eight grand children will be here for me to pester....Ages 6-20. It's going to be a riot. My mom has neighbors that do whole hogs....Need to talk to them about maybe doing one for us. Just a small one that we can use up over the 4 days we will all be together.

Old 08-08-2009, 03:19 PM

21,956 posts, read 24,202,578 times
Thanks you all my dear friends here.
Lisa, good job for your DH. You sound so proud and should be! I am proud and happy for the both of you. Horray!!
Skbs..I am so happy you are getting a littlle needed R&R with DH. How romantic....enjoy yourself!! Thanks for always being such a happy, positive poster here.
Dear Baretta, thank you for taking care of this for me especially at this particular time in my life. It seems to have moved quite smoothly to the part V. You did a great job!!
Elston thanks for thinking of me..... Hope your day is lovely...
NMS, I appreciate the thoughts and hugs and can use them right now!!
Nomad, my always dependable Nomad--thanks!!
I am sorry if I am not here much today..been sleeping more then I should I suppose but dreaming seems like the place to be today!! I am not at all sure about dinner--probably nothing for me but DH may have a hamburger.
I love this thread and all the people who come to post here. Thank you all!!

Old 08-08-2009, 03:22 PM

25,464 posts, read 13,523,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadicus View Post
Tonight we have company coming. Chicken and yellow rice my daughter is bringing. Wife will add veggies as requested from our freezer and will make a garden salad. Got mangoes chilling for dessert.

Got to brush up on grilling as both my sons are going to be home for the Labor day weekend. Should have both daughters here so all eight grand children will be here for me to pester....Ages 6-20. It's going to be a riot. My mom has neighbors that do whole hogs....Need to talk to them about maybe doing one for us. Just a small one that we can use up over the 4 days we will all be together.
Oh, Nomad, how I envy you....We love whole hog cookouts. Friends of ours would do this once every summer and all of us, (about 50) would bring side dishes and have the grandest of times. We would start out about 3 in the afternoon, play some music, have light snacks beforehand and ice cold drinks. Just about every kind imaginable. The hog roast would be tended to by our hosts and final preparations would be made for some of the brought in dishes.

A few small campfires would than be constructed on various places not to far from the roasting hog. Our hosts has about 100 acres but we only 'partied' on about 1 1/2 acres near their lovely home and lake. Now when the time came to gather around and begin the dinner, everyone would assist and oh how wonderful the rest of the evening would be.

Our hosts would remove our meat entree from its roasting place and it would have the place of honour on one of the many tables that had been set up. Then the carving would take place. The aroma was enough to make your mouth water in anticipation of this glorious feast.

Would love to be a part of this event again and again, but alas, our hosts no longer are amongst us. I miss them and their whole hog roasts. This was always a grand event for so many of us. Good friends, good times and great food. Esp. the whole hog.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.