Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2009, 08:04 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,311,123 times

Advertisements

Oh potatoe salad does sound good. I don't have any celery--darn. Maybe that will be something I can put together for next week. Also if anyone has some great pasta salad ideas they would care to share I am in the need for something new and different then the same old macaroni salad. I bought some different shaped pasta now I need to do something with it!
I am going to make a new chicken breasts recipe tonight. The same one I was going to make the other night but DH had other plans with the grill. I will post it if I like how it turns out. It sounds yummy!! I'll have some asparagus and mashed potatoes for sides.

Old 08-09-2009, 08:10 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,263,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdude View Post
I'm hosting a barbeque

Hamburgers
Steaks
Pork Chops
Macaroni Salad
Beans
Chips
Corn...

Were going the whole 9 yards.
And you want us there what time??? Sounds so good, dude. I haven't been to a bbq in ages. Wait a minute....no dessert????

Old 08-09-2009, 08:15 AM

17,998 posts, read 9,062,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoresnow View Post
And you want us there what time??? Sounds so good, dude. I haven't been to a bbq in ages. Wait a minute....no dessert????

Barbeque starts at 4PM EDT.

Thanks!! my mouth is watering just talking about it!..lol

Were debating whether to have a pie of some sort or pudding or ice cream.

Old 08-09-2009, 08:17 AM

48,132 posts, read 22,004,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
Oh potatoe salad does sound good. I don't have any celery--darn. Maybe that will be something I can put together for next week. Also if anyone has some great pasta salad ideas they would care to share I am in the need for something new and different then the same old macaroni salad. I bought some different shaped pasta now I need to do something with it!
I am going to make a new chicken breasts recipe tonight. The same one I was going to make the other night but DH had other plans with the grill. I will post it if I like how it turns out. It sounds yummy!! I'll have some asparagus and mashed potatoes for sides.

I will be watching for that pasta salad recipe too.....I made one last week but it was so boring.....i threw it out this morning....since no one was going to eat it.

Old 08-09-2009, 09:50 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post

Pasta, bacon, halved grape or cherry tomatoes, shredded lettuce, mayo, S & P, et Voila! BLT Salad

Old 08-09-2009, 09:56 AM

2,410 posts, read 6,004,878 times
Tonight will be breakfast. Bacon, eggs, hashbrowns, toast and grits.

Jax - leg is still getting better. I can now stand on it for about 2 1/2 hours and I'm getting a little better at stairs. I might be able to move my computer back down to the basement by the end of the year.

The local theatre group is having a closeout sale so I'm going to head down there to see if they have any medieval costumes for when we go to renassiance fairs

Old 08-09-2009, 10:14 AM

259,024 posts, read 90,595,230 times
The pantry is well stocked, the fridge is full, the freezer is full and I'm clueless about supper. It's lunch time and nothing is clicking yet for that. We may do the prudent thing and just go the few blocks to Mickey D's and get a fish sandwich for supper. R&R seems to be more important today than making a mess in the kitchen. Six more weeks of hot nasty weather and then the good times on the grill can start up again. Me wife has her leg propped up reading a book and I'm exploring CD. Maybe hunger will come and give me some creative ideas....

Old 08-09-2009, 10:38 AM

48,132 posts, read 22,004,457 times
DP partner just inquired......"whats for dinner tonight?"
(Cyn you really started something.....lol.)
So I can tell you all what I told him......"Steak!"
And then he inquired "cooked on the grill?"...
"yes."

They he added...."I want mine with rice and a nice salad".

"I can do that!"

Old 08-09-2009, 11:35 AM

5,384 posts, read 10,869,300 times
Nomad is sounds like a relaxing afternoon....hope the wife's knee is doing alright....and you two keep cool today... take it easy.

Elston I like when dinner is planned FOR me! Makes life easy Enjoy

Molochai enjoy the sale! Sounds like loads of fun....

Burdell... that salad makes me want to eat bacon... worth the risk of a migraine

gdude... enjoy your bbq!

Well, we picked up the girls and they have been talking nonstop about their trip and we were informed Niagra Falls was better than Disney World! OK!!!! Wow!!! My parents must have done SOMETHING right! LOL....

Took them to a local diner for lunch after mass to hear all about it.... and hubby and I made total pigs of ourselves and had a local FAV!!!! He had a LANDFILL and I had a RUBBISH Plate... LOL they both are similar yet different- his is more breakfast with eggs over easy on top and mine had two red hots (worth a migraine if I get one).... Garbage Plates - Rochester Wiki Both of us have declared full bellies and no need to be fed until tomorrow! So dinner will not be made tonight! LOL

It is POURING here! I am supposed to get out to the store still to get the bday gift for the girls to take to the party!!! oops.... don't even want to THINK about leaving in this. The party is at three... hoping it at least breaks for a bit.... fingers crossed!

Old 08-09-2009, 11:58 AM

52,688 posts, read 47,955,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdude View Post
Barbeque starts at 4PM EDT.
I'll sneak in through the back door......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink