U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2009, 05:28 PM

3,533 posts, read 11,241,389 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
Oh my am I laughing. You guys are a kick! So funny. Skbs you tell stories like a pro--so much fun to hear!
Welcome to our newbies! This is such a fun thread to come and learn, share and yes we laugh lots! I suppose we have to be a little crazy to spend so much time thinking about food!
Please keep coming back and joining us!

well if you weren't thinking about food you would be bored.

Old 08-13-2009, 05:29 PM

5,683 posts, read 8,877,107 times
Here I am, reading this afternoon's posts about the deep fryer ideas aloud to the spouse and we are both falling on the floor laughing: HoHo's, shredded wheat and onion rings, oh, my... Thank you, skbs, Nomad and Jill, for starting our Thursday evening with such a good rush of endorphens!

And it is indeed a joyful evening. I left the office at 5:20 this afternoon - 5:20!! - and am sitting here with my feet up, enjoying the sensation of being DONE with the fiscal year end insanity. All that's left for tomorrow is to sort through the mounds and stacks and heaps of files and papers that are covering every horizontal surface in my office and put them all away. I don't usually enjoy filing, but there's a lot of satisfaction at this point in putting all that hard work and those long hours to bed at last.

Spouse decided that it'll be a nearly meatless supper tonight, and he's working on something that involves zucchini, pat-a-pan squash, onions, mushrooms and a few other goodies from the last CSA box. I saw four slices of thick-cut peppered bacon out, so it won't be entirely vegetarian, but I know it'll be good. And even better with a glass or two of a good white wine to celebrate the end of the annual insanity.

Old 08-13-2009, 05:39 PM

5,384 posts, read 9,585,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwesternBookWorm View Post
Here I am, reading this afternoon's posts about the deep fryer ideas aloud to the spouse and we are both falling on the floor laughing: HoHo's, shredded wheat and onion rings, oh, my... Thank you, skbs, Nomad and Jill, for starting our Thursday evening with such a good rush of endorphens!

And it is indeed a joyful evening. I left the office at 5:20 this afternoon - 5:20!! - and am sitting here with my feet up, enjoying the sensation of being DONE with the fiscal year end insanity. All that's left for tomorrow is to sort through the mounds and stacks and heaps of files and papers that are covering every horizontal surface in my office and put them all away. I don't usually enjoy filing, but there's a lot of satisfaction at this point in putting all that hard work and those long hours to bed at last.

Spouse decided that it'll be a nearly meatless supper tonight, and he's working on something that involves zucchini, pat-a-pan squash, onions, mushrooms and a few other goodies from the last CSA box. I saw four slices of thick-cut peppered bacon out, so it won't be entirely vegetarian, but I know it'll be good. And even better with a glass or two of a good white wine to celebrate the end of the annual insanity.
Wooo Hooo So proud to be a part of Tonights Comic Relief! I think I will celebrate my insanity with a glass of the last of the white wine MOM Juice I have been nursing the past few days... now that my kids are tucked safely under their covers..... EVERYONE KNOCK ON WOOD RIGHT NOW THEY STAY THERE!!!!! No interruptions of the MOM JUICE... Please Thank you.....

Old 08-13-2009, 05:51 PM

54,145 posts, read 38,214,111 times
Went with a no-cook dinner tonight, salami, pepperoni, Brie, good crusty sour-dough, tapenade, and a number yet to be determined of glasses of zinfandel

Old 08-13-2009, 05:58 PM

914 posts, read 3,809,144 times
That sounds like a delicious no-cook dinner! I wish my boyfriend were into dinners like that. I'd be happy with a dinner of something like apples and peanut butter with sliced dill havarti and bread. Alas, only when I'm home alone!

Old 08-13-2009, 05:58 PM

5,554 posts, read 5,866,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
burgers for me tonight
WOW! You ate all those????

Old 08-13-2009, 05:59 PM

183,802 posts, read 74,960,655 times
The ice cream I expected did materialize. In addition to the chocolate topping I found some Smucker's strawberry topping to throw on top too. I really need to take the dog for a walk now but it is raining just hard enough to keep in and dry....

Old 08-13-2009, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Went with a no-cook dinner tonight, salami, pepperoni, Brie, good crusty sour-dough, tapenade, and a number yet to be determined of glasses of zinfandel
My kind of dinner!

Old 08-13-2009, 06:01 PM

5,384 posts, read 9,585,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Hubby and I call that date night! LOVE dinner like that.... we ship the kids off to bed and picnic at the coffee table.... due for one night soon... thanks for the reminder

Old 08-13-2009, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwesternBookWorm View Post

Tell us how it was. That bacon will make it soooo tasty!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink