U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2009, 09:39 AM

8,710 posts, read 9,985,562 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone! Can't catch up all the posts. Hope you are all well. Just running through before my guests arise. We have been busy, busy, busy! Lots of fun! Heading up Mt. Charleston today! I love it up there. Then off to do the Price is Right on the Strip! Hopefully, I will win some tropical vacation or something!

Have no clue what dinner will be, we did buy a rack of ribs. Sounds good about now as I am getting hungry. Had my morning coffee, now I need some food!

Have a great day, I will be back when I can!

Old 08-16-2009, 09:43 AM
Status: "The world is so full of a number of things..." (set 29 days ago)

38,026 posts, read 17,772,888 times
For supper tonight.....I believe I will make some sloppy joe's sandwiches and french fries....My DP is away and I am cooking for me..... he would never consider that a "supper" but it sounds fine to me.

Old 08-16-2009, 09:49 AM

21,603 posts, read 20,467,048 times
Looks like spaghetti might be making its rounds here on the dinner thread thanks to JoCo and Bella!! Ha! Plant that seed and watch it grow!! Happens all the time. Hmmmm, now that I am thinking of that I just might have to pick up some ground round and sweet sausages and make up some sauce for freezing. I ran out of my sauce in the freezer so it's time to restock!! Thanks for the reminder!
Skbs, so glad you had a good time yesterday and I know you will have a wonderful time today too. Enjoy.
Thanks for the marinate idea Ayalou! I have not used this hoisin sauce I read about here so much but I think that will have to change soon! I would love to try my chicken this way soon. Thanks for sharing.
Wow Nomad, like JFR I haven't tried cooking hot dogs that way--a good idea. Oops, I gave Amber my Forman Grill when I moved--she uses it several times a week! Happy she has it. I can always purchase another one.
Ahh NMS, I feel badly you have to wait for your kitchen to be completed but believe me it will be sooooo worth the wait. I love my kitchen now. I am so excited to get the report on those cupboards once they are put in!!

Last edited by cynwldkat; 08-16-2009 at 10:16 AM..

Old 08-16-2009, 10:24 AM

21,338 posts, read 7,254,895 times
I think it has to be blueberry cornbread and pork ribs. Just saw the blueberry cornbread idea on the vegan thread and said, yup, that's a great idea!

Old 08-16-2009, 10:27 AM

21,603 posts, read 20,467,048 times
Ha! That is funny. I saw it too and was thinking boy that sounds good.

Before I forget it I want to thank everyone here for making my reps grow into another beautiful star. Since this thread is where I spend 99% of my C-D time most of my reps have come from here so a big thank you! I am blessed!! Thank you one and all!

Last edited by cynwldkat; 08-16-2009 at 10:37 AM..

Old 08-16-2009, 11:42 AM

3,111 posts, read 2,463,083 times
Hi everyone!

I've been MIA the last few days. After a sleepless night on Thursday, GF and I decided to hit the beach Friday. It was just the right temperature, 85, and the water was not too cold, about 72. It made for a great day.

I've been reading here how many people are having spaghetti, so instead of making homemade sauce, our local pizzeria makes everything so good, so I'll give them my business tonight. It's Spaghetti w/meat sauce for me and DH wants an Italian sub.
I can't wait to wrap that spaghetti on my fork!!! YUM!

Have a wonderful day.

Old 08-16-2009, 11:58 AM
Status: "The world is so full of a number of things..." (set 29 days ago)

38,026 posts, read 17,772,888 times
It is very very hot......I dont think I am cooking anything at home....later willl take a drive, cool off and get a bite to eat out. I think even the doggies might like a ride in the air conditioned car!

Old 08-16-2009, 12:08 PM

3,533 posts, read 11,136,449 times
we are making KFC fun bowls at home. popcorn chicken, mash potatoes, gravy corn and topped with cheese. kinda like a a shepherds pie but with chicken. there ya go lacey !

Old 08-16-2009, 12:11 PM

3,533 posts, read 11,136,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
It is very very hot......I dont think I am cooking anything at home....later willl take a drive, cool off and get a bite to eat out. I think even the doggies might like a ride in the air conditioned car!
i hear you guys are getting some warm weather for awhile. it's finally starting to cool off down here.

Old 08-16-2009, 12:17 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,679 posts, read 16,540,979 times
Quote:
For supper tonight.....I believe I will make some sloppy joe's sandwiches and french fries....My DP is away and I am cooking for me..... he would never consider that a "supper" but it sounds fine to me.
SOunds good to me, I like an occasional sloppy joe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoastalMaine View Post
I think it has to be blueberry cornbread and pork ribs. Just saw the blueberry cornbread idea on the vegan thread and said, yup, that's a great idea!
Mmmm...blueberry cornbread. That sounds good too!

Quote:
That sounds even better!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink