U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2009, 01:00 PM

44,412 posts, read 35,528,161 times

Advertisements

This week's dinner selections for the Case abode will include filet mignon, asparagus, barbecue beans (for Sunday afternoon), and later, some meatballs and pasta on another night, and grilled chicken on another. Also, some planned dinners out with my church group and my mother will include trips to Rosa's Cafe (good beef tacos), and The Cheesecake Factory (perhaps you only think of the desserts there). I'm also planning a road trip this coming Saturday to Austin, Texas, where I will venture southward from the city to the Barbecue Vatican, and that's Lockhart, Texas. There, I plan to stop at the long-running Kreuz Market, where they make some mighty fine brisket, pork ribs, and the most rugged and flavorful sausage I've ever seen. My one side dish there will be sliced tomatoes (they don't have forks). I'll wash all that down with a bottle of RC.

Have yourselves a wonderful week of food and fun, and bon appetit!

Old 08-09-2009, 01:21 PM

5,384 posts, read 9,609,983 times
Case44 you really might have it with the planning there.... I should really try and do more of that... you must save so much time and money! I should strive to be more organized in the kitchen.... But oh my everything sounds so good.... and I would love to venture out to the BBQ Vatican! LOL that must be an amazing meal....

Well the girls have ended up showing huge signs of exhaustion! Sooooooo looks like we are NOT going to the bday party! Which I am so very happy about in the end! I am tired myself and don't want to head out to get the gift.... how very sad is that? CB is crying and grouchy and I don't think the parents would be pleased having her as a guest right now.... She is one tired kid! A nap would be a great idea.... SOOOooo othey will just R&R here and we will drop a gift off later. I think that is fine. I did tell the parents they might not come because of the trip....

Even though I did chow on RUBBISH (lol) I am having dreams of dessert... which is odd because I rarely do.... might have to cure that later.....

Old 08-09-2009, 01:46 PM

184,777 posts, read 75,172,715 times
I think the wife is bringing home a rotisserie chicken and some carrot salad. We have potato salad. That will be good and easy with leftover for my lunch tomorrow.

Old 08-09-2009, 02:33 PM

8,710 posts, read 10,171,390 times
Found ya! Not sure what dinner is tonight. Most likely something with pork chops. Maybe grilled. Heading out to run some errands first. Maybe I will find something in my travels...

Have a great Sunday!

Old 08-09-2009, 04:05 PM

914 posts, read 3,825,782 times
I am currently making a sausage and lentil soup. It will be served with crusty bread and a movie!

Old 08-09-2009, 04:08 PM

The chicken has arrived along with the carrot salad. On behalf of skbs I am going to eat some pickled beets. I'm duty bound to do what I can for my foodie friends....Probably decorate the potato salad with them.

Old 08-09-2009, 04:13 PM

5,384 posts, read 9,609,983 times
Dang Nomad... I peek my head in here for two seconds after reading the paper and I see Pickeld Beets! So jealous.... do me a favor... eat a ton! I really want some.... it has been SOOoooooo Long!

Jill that soup sounds so good... did you make it yourself? Best way to eat it is curled up in front of a movie.... mmmmm... with crusty bread too!!!! Lucky you!!!!!

Kimba- I was thrown for a loop with the thread too.... guess we just like to chat so much we had to be tossed a whole new thread! LOL.... Lucky us.... like a new pair of shoes to break in.... all shiny and new.....

Still stuffed from lunch.... One and only meal of the day... but it was worth it.... but I WOULD share Nomad's beets if I could...... LOL

Old 08-09-2009, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skbs View Post
. but I WOULD share Nomad's beets if I could...... LOL
We will serve them at the hog roast at NWV's place. Strict portion control mind ya...Don't want you ill on the trip...

Old 08-09-2009, 04:19 PM

3,129 posts, read 2,508,480 times
Finally got here! Yucky day here, weatherwise. I did a little housework and some ironing. I did watch a lot of The Food Network.

Anyway, I am making deep fried chicken wings and cole slaw. I''ll probably cut up a tomato for DH, I don't like them.

Hope everyone had a good weekend.

Old 08-09-2009, 04:21 PM

914 posts, read 3,825,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skbs View Post
Jill that soup sounds so good... did you make it yourself? Best way to eat it is curled up in front of a movie.... mmmmm... with crusty bread too!!!! Lucky you!!!!!
Yes I do make it myself!

You see, when my boyfriend and I moved in together, neither of us had really cooked before. (Personally, I hate cooking for just myself.) So we got a bunch of pre-fab stuff and "heated" dinner every night. The result was that we got fat! (I blame it on breaded fish and fries from Trader Joe's.) So for the last few years we have made everything from scratch. This means we spend a whole lot of time in the kitchen, but it also means we are both much healthier and have each gotten to be pretty good cooks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink