Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2009, 06:02 PM

5,554 posts, read 6,739,120 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadicus View Post
The ice cream I expected did materialize. In addition to the chocolate topping I found some Smucker's strawberry topping to throw on top too. I really need to take the dog for a walk now but it is raining just hard enough to keep in and dry....
I know about those excuses.

Old 08-13-2009, 06:27 PM

21,956 posts, read 24,305,220 times
Time for me to spend a bit of time with my DH. We are just going to relax and watch a movie. See everyone in the morning! Thanks for coming and making this such a fun place!

Old 08-13-2009, 06:32 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,579,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aylalou View Post
I know about those excuses.
Well next time I'll be more creative. Mean time I wonder how many posts I have to make per bowl of ice cream to work it off. Maybe I better go and walk the dog...Would you believe we are already planning supper for tomorrow. Yep. Have so cooked beef thawing for the foundation material for tacos...

Old 08-13-2009, 06:50 PM

5,554 posts, read 6,739,120 times
Quote:
Well next time I'll be more creative. Mean time I wonder how many posts I have to make per bowl of ice cream to work it off. Maybe I better go and walk the dog...Would you believe we are already planning supper for tomorrow. Yep. Have so cooked beef thawing for the foundation material for tacos...
LOL. Was thinking of all the excuses I've made to shorten the walk of my dog - esp. in hot weather! Good planning, Nomad. You're ahead of the game.

See you later, Cyn.

Old 08-13-2009, 06:52 PM

5,384 posts, read 10,867,628 times
Cyn you deserve some R&R with your DH.... enjoy your movie and relax.... we can hold down the fort.....LOL.... might make a bit of a mess but we'll hold it down! (FOOD FIGHT!!!!! j/k or am I???? )

Nomad I think Debsi would be so proud of your meaty prepwork! I have crumblers in the freezer I have been saving for VEGGIE Tacos... but I don't know how she would feel about those.... Debsi Care to weigh in? SOY Crumblers vs MEAT? for tacos..... would I be KILLING the "taconess" of the taco? Might make them into a burrito instead.... still toying with the idea.....

Old 08-13-2009, 07:04 PM

5,680 posts, read 10,334,402 times
You can make a meatless taco, skbs; Texans may frown on it, but it's still good. Cook your crumblers with chili powder and cumin to give them an authentic southwestern flavor. Start by slapping down a layer of refried beans on your tortilla (it works kind of like mortar, keeping everything in place) and then a layer of crumblers over the beans. Top that with grated cheese, maybe some sour cream, shredded lettuce and chopped tomato, and there you go - a meatless taco.

Of course, if Nomad's coming to supper, you'll need to have the jar of jalapenos out for him to doctor his up with a little extra fire. And Debsi would probably want you to have some salsa or pico de gallo to ladle on top. And an ice-cold cerveza would not be amiss as an accompaniment.

But you get the idea, I'm sure!

Old 08-13-2009, 07:07 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,579,111 times
Well Aylalou I walked the dog. Now I'm guilt free. Debsi would be even more proud if I would make some fresh salsa. That I have not mastered yet. Still using stuff in the jar...

Old 08-13-2009, 07:17 PM

5,384 posts, read 10,867,628 times
Quote:
Well Aylalou I walked the dog. Now I'm guilt free. Debsi would be even more proud if I would make some fresh salsa. That I have not mastered yet. Still using stuff in the jar...
Well, fresh salsa I can do..... great way to use up all the tomatoes my neighbor and parents hand over.... once they start growing they just don't stop!

Thanks for the taco idea MWBW! That's usually how I do it- but I mix black beans and corn into the crumblers.... If I make a burrito I stuff it with rice too.... and then all the veggies- green peppers, tomatoes, the corn and black beans... the cheese and refried beans too.... and of course the crumblers. I really think if it were JUST me I could be a vegetarian. I do love my veggies......

Old 08-13-2009, 07:23 PM

5,680 posts, read 10,334,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aylalou View Post
Tell us how it was. That bacon will make it soooo tasty!
Mmmmmmmmmm.......

He diced up the bacon and fried it to crispy perfection in a small cast-iron skillet.

Meanwhile, the sliced onions and mushrooms were sauteing gently into juicy perfection in the big stainless steel skillet, enhanced with a sprinkling of Penzey's Bavarian seasoning.

And over in the big cast-iron, he had Yukon Gold potatoes seasoned with Penzey's Northwoods frying up.

Then he added the bacon and the sliced squash to the partly done mushrooms and onions, put the lid on the pan, and let the squash steam into tenderness.

Supper was a pile of perfectly done home fries alongside a pile of wonderful sauteed veggies flavored with the crunchy bits of bacon. A good crisp white wine was the accompaniment.

I am a lucky, lucky woman......

Old 08-13-2009, 07:38 PM

2,002 posts, read 4,583,894 times
hellu!

DH wanted something fresh, so tunafish sandwiches with lettuce and tomatoe

Have a great one!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink