Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2010, 06:02 AM

8,534 posts, read 7,404,265 times

Advertisements

I was invited to go to Whole Foods & Trader Joe's yesterday. The first time I had been to either.
I must say, WF has so much in there. I like just looking and seeing all the different items. I spent $24 in WF.
I do think I like TJ's better ~~ price wise. I spent $34 in there.

We went to Red Robin for lunch, that was delish. I'd never been there either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2010, 06:29 AM

5,284 posts, read 20,050,981 times
I could care less about kumbaya. The Whole Foods in Louisville, KY is always packed to the gills and it is pricey and gorgeously presented. Sometimes I buy produce there because it is often superior to most stores and something good is always on sale. Their huge bunches of herbs and variety of beautiful produce during the holidays are always amazing. They have the freshest looking and tasting organic grown produce in town hands down (well, for a market anyway - I prefer local farmer's markets in season).

I held a large Christmas brunch last year and bought sausage and bacon from the WF butcher - it was very delicious - the bacon in particular (not something we eat very often). It is the only place in town that I could find that sells all-butter puff pastry dough - over $10 a sheet though (I do miss Trader Joe's). Their flowers are fabulous and they have good seasonal sales. My favorite is their cheeses - they do have the best selection in town and there are tons of other stores that carry wide selections of specialty cheeses. When I need specialty cheeses for a party - WF is the place.

Regarding their take-out and eat-in foods - the counters and tables are always full no matter what time I go into the store - so they must be doing something right. To say that their take-out isn't good is purely subjective and definitely not true for the majority to buy from WF.

Their customer service is fabulous.

I just love going into the store - it is gorgeous and well run and there are occasional bargains to be had. For specialty foods they are great.

Old 10-28-2010, 10:13 PM

3,049 posts, read 8,908,098 times
I liked it with the founder there, his libertarian streak was one of the reasons i shopped there as he wasnt following in line with the one track" you have to be elitest and left to be green " crowd.

enjoy now shopping at my local farmers markets, the amish farmers out in amish country, my food coop and trader joe's. I miss somethings about WF, but if you have to drive a Prius to shop there its not democratic or open minded enough for me.

Old 08-30-2011, 06:45 PM
SKB

900 posts, read 3,498,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWingsFan View Post
Now see, I don't want to get into a debate like this but I hate when I see things like that. Gee, if that were true you'd think they wouldn't have been given the feeling of pain since they experience that during being killed for consumption. Ever watch a video like Meet Your Meat? It shows the inside of a slaughterhouse. What a sick and cruel joke it would be if they were here for human consumption and yet given the ability to feel pain and experience fear.

Sure, people will say vegetables feel pain. But not in the visible sense that animals do. They show and feel pain in the very same likeness that we humans do. I urge you to watch the video if you can stomach it.

But back to the original thing I was pointing out...what a selfish concept that is. They have no being or life of their own, they are merely here to please humans. So typical...

Think outside the box people....
Did you not read my entire post? I said I HATE factory farms. I believe God did place animals on earth for us to eat but NOT to torture. Animals should be able to have a life and be outside, feel the sun on their backs, peck at the ground, run and play.
When the time comes and they have lived their lives in a great and happy way a compassionate way of ending their lives so their bodies are not wasted should be involved. We then can consume them so their lives had even more of a purpose.
My Father was a game hunter, I also had family members that were farmers. My Dad used 100% of the body of the animal he killed, we ate all of the meat, he tanned their hides so we had leather gloves.

I have watched every single video of animal cruelty including meet your meat. I was a 100% vegan for a year until I didn't feel well and needed to eat more foods that provided proper nutrition.

There must be a balance between raising animals and humanly slaughtering them so we can eat.

"Genesis 9

God’s Covenant With Noah

1 Then God blessed Noah and his sons, saying to them, “Be fruitful and increase in number and fill the earth. 2 The fear and dread of you will fall on all the beasts of the earth, and on all the birds in the sky, on every creature that moves along the ground, and on all the fish in the sea; they are given into your hands. 3 Everything that lives and moves about will be food for you. Just as I gave you the green plants, I now give you everything.
4 “But you must not eat meat that has its lifeblood still in it. 5 And for your lifeblood I will surely demand an accounting. I will demand an accounting from every animal. And from each human being, too, I will demand an accounting for the life of another human being."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink