Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2009, 04:39 PM

6,777 posts, read 13,544,348 times

Advertisements

Yeah. My DH looking over my shoulder trying to give me tips.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2009, 04:43 PM

2,480 posts, read 5,316,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
That's right folks! Just let it all out! Vent away! LOL>

Last night while I was getting the last of things taken care of with dinner this is what happened:

Knock knock knock.

A very large man at the door. I do not mean fat large, I mean thick and muscular large.

Another man sort of pushes his way in behind him, so now I have two very large men standing in my living room. They are looking for a man who every one else is looking for as well.

We get his mail, we get the police and sheriffs department, everyone!

Oh but last night we had two big bounty hunters in the LR! Whoop!

I sent them next door! One of the other neighbors told me that this man lives there every once in a while. They had a file folder and opened it up and showed me his mug shot.

Wow. Dinner was really good. LOL
OMG-2 Bounty Hunters in your living room. I would have freaked out. You had some exciting evening to say the least.

I can't believe no one replied to this-this was an outrageous happening.

Old 10-16-2009, 05:02 PM

4,103 posts, read 7,021,978 times
"Mommy, I'm hungry. Mommy. Mommy. MOMMY I'M HUNGRY! Mommy! Mommy."

Makes me want to change my name.

Also our house is small which means our kitchen is very small so if I'm in my groove cooking and people start coming in it annoys me.

My husband also likes to start projects right before dinner and then doesn't want to stop.

Last but not least when my picky 6yo looks at her food and says 'yuck' when she's never even tried it. I cook well and spend time on many meals so when she does that it's hard not to want to strangle her just a little bit.

Old 10-16-2009, 05:35 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,336,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKVA View Post
OMG-2 Bounty Hunters in your living room. I would have freaked out. You had some exciting evening to say the least.

I can't believe no one replied to this-this was an outrageous happening.
LOL. Oh well, I sent them to the next door neighbors house to boot and then the next day we all had something to talk about.

Yep, never had bounty hunters in the LR before that night. Wonder if they ever found the guy.

A neighbor down the way told me there was another guy in our back yard waiting to see if the guy was gonna try and run out the back door.

Good grief!

Old 10-16-2009, 05:50 PM

2,480 posts, read 5,316,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
LOL. Oh well, I sent them to the next door neighbors house to boot and then the next day we all had something to talk about.

Yep, never had bounty hunters in the LR before that night. Wonder if they ever found the guy.

A neighbor down the way told me there was another guy in our back yard waiting to see if the guy was gonna try and run out the back door.

Good grief!

This sounded like a TV show!

Old 10-16-2009, 05:54 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,336,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKVA View Post
This sounded like a TV show!
felt like it, too!

Old 10-17-2009, 04:42 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,631,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlitasway View Post
"Mommy, I'm hungry. Mommy. Mommy. MOMMY I'M HUNGRY! Mommy! Mommy."

Makes me want to change my name.

Also our house is small which means our kitchen is very small so if I'm in my groove cooking and people start coming in it annoys me.

My husband also likes to start projects right before dinner and then doesn't want to stop.

Last but not least when my picky 6yo looks at her food and says 'yuck' when she's never even tried it. I cook well and spend time on many meals so when she does that it's hard not to want to strangle her just a little bit.
What were you going to change it to?

Old 10-17-2009, 06:10 AM

1,142 posts, read 2,814,410 times
What bothers me when I'm cooking is the total lack of take out restaurants in my area!

Seriously, when my eldest daughter with her constant appetite goes and makes a sandwich right as dinner is almost done. That really bugs me. I tell her her each time not to do it, but she claims she'll be hungry enough for dinner cause she's "starving to death". Never is able to eat dinner either.

Then my hubby likes to stand right at the kitchen sink and makes me walk around him to get to the stove. Grrrrr! Or even worse, once in a while he'll start working on something and won't come to the dinner table when called. We just go ahead and start without him!

Last but not least, the dogs dance around my feet as I'm trying to get everything done, hoping for that one little scrap to fall so they can dive for it first. A few times I've almost tripped and fell!

See why I like take out?

Old 10-17-2009, 06:30 AM

1,113 posts, read 3,493,061 times
My husband or teen son looking over my shoulder and saying "WHAT'S THAT??"
Opening a container that has a foil lid (pudding, yogurt, etc) and it spurts all over me.
Finding a hair (human, pet). GAGGGGGG!!

Old 10-17-2009, 10:33 AM

5,064 posts, read 15,890,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawaiiLover View Post
This happens on holidays when I have family over. Someone comes in the kitchen and wants to chat like I have nothing to do. It really bugs me because, if I'm measuring something, I don't want to make a mistake. And honestly, I like to be alone when I'm cooking or baking.
This is exactly what I was going to say! I have to bite my tongue to keep from telling them to just go away and leave me alone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post
Yeah. My DH looking over my shoulder trying to give me tips.
This one, too. My dh always feels the need to give his opinion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink