Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2009, 02:16 PM

6,777 posts, read 13,546,270 times

Advertisements

We've had a few discussions about this local TV chef on the NC forums, Dan Eaton, he's terrible and his voice is like nails on a chalkboard. I'd hit him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2009, 02:28 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,259,284 times
Lidia! Now that woman can cook. And she built a cooking empire but managed to do it without becoming a parody of herself.

Old 10-24-2009, 02:29 PM

19,922 posts, read 11,040,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
I always like Graham Kerr when he was drinking....not so much once he quit.........
Me too. I also really liked old Earl Peyroux, who did a show for PBS called Gourmet Cooking. He was about as wide as he was tall, but the man could cook.

Back to the original question about who oughta get slapped ... Martha Stewart is pretty high on my list and there's someone new on Food Network, Alex Guarnaschelli who is convinced that her "stuff don't stink". Yes, it does Alex. All our stuff stinks. She's been a judge on "Chopped" and I find her about as pleasing as nails on a blackboard.

Andrew Zimmern needs more than a slap. He needs some duct tape across the mouth because if I have to watch him eat any more ***** or ***** or *****, I swear I'll lose it.

Old 10-24-2009, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
I always like Graham Kerr when he was drinking....not so much once he quit.........
The Galloping Gourmet! I remember him when I was a kid. I think he had his own show. My dad used to say, "I think that guy is a fruit!"

Old 10-24-2009, 02:35 PM

I forgot one! Ludo Lefebvre - who was one of the Top Chef Master's competitors.

http://www.lamag.com/uploadedImages/LA_Mag/blogs/theDigest/2008/06/ludoLefebvre_lg.jpg (broken link)

Snooty, full of himself and it was miserable to watch his ego try to outcook some real competition.

And as long as I'm on Top Chef Masters, I think Hubert Keller is a genius, I think John Besh should stop competing because he never wins at anything I've ever seen him enter, I think Art Smith should get a smack every time he says "Oprah" and why can't Gael Greene take off that damn hat? One smack for her as well, please.

Old 10-24-2009, 02:35 PM

Combining old cooking shows with who needs to be slapped, on a completely serious note, The Frugal Gourmet.

He was suppose to be a minister but it turned out that he was a pedophile. He's dead now. He died a broken man, they say. He'd walk down the streets of Tacoma and scowl at people. Creepy.

Old 10-24-2009, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley View Post
I forgot one! Ludo Lefebvre - who was one of the Top Chef Master's competitors.

Snooty, full of himself and it was miserable to watch his ego try to outcook some real competition.

And as long as I'm on Top Chef Masters, I think Hubert Keller is a genius, I think John Besh should stop competing because he never wins at anything I've ever seen him enter, I think Art Smith should get a smack every time he says "Oprah" and why can't Gael Greene take off that damn hat.
Ew. That guy needs to wash up. Somebody find the dude a bar of soap.

Hubert Keller IS a genuis!

And Eric Ripert is hot. I mean it. I want to marry him. He's probably gay, though. Not to mention that I'm already married. But seriously, he is hot.

Old 10-24-2009, 02:42 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,841,918 times
Charley I agree with you on Alex-she is a bore and very full of herself.

Old 10-24-2009, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
And Eric Ripert is hot.
Obviously, I don't find him hot ... but I enjoy watching him.

I do get a kick out of Anthony Bourdain too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Charley I agree with you on Alex-she is a bore and very full of herself.
She's one of the prime motivators in reaching for the remote!!

Old 10-24-2009, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
Combining old cooking shows with who needs to be slapped, on a completely serious note, The Frugal Gourmet.

He was suppose to be a minister but it turned out that he was a pedophile. He's dead now. He died a broken man, they say. He'd walk down the streets of Tacoma and scowl at people. Creepy.
Yes, that was Jeff Smith. Enjoyable show but terrible story!

He gets a slap for that awful aspect of his life ... and Alex gets another slap just because!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink