Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2009, 05:13 PM

8,685 posts, read 16,849,896 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsmeeyow View Post
Hmph! I'll have you know that I don't have an addiction. I can stop anytime I want to. I don't have to have cookbooks, they just relax me. I mean, it's not like I can't stop anytime I get ready to. I mean, hey, it's not like I am hurting anyone right??? RIGHT???? R I G H T ?????????????
Yup...anything you say...sure, mmmmhmmmmm....I am done now....as you were...not out of control...I didn't say that....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2009, 06:25 PM

2,189 posts, read 7,052,341 times
Default LOL you guys are rookies

I have maybe 12 on hand but I was at my moms house last week and she has a complete room full of books and book shelves.

She even has a personal catalog listing all of her books. We got to talking and I asked her how many books she has and she pulled out her catalog and turned to the last entry and she has just over 5600 books and growing.

Funny thing is, I told her that when she goes I wanted her collection and she laughed and said that my three sisters already beat me to them, lol.

busta

Old 11-02-2009, 06:34 PM

6,777 posts, read 13,552,263 times
I have to admit...I also have a storage locker w/ tons more cookbooks, but my locker has become so crammed w/ "stuff" (who knows where they are in there?) plus I didn't want the bookshelf ,which is in my kitchen to look crammed, so I only put some on there

There is a new one I want, read about it in the WSJ the other day, but forgot the name already. LOL. I think I saved the article somewhere

Old 11-02-2009, 06:35 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,998,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bustaduke View Post
I have maybe 12 on hand but I was at my moms house last week and she has a complete room full of books and book shelves.

She even has a personal catalog listing all of her books. We got to talking and I asked her how many books she has and she pulled out her catalog and turned to the last entry and she has just over 5600 books and growing.

Funny thing is, I told her that when she goes I wanted her collection and she laughed and said that my three sisters already beat me to them, lol.

busta
Oh honey........I have over 12k books in my house. I have an entire library stuffed full, there are floor to ceiling bookshelves in every room.
I am truly a junkie!

Old 11-02-2009, 06:39 PM

6,777 posts, read 13,552,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Oh honey........I have over 12k books in my house. I have an entire library stuffed full, there are floor to ceiling bookshelves in every room.
I am truly a junkie!

OMG!!!!!

Master! (bows down)

I feel better now

Old 11-02-2009, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post
OMG!!!!!

Master! (bows down)

I feel better now
LOL! I dont move very often........

Old 11-02-2009, 06:44 PM

Quote:
LOL! I dont move very often........
I am not wondering why....

Old 11-03-2009, 10:34 AM

2,189 posts, read 7,052,341 times
Quote:
I am truly a junkie!
As I walk away and hold my head down in shame, and I thought mom's collection was big.

busta

Old 11-03-2009, 05:07 PM

The problem is we have them, how often do we really lose them, do we know what is in them...how many do we use in a year, I know my answer...then the dust that maybe only I have building on them...I ask myself why do I do this...If I want something, I now go to the computer...but if no internet...could be trouble

Old 11-03-2009, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bustaduke View Post
As I walk away and hold my head down in shame, and I thought mom's collection was big.

busta
Busta, I have to tell you.....I inherited my parents collections, as well as their addiction to the written word.
They had about 5k books in their collections, I have greedily added to it! I simply CANNOT pass a used bookstore without going in.........we have a really good one in Micanopy, a small gem of a town about 20 miles away. The movie Doc hollywood was filmed there, I love that town!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink