U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Unread 11-22-2009, 07:54 AM

4,780 posts, read 3,902,487 times
Default Holiday Funny/Horror stories

some levity from me for a change! Lets hear some Holiday horror stories. I'll go first:

I inadvertently grabbed the breast milk when I was ordered to fetch the cream! (I blame it on the before dinner drinks) Almost died when my old Dad complained about the "Darn flavored cream" "Where's my half and half" I think my brother ratted me out as we haven't been asked to host T day since.... Hmmmm I think I came out ahead

Have a great, safe and sane Holiday!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 11-22-2009, 08:14 AM

9,442 posts, read 9,596,675 times
Didn't read that the turkey had bags in it when I cooked my first Thanksgiving dinner. Only took one bag out of the turkey. Found the other two bags once the turkey was cooked.

Unread 11-22-2009, 08:23 AM

28,227 posts, read 12,551,029 times
My aunt once served pheasant with the buckshot still in it.

Unread 11-23-2009, 12:26 PM

1,753 posts, read 2,171,381 times
My husband's stepmother called the grocery store raisin' Cain on Thanksgiving morning. Seems they'd cheated her and stolen two of her turkey's legs. It only had two in the package! :0)

Unread 11-23-2009, 09:40 PM

1,848 posts, read 2,807,849 times
My MIL is an amazing woman and I love her very much...that being said:

Last year I was finally able to help in the kitchen with my MIL, SIL and my MIL's mother.

I LOVE to cook and should have known better to try and get in on the action.

My MIL "let" me cook the fixins' that came with the Tofurkey Feast (she was only supposed to by the Tofurky and not the boxed "feast" but I did not have the heart...)

Anyway, the feast fixins' are boil in a bag/frozen then heat items! That is NOT cooking, haha.

So I defrosted the pre-made mushroom gravy and threw some cranberry/potato dumplings in boiling water. Whatever.

Tofurky

Unread 11-24-2009, 07:44 AM

1,123 posts, read 3,202,668 times
One year my brother in law turned off the oven early in the turkey cooking process - delayed dinner for hours.

Last year my father had emergency surgery the day before Thanksgiving. I normally cook the dinner for my husbands side of the family so everyone was scrambling to try to get the meal together. The turkey came out of the oven and my husband started to carve. He was saying 'There is no white meat!!!'. I looked at the bird, and my well meaning neice had cooked it upside down. All in all, it tasted fine, but was interesting to carve!

Unread 11-24-2009, 08:02 AM

7,307 posts, read 3,210,517 times
Christmas eve 1982 I was in 11th grade, I told my Mom I had to work, but instead I went to a keg party and got really smashed, I arrived home late like 12:30 to find the place dark and locked, and then it occurred to me, they're at midnight mass. So I walked the 1/2 mile to the church, stumbled up and down the Isle's until my brother dragged me into there pew, 10 seconds later, I started sprinting toward the back door, but i didn't make it. I threw up in Midnight Mass.

26 years later it still gets brought up every Christmas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink