Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2013, 01:42 PM

2,429 posts, read 4,021,495 times

Advertisements

Quote:
I love French food. Yes, it can be heavy, but the secret is smaller portions
I don't think GOOD french food is heavy. It may be RICH, but that's not the same thing.
I just ate at two of the best -- if not the best restaurants in the country -- Le Bernardin and Daniel -- in NYC. Perfection. Not heavy at all. Light. as a matter of fact.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2013, 02:00 PM

5,193 posts, read 5,761,684 times
I love eating out. The key is to have excellent company when doing so - nothing more stifling and unappetizing than sitting across from someone with nothing to talk about.

Old 10-26-2013, 07:53 PM

917 posts, read 2,005,034 times
Yes I do. I love food but eating out too often is bad for my pockets and my health.

Old 10-26-2013, 10:39 PM

2,198 posts, read 2,734,055 times
I don't really like eating out that much. The food is usually really disappointing and after paying $40-50 for food I could have easily cooked much better myself for $8, it makes me feel kind of sick to throw money away like that. Plus eating out takes up a ton of time, a lot more than cooking usually. Driving there and back, waiting to be sat, waiting for the food to come out, waiting for others to finish, waiting for the bill. Too much waiting for me, especially when I leave for work at 7 AM, get home at 6 PM, and still have to go to the gym. I'm a lot more comfortable and relaxed at home, plus I enjoy cooking.

I do like to eat at the Thai, Mexican, Middle Eastern, and Indian places once in a while though. Those foods require a lot of ingredients and time to prepare and involve a lot of dirty dishes. Plus the food is pretty cheap at those places. Some of local American places are good too. But I really hate eating at chains. I could go to Meijer and get some meatloaf from the deli, some rolls, and some frozen vegetables and in 5 minutes I would have a lot better meal than just about anything I would get from the average chain.

I do eat out a lot though because we go out to eat for lunch 5 days a week at work and the company pays for it. Half the time I wish I just brought a sandwich and some fruit to eat in my office though.

Old 10-27-2013, 04:14 AM

638 posts, read 993,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee22 View Post
Do you like to eat out?

ME: No.
YES!! I love,love,love to eat out and love to try new foods and restaurants.

Old 10-27-2013, 04:47 AM

317 posts, read 474,619 times
I love to eat out, but try to do so only in moderation. Restaurant food is so much richer and heavier than what I'm used to at home that I think it would be hard on my system if I ate out frequently. I try to avoid the chains; lucky for me, there's a good variety of great mom-and-pop places around here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink