Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2010, 04:14 PM

1,327 posts, read 3,678,441 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
Is your son alright after all that?

He is doing much better, but his knees will never be the same. Luckily it was a small car. He was 15 when it happened and is now 16 going on seventeen. The car swerved off the road (he was on the side behind the yellow line waiting for the car to pass) hit him missed his friend that was right next to him. He smashed into the windshield rolled off in the grass on the other side of the road. What pissed me off the most was the guy got out asked how he was going to pay for the windshield (a witness asked the driver how he was going to pay for the hospital bill) and the guy left.
He was in the hospital for three day and he did pretty well until his left knee went out on him. He did have surgery on the left leg. He is doing very well though. He and our family are very lucky.
He has always been a blessing to me. The one hing that makes me so proud is that he was worried about being late. He was suppose to be home by 10:00 and after being hit by the car he stood up and said "I have to get home" then collapsed and the witnesses helped him home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2010, 04:21 PM

1,327 posts, read 3,678,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
Where do you draw the line? Putting a driver on the road who has the potential to be drunk as evidenced by a DUI? My business insurance would cancel me if I hired a driver like that. Hiring someone who can injure others while representing me or acting on behalf of me and not making sure they do the drug stuff, not running a background check, and not following up when he shows up smelling of booze or a bit unsteady is completely irresponsible. And I know all the excuses like "I didn't know he was drinking" or "I wasn't going to fire someone just cause i smelled a little vodka on his breath,...its cold out there and he has kids" or "I can't find anyone who wants his job" can all be dealt with and worked around. Irresponsible management should be forced out of business by people refusing to patronize a business that puts the public at risk........

Anywhere else besides Crossville that I know of would give drivers sporadic **** test, but not here. It's all about who knows who. There is no reason this guy should have been on the road. The manager came to the emergency room that night, but I would not talk to her.

Old 01-09-2010, 04:35 PM

650 posts, read 1,327,870 times
Yes I've noticed this change for a few months now, its delicious, I actually eat the crust now (tastes a little like garlic bread).

We have Dominos on the way.

Old 01-09-2010, 09:24 PM

1,474 posts, read 2,918,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleLove08 View Post
I started to ask that question on here.

I haven't tried it.
I had Domino's on a trip to Florida some years back and loved it.
I got back home and hated it.

I had Pizza Hut tonight. Large meat lovers for $10.
I am glad to hear a review because I have not tried it either. I guess I will have to now!

I stopped going to Pizza Hut when they refused to do the pizza the way I wanted it. All I asked for was pepperoni on top so it can be crispy. I was told they don't do it that way. I told them that if they wouldn't I would cancel my order. They refused to budge and I cancelled it. You would think they would rather make it the way you want it rather than lose out on $$ but oh well.

Old 01-09-2010, 09:33 PM

16,393 posts, read 30,282,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn07 View Post
I made the best pizza last night with a pizza dough from Fresh n' Easy.
It's so good- tastes like an ordered pizza
What does that have to do with the topic at hand?

Old 01-09-2010, 10:06 PM

4,794 posts, read 12,376,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJagMan View Post
For you pizza lovers, if you want an occasional treat find a place (usually will be a local place) that uses fresh mozzarella. It's extremely difficult to shred, so it's usually sliced or cubed and will melt into a single mass. The cheese will never have grease if it's unprocessed cheese
I will try that if I can find one, although I am not sure I could find a pizza joint that does that. I have never seen that advertized by any local restaurants.

Dominoes will always have a special place in my memories from my college days. It got me through many an evening of studying (and goofing off). I will try the new recipe soon.

Old 01-09-2010, 10:22 PM

867 posts, read 2,140,068 times
it blew me away some of the best $15 I've ever spent (it was buy one large get one free to boot) so worth it

Old 01-09-2010, 11:38 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,677,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LABART View Post
He is doing much better, but his knees will never be the same. Luckily it was a small car. He was 15 when it happened and is now 16 going on seventeen. The car swerved off the road (he was on the side behind the yellow line waiting for the car to pass) hit him missed his friend that was right next to him. He smashed into the windshield rolled off in the grass on the other side of the road. What pissed me off the most was the guy got out asked how he was going to pay for the windshield (a witness asked the driver how he was going to pay for the hospital bill) and the guy left.
He was in the hospital for three day and he did pretty well until his left knee went out on him. He did have surgery on the left leg. He is doing very well though. He and our family are very lucky.
He has always been a blessing to me. The one hing that makes me so proud is that he was worried about being late. He was suppose to be home by 10:00 and after being hit by the car he stood up and said "I have to get home" then collapsed and the witnesses helped him home.
That's bad enough, but glad to hear it wasn't worse.

Old 01-23-2010, 03:56 PM

2,189 posts, read 7,701,834 times
Wanted to add, my friend's DD works at Dominos...She confirmed the crust is exactly the same with the exception of the breadstick garlic spread is brushed on the crust. More spices in the sauce, a different cheese and the a brushed on garlic spread was the only difference.

Old 01-23-2010, 06:53 PM

1,498 posts, read 3,465,283 times
Why bother ordering from a chain pizza joint ? Its all bad. We have 4 really good Mom and Pop type pizza places close by, sure they cost a little more, but the pizza is actually worth eating. And the previous post, validating that they changed very little just shows how Domino's pizza SUX.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink