U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 01-27-2010, 12:08 PM

20,222 posts, read 16,665,256 times

Advertisements

I just thought of something, its really not a 'question of the day' thing but just because. This occurred to me while I was making myself some breakfast earlier.

When you eat eggs, how do you like yours done?
I like either poached well or scrambled.
And do you eat the whole thing or just the yellow or the white?
I eat it all, and dont spare the salt!
Do you put tabasco or just plain?
Tabasco every time!
Do you prefer sweet cereals or just the plain?
I like it all, if I did plain, usually add some fruits. My favourite is Trix though.
Last of all, do you think eggs are just for breakfast?
No, Ive been known to make 'leftover omellettes' for dinner, where you add all the leftovers from the past few days, add a little butter, its been known to be a big hit with my kids, and no food waste!

Last edited by 2goldens; 01-28-2010 at 06:16 AM.. Reason: Moved from Other Topics
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2010, 01:09 PM

10,464 posts, read 7,363,655 times
scrambled only

whatever

that stuff stinks

sweets

I love breakfast for dinner

Old 01-27-2010, 01:20 PM

28,227 posts, read 13,654,119 times
Poached-soft, scrambled-very loose and soft.

Love both yolk and whites.

Tabasco on eggs-a perfect marriage.

Not a cereal lover.

Heck not just for breakfast-love them for lunch or dinner-especially omelets or pepper n eggs subs.

Question for you---bacon well done or medium? Toast-lightly toasted or burned? Potatoes-home fries or hash browns?

Old 01-27-2010, 01:53 PM
bjh

20,385 posts, read 12,142,647 times
For more foodie fun check out the Food Forum.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/food-drink/

Old 01-27-2010, 02:06 PM

131,622 posts, read 43,457,176 times
I like my eggs best hatched and grown into fryer size chickens.

Old 01-27-2010, 02:09 PM
bjh

20,385 posts, read 12,142,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadicus View Post
I like my eggs best hatched and grown into fryer size chickens.
with a side of slaw

Old 01-27-2010, 02:14 PM

7,895 posts, read 7,726,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 115db View Post
I just thought of something, its really not a 'question of the day' thing but just because. This occurred to me while I was making myself some breakfast earlier.

When you eat eggs, how do you like yours done? Hard-boiled (usually discard the yolk), scrambled, or over-easy (include the yolk).
II eat it all, and dont spare the salt! Gotta have salt. And pepper.
Do you put tabasco or just plain? No tabasco, though it sounds good. I should try it.
Do you prefer sweet cereals or just the plain? Sweet. Favorite is Frosted Flakes. Also, Honeynut Cheerios. I like plain, too, but pour more sugar on it than I should.
Last of all, do you think eggs are just for breakfast? No. Sometimes I eat eggs and potatoes for dinner. I do love egg salad and tuna mixed together. Try it sometime.
No, Ive been known to make 'leftover omellettes' for dinner, where you add all the leftovers from the past few days, add a little butter, its been known to be a big hit with my kids, and no food waste! Sounds good.
Well, that was a fun thread. Enjoyed it.

Old 01-27-2010, 02:20 PM
Gue

24,120 posts, read 5,790,313 times
Eggs Benedict!

Everything!

Plain!

Prefer sweet!
Last of all, do you think eggs are just for breakfast

No way!

Old 01-27-2010, 02:35 PM

15,993 posts, read 16,031,024 times
Oh yummy...food one of my favorite topics,lol.

I like mine over easy and if the yolk is too well done I hate them. I also like scrambled mixed with bacon, cheese and ketchup. I will also do hard boiled and soft boiled. I like ham and cheese omelets, deviled eggs, and egg salad.

All of it unless I am dieting then I do whites only

Do you put tabasco or just plain? Salt and pepper on all eggs add ketchup for scrambled and omelets.

Do you prefer sweet cereals or just the plain? Something sweet for snacking on like Capt. Crunch with Berries. For breakfast I like Bran flakes, fruit and honey.

When growing up my mother always bought more food than we could eat. On the weekend I made "refrigerator out omelets" Yum.

I love "Brinner"

Lacey-
I like my bacon done but chewy.

I like my toast well done and the butter not melted all the way.

I love home fries crispy with ketchup.

Jeez, now you all made me hungry.

Old 01-27-2010, 02:50 PM

42,938 posts, read 19,861,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 115db View Post

I like either poached well or scrambled.
Eggs are out of season right now, so I might get arrested if I poached one... Scrabled eggs... is that when you drop an egg on the kitchen floor and it gets scrambled everywhere?

Seriously, I like scrambled eggs, and hard-boiled, but I don't eat them everyday, maybe 3 times a week. I knew somebody in college, who was an athlete, he drank raw eggs, mixed with milk and some protein powder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 115db
Tabasco every time!
Hmmm... I never ate eggs with tobacco, but I'll try it sometime... - Oh Tobasco! Sorry.. Yes, I like Tobasco.

Quote:
I like it all, if I did plain, usually add some fruits. My favourite is Trix though.
If you want fruits in plain cereal.. isn't that why they have a cereal called Fruit Loops? - Actually, I eat plain cereal, can't eat the sugary stuff.

Quote:
Hmmm.... Just for breakfast? And I always thought they're used to egg somebody's car... - I'm just kidding. I don't ever remember eating eggs for meals other than breakfast.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink