Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2010, 07:05 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,846,025 times

Advertisements

Have you tried it? If so do you like it or not

I love it. There is a spicy kick to the sauce and the crust is great also

My husband use to hate their pizza now he doesnt want anyone elses

Just wondering
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2010, 08:15 PM

8,998 posts, read 14,787,921 times
I started to ask that question on here.

I haven't tried it.
I had Domino's on a trip to Florida some years back and loved it.
I got back home and hated it.

I had Pizza Hut tonight. Large meat lovers for $10.

Old 01-08-2010, 08:30 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,701,121 times
Our local Domino's always undercooks their pizzas. In Colorado, we loved Papa John's, but they are no good here. For cheap pizza, I'd rather pick up a couple of DiGiornio's or make them myself. I don't make my own crust (I am a dunce with dough), but I can pick up some pizza shells and ingredients for a few dollars.

If we're going to have takeout pizza, we'll splurge on a deep dish from Giordano's. Foodgasm.

Old 01-08-2010, 08:32 AM

2,482 posts, read 8,733,071 times
Domino's new pizza is AWESOME. The reason they did a complete overhaul of their pizza is because in a national taste contest, they ranked second to last----to Chucky's Cheese.

But the new one has a great garlic and parm crust, wonderful sauce, and MUCH MUCH better cheese! A great deal!

Old 01-08-2010, 08:38 AM

3,169 posts, read 5,164,518 times
Actutally, I think Chuck's pizza is better than the old Domino's pizza. It was terrible and just really didn't taste like pizza. I haven't tried the new pizza yet. I read where some people didn't like it when compared to their old pizza.

When I am in the mood for pizza, I tend to make it or order from Jack's Pizza and Hamburger or Quonset.

Old 01-08-2010, 08:47 AM

2,637 posts, read 12,632,650 times
I tried it and was unimpressed. The garlic stuff on the crust was way too salty and it made my fingers greasy. I would rather have a good pizza crust, properly fermented so that it has flavor, than have unfermented crust covered in garlic to make up for the lack of flavor.

Old 01-08-2010, 11:57 AM

3,223 posts, read 9,630,573 times
It's definitely better and I'm the kind of guy that likes to eat crust, so that makes it worth buying...

There is also that provolone which is a cheese I typically think stinks, but it goes well on their pizza.

Sauce is nice and tangy. Doe is ok for a pizza chain.

Choose ur toppings carefully, it makes all the difference.

Old 01-08-2010, 12:25 PM

2,189 posts, read 7,701,834 times
I've heard hearsay that all they really did was add spices to the sauce, changed the cheese which is hardly noticeable and brush their garlic bread stick mixture on the crust. All the delivery changes use inferior processed cheese.

For you pizza lovers, if you want an occasional treat find a place (usually will be a local place) that uses fresh mozzarella. It's extremely difficult to shred, so it's usually sliced or cubed and will melt into a single mass. The cheese will never have grease if it's unprocessed cheese

Old 01-08-2010, 12:31 PM

2,482 posts, read 8,733,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJagMan View Post
I've heard hearsay that all they really did was add spices to the sauce, changed the cheese which is hardly noticeable and brush their garlic bread stick mixture on the crust. All the delivery changes use inferior processed cheese.
Hmm, I think the crust is puffier and softer than before too.

Old 01-08-2010, 12:42 PM

2,189 posts, read 7,701,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmerkyGrl View Post
Hmm, I think the crust is puffier and softer than before too.
Not my article, but enjoy:
Domino's New Pizza Recipe: What Does It Taste Like? | Slice Pizza Blog

I didn't notice a difference, but it's hard to unless you have a side by side comparison. I'm not saying it isn't different, just I don't think it's different. Different dough handlers and the amount of time the dough proofed has a lot to do with have puffy and how soft.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink