Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2012, 09:39 AM

24,392 posts, read 23,044,056 times

Advertisements

I can almost never finish a large drink with a meal, even if I take it with me to go. If somebody can guzzle down more than two, they're a pachyderm.
As long as they don't skimp on the ketchup, thats okay.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2012, 10:10 AM

3,010 posts, read 6,304,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftyTrav View Post
Anyone who eats at that ****hole has no respect for themselves.
It depends on where and if it's clean. I usually only eat at one or two near our home, as they are immaculate. A dirty restaurant, no matter where you go is a great indicator of how the food is handled. Believe me..there are worse things and places to eat at than McDs.

Old 04-27-2012, 07:54 PM

1,948 posts, read 6,460,054 times
the big macs are tiny

and the quarter pounders got smaller

and dont tell me they are doing me a favor, they raise the prices and give smaller portions, then your getting less than what you pay for , no more business from me

cant even make a decent burger, the patties are paper thin and smaller than the bun

Old 04-27-2012, 08:23 PM

6,987 posts, read 21,920,292 times
I understand the thread is about McDonalds but recall another fast food place where after giving my order saw a girl wipe the malt mixer with a sponge after making a malt and used the same sponge to wipe the counter in front of the mixer. Would wonder why I had the stomach/runs when eating their food...that was the LAST time I went there.

Old 04-28-2012, 09:49 AM

7,974 posts, read 7,346,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missik999 View Post
They tested restaurant all over the city and only four had E Coli in their ice bins.

E Coli can be a serious problem, especially for children, the elderly and those with chronic diseases. My friend's son because very sick from E Coli when he was two. He was hospitalized for weeks and nearly died. He is seven now and has kidney damage that puts him at risk of heath problems for life.

So I regularly read health department reports and pay attention to restaurants that have had violations.
You can definitely get food poisoning from ice.

It wasn't E Coli, but I (and my daughter and co-workers) got what I am sure was food poisoning, and I'm sure it was from the ice at a company Christmas Party. The party was on a Saturday night, and late Monday afternoon at work, we all started to not feel well - nausea, diarrhea, gurgling stomachs...It took me 20 minutes to drive home, and I made it to the downstairs bathroom. My oldest daughter was in the upstairs bathroom being ill. We were very sick for two days (as was 75 percent of the office staff who had been at the party) but didn't make a connection until we were all back at work and could compare notes...we had thought it was the stomach "bug", but it was far worse than that. I couldn't eat normally for two weeks.

We speculated it was the mayo based salads - it couldn't have been that, because my daughter didn't eat the salads (she hates mayo) or the turkey (she is a vegan and didn't eat that either). DH ate some of everything and he was not ill. My daughter and I drank pop with ice - the pop was served in cans and the ice was in an ice chest that you had to scoop out with a cup. DH does not like ice in his pop. The coworker I was sitting with, and her husband, did not become ill. They drank beer and alcoholic beverages from the bar and did not have any of the ice. I guess we'll never know for sure.

Old 04-28-2012, 08:23 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,556,021 times
One thing that got my attention new at McDonalds was the double fish. . Adds protein and cuts carbs.

Old 04-28-2012, 08:26 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,543,435 times
Except that their fish-like patties are breaded...there's your carbs, right there!

Old 04-29-2012, 07:54 AM

4,468 posts, read 7,999,911 times
Don't go there anymore.
I think Burger King is better and for a few cents more you get a nice fresh burger.
HW and they have onion rings.

Old 03-30-2014, 07:42 AM

1,374 posts, read 1,774,439 times
Default Stingy With Condiments

I've noticed this for a couple of years now.

I read in NY McDonald's was charging for ketchup!

Even in my area you better ask or your not getting any. Also hot sauce portions are shrinking. .

What's next?

Old 03-30-2014, 07:44 AM

1,374 posts, read 1,774,439 times
I forgot Dominoes no longer has parmigiano and red peppers. .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink