U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2007, 06:07 PM

5,933 posts, read 14,941,926 times

Advertisements

Recently I tried two new (at least, new to me) types of cookies: Heath Bar cookies, and Strawberry Oreos. The Heath Bar cookies were delicious...the strawberry oreos were amazing. I would recommend both, but especially the strawberry oreos.

Anyone try anything new lately?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2007, 07:09 PM

13,905 posts, read 1,968,932 times
I was recently visiting Tennessee and had the opportunity to try fried catfish for the first time. I loved it and have since learned to make it at home.

Old 05-30-2007, 08:23 PM

8,862 posts, read 8,900,671 times
Default Strawberry Newtons?

Quote:
Originally Posted by christina0001 View Post
Recently I tried two new (at least, new to me) types of cookies: Heath Bar cookies, and Strawberry Oreos. The Heath Bar cookies were delicious...the strawberry oreos were amazing. I would recommend both, but especially the strawberry oreos.

Anyone try anything new lately?
I think I tried them last summer--good but when I eat a 'Newton'--I want the figgy taste.

I have been trying new soft drinks--Mango--several new mango flavors. Enjoy them.

I also enjoy the black cherry taste and have tried Publix Diet Black Cherry soft drink--very good.

Old 05-30-2007, 10:30 PM

14,468 posts, read 15,974,148 times
Fried okra. I dont really like alot of fried things- but it is good.

sunny

Old 05-31-2007, 09:41 AM

1,176 posts, read 1,197,155 times
I tried those Heath Bar Cookies but I didn't care much for them....now the strawberry and also the mint Oreos sure were good.

I made some peach jello for the first time and it really was rather tasty ... I also put some sliced peaches in it.

Old 05-31-2007, 04:38 PM

5,933 posts, read 14,941,926 times
Peach jello with peaches...my husband loves peaches, I will have to make that for him.
He also recently tried black cherry vanilla coke and really likes it. I hate cola.

Old 05-31-2007, 07:38 PM

Default Publix

Quote:
Originally Posted by christina0001 View Post
Peach jello with peaches...my husband loves peaches, I will have to make that for him.
He also recently tried black cherry vanilla coke and really likes it. I hate cola.
Diet Black Cherry is not a cola, FWIW.

Publix has a good selection of diet soft drinks that suit my taste. Generally I drink herbal teas--vanilla tea is nice and chamomile or peppermint.

LOL--I notice the soft drink manufacturers are offering tea now. There is just no way that I will pay $2 more or less for tea.

There is a farmers market nearby that carries loose tea --refreshing and economical.

Old 06-01-2007, 03:41 PM

955 posts, read 2,441,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhs119 View Post
Diet Black Cherry is not a cola, FWIW.
huh? what is it then - I consider any dark soda a cola - including coke / pepsi / dr. pepper and all subsets of their flavors

Old 06-01-2007, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BusySocialWorker View Post
huh? what is it then - I consider any dark soda a cola - including coke / pepsi / dr. pepper and all subsets of their flavors

It is 'artificially flavored black cherry'---soda. sweetened with splenda.

Similar to orange soda. That is the best explanation I can provide.

They also have mango and raspberry and a couple of others. I don't consider them 'cola'.

sls

Old 06-02-2007, 07:16 AM

1,176 posts, read 1,197,155 times
Last night I tried something new. I am not supposed to eat bacon, but every once in a while I cheat.

I found some frozen, individually packaged chicken breasts wrapped in bacon. Hmmmmmmm....I thought those sounded good. I took them home and put them on the George Foreman grill in order to get as much gease out as I could....and, they were like mana from heaven.

Just thought I would pass this on as I sit here wishing I had bought about 2 dozen of them. LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink