U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2010, 07:36 AM
Status: "I'll be with you forever, my dear little Kiwi." (set 11 days ago)

Location: Going back to the forest to be with nature's goodness.
14,588 posts, read 6,447,101 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
2.79$ is a little too much for something like that maybe its worth.50$ to 1.00 but not anything more. The shrimp are probably vacuum dried and then moisten sightly.
What a bizarre opinion, in my opinion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2010, 06:54 AM

10,481 posts, read 14,872,973 times
I kept seeing them advertised so I picked one up on my way to work tonight. It was horrible. I ate half of it before throwing it away. Yuck, never again.

Old 03-25-2010, 11:43 AM

4,042 posts, read 8,624,940 times
We eat at Taco Bell every two or three years, but only in an emergency situation like being lost in traffic in a strange city and itís right there with an easy exit to get to.
That was the case yesterday when we pulled into a Taco Bell in Olympia, WA.

I got a Bean Burrito and a Shrimp Taco.
My wife got a Bean Buritto.
We each got a free Pepsi as a Senior Discount.

A bunch of Hot Sauce packets made everything almost edible and we didnít get sick.

The Pepsi was good.
We got refills to take with us.
It went great with our bag of Sesame Sticks from Trader Joeís as we drove the hour and a half back home.

Old 03-25-2010, 11:50 AM
Status: "I'll be with you forever, my dear little Kiwi." (set 11 days ago)

Location: Going back to the forest to be with nature's goodness.
14,588 posts, read 6,447,101 times
I wouldn't order the shrimp taco - ever -because I love the crunchy beef tacos too much. I usually get about 8 or 10 cruchy beef tacos with 4 side orders of the shredded cheese and 4 side orders of tomatoes, plus a medium drink of Baja Blast (a Mountain Dew drink that is blue and delicious - sold only at Taco Bell.) I love Taco Bell.

Old 03-25-2010, 12:01 PM

12,503 posts, read 12,732,028 times
LMAO!!! This is HILARIOUS!!! My husband came home for lunch today -- and picked up food on his way. A chicken burrito and a shrimp taco (AGAIN!!!) for each of us.

There was WAY too much mayo on the shrimp taco -- and that's hard for me to say because I love me some mayo. Honestly, this HAS to be the last time I eat one of them.

I was curious, my curiosity was sated (not once but twice), and I'm closing the door on this shrimp taco adventure. I'll hold out until our next trip to Florida when I can have my beloved shrimp burrito at Zona Fresca in Fort Lauderdale.

Last edited by DawnMTL; 03-25-2010 at 12:22 PM..

Old 03-25-2010, 12:06 PM

3,753 posts, read 5,114,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miamiman View Post
For those in CA, NV, AZ, CO, and UT there's always Rubio's. The have FRESH shrimp tacos.
I had one the other day. FREAKING AMAZING.

I love that place. Too much.

Old 03-26-2010, 12:44 AM

8,677 posts, read 10,008,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAtheBanker View Post
I had one the other day. FREAKING AMAZING.

I love that place. Too much.
Okay, convinced...we have one down here...I am going tomorrow, it is by the bank which I have to do....

Old 03-26-2010, 01:49 AM

5,045 posts, read 8,464,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miamiman View Post
For those in CA, NV, AZ, CO, and UT there's always Rubio's. The have FRESH shrimp tacos.
Rubio's is ok if you don't have a real fish taco place near you. I'm actually shocked they are still in business here! In San Diego, there is a place on every corner it seems that sells fresh, real fish tacos without the prepackaged factor. Rubio's is not very endorsed by the locals, given the places we have! If anyone is traveling to San Diego and wants some recs for the best shrimp tacos you'll ever have, I'll be more than happy to suggest a few!

And that picture of the taco above? It looks the same as it would on the way out....

Old 03-26-2010, 06:13 AM

12,503 posts, read 12,732,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAK802 View Post
And that picture of the taco above? It looks the same as it would on the way out....
M -- Actually, that photo looks *good* compared to what it *really* looks like.

Old 03-26-2010, 11:30 AM

5,045 posts, read 8,464,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DandJ View Post
M -- Actually, that photo looks *good* compared to what it *really* looks like.
Funny, the photo above looks terrible and I can't imagine anyone running to get one with that kind of marketing!

That said, the photo on TB's website looks awesome and I can see why people would want to try it. That said, I think the above photo is more representative of what you actually get!

http://www.tacobell.com/cms/preview/Site2Files/file168/pdp_shrimptacos.jpg (broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink