Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2010, 04:57 PM

26,206 posts, read 49,012,208 times

Advertisements

TGI Friday's adopted a recipe from a Food Network contest and it's awesome. That's the Gourmet Mac N Five Cheese (with a chicken breast on top) found in the back of their menu in the Right Portion - Right Price section. IIRC, it's only $6.99 or $7.99 and it's a meal.

The food and service at the one here on the far north end of COLO SPGS has always been excellent, with a waiting period on Friday and Saturday dinner times. Join their "Stripes" club and get free apps and a birthday bonus.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Last edited by Mike from back east; 04-04-2010 at 05:08 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2010, 05:33 PM

16,393 posts, read 30,261,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
TGI Friday's adopted a recipe from a Food Network contest and it's awesome. That's the Gourmet Mac N Five Cheese (with a chicken breast on top) found in the back of their menu in the Right Portion - Right Price section. IIRC, it's only $6.99 or $7.99 and it's a meal.
Forget the chicken breast which added nothing to the dish, the Gourmet Mac N Five Cheese was one of the better dishes at TGI Friday. It was not enough to keep me coming back but it was good.

I am not real keen on all these "chef developed" dishes. Just because the recipe is developed by the Corporate chef does not mean that the guy in the back of the house can turn out an excellent produce.

Old 04-05-2010, 01:25 PM

6,777 posts, read 13,547,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
I went to one last year and loved the salad I had...it had cranberrries and pecans and chicken in it. It was a very cozy atmophere and I had no complaints. I suppose it just depends upon the managment.
That is the best thing on their menu. Then I saw it featured on some TV show of what not to eat when your at restaurants. It's LOADED with fat and calories.

Oh and I asked my servers that used to work at TGIF about the stuff being frozen and they confirmed that a lot of it is. It did NOT used to be like that!

Old 04-05-2010, 04:00 PM

5,026 posts, read 15,284,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post

Oh and I asked my servers that used to work at TGIF about the stuff being frozen and they confirmed that a lot of it is. It did NOT used to be like that!
It's a shame, isn't it? Having it frozen cuts down on the number of kitchen staff they need. They just need people back there to re-heat the stuff. It's all prepared in some factory and shipped in, already cooked. I'm assuming their frozen stuff at the supermarket tastes identical, but I've never tried it so I wouldn't know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink