Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2010, 02:13 PM

1,963 posts, read 4,969,659 times

Advertisements

Walmart is suppose to be slashing their prices. Has anyone noticed a difference in their prices? How long do you think the low prices will last?

Old 04-03-2010, 03:39 PM

2,479 posts, read 3,227,284 times
What low prices?
No ham available in my New Mexico city at Walmart for $0.99 a pound.
We spent $108.00 at Bullock's Grocery today, and another $80.00 at a dollar store.
Walmart, UNBEATABLE? I doubt that. I hope Walmart dies here.

Old 04-03-2010, 04:48 PM

2,002 posts, read 4,572,137 times
The only thing I've noticed is less amount of products available. For example, our light marmalade is not there anymore; same with several flavours of jam. Other brands of different products like kitchen bags, etc. have disappeared too.

Other things have gone up. For example, sausages and chorizos, baking products, etc.

Old 04-03-2010, 04:53 PM

1,142 posts, read 2,807,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DFWgal View Post
The only thing I've noticed is less amount of products available. For example, our light marmalade is not there anymore; same with several flavours of jam. Other brands of different products like kitchen bags, etc. have disappeared too.

Other things have gone up. For example, sausages and chorizos, baking products, etc.

I've noticed the same thing. When I shop there, they will be out of items for weeks. And some of my favorite brands are gone. I thought it was just our Walmart.

My husband went with our daughter today to get a variety of things we needed (like shades, camisoles, and pencil boxes for school), and came back with nothing. He said that Walmart didn't have any of the items on the list.

What the heck is going on with them?

Old 04-03-2010, 04:59 PM

2,002 posts, read 4,572,137 times
I usually go for certain products there, because sometimes the rest of the supermarkets are a lot more expensive. At the beginning it took weeks for them to restock but now certain things simply disappeared.

I've driven like an hour trying different Walmarts just to prove if it was just our supermarket, but all of them have the same problem.

Old 04-03-2010, 05:45 PM

Same here. I have an older model MrCoffee 4 cup, and my Walmart was out of coffee filters for at least 3 months, I told several people and managers there, but still, it was about just over 3 months to get them in. We also buy ocean spray diet cran-grape, and that's been out of stock for weeks now. Kraft singles, hasn't had a price sticker on the spot for over 4 months now....I've told managers and after the visit today and buying some, they're $2.98 a pkg., but still no price sticker.
I'm shopping more and more at my local grocer, Walmart isn't winning me over with their so called, "UNBEATABLE" bs. Sure wished we had an Aldi or a Sun Foods here. BTW, this new walmart put IGA out of business.

What's even more idiotic is that they train employees to ask "did you find everything you were looking for today"?
I replied no, and asked, are you going to make a note of it and have it in stock when I come back next week?
A puzzled look came across the Walmart employee's face. I mean, why do they train employees to ask such stupid questions? You know they do not have an answer, and neither do the store managers.

Last edited by Hombre57; 04-03-2010 at 05:55 PM..

Old 04-03-2010, 06:07 PM

1,963 posts, read 4,969,659 times
I`ve been noticing that things are out of stock there a lot to. Also, some of the things that I use to buy, they no longer have. One week they`ll have a certain item and then they don`t have it anymore.

Old 04-03-2010, 06:25 PM

213 posts, read 767,736 times
I have been noticing also, I just thought perhaps I had shopped on a day right before new stock came in, but now seeing this thread, I'm really wondering. As much as I would prefer not to shop there, the price difference between WM and the local grocery store is huge, even on sale at the grocery, even with a coupon, WM is generally less expensive. I'm not talking 50 cents either, it will be like $2 difference Being out of work, I just can't afford to do the majority of my shopping at the grocery store.

Old 04-03-2010, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyhnd View Post
I have been noticing also, I just thought perhaps I had shopped on a day right before new stock came in, but now seeing this thread, I'm really wondering. As much as I would prefer not to shop there, the price difference between WM and the local grocery store is huge, even on sale at the grocery, even with a coupon, WM is generally less expensive. I'm not talking 50 cents either, it will be like $2 difference Being out of work, I just can't afford to do the majority of my shopping at the grocery store.
Comparing prices today, Velveeta block $5.35 at Walmart, my local Bullock's grocer $4.39, I saved a buck by shopping at mom & pop's.

Old 04-03-2010, 07:33 PM

1,945 posts, read 7,350,413 times
Yeah, same here in Ga. The Sam's Club 20 ounce bottled water, and lots of other things they used to have are no longer in. It's going on about 6 months now. The prices are definitely higher.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink