U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2010, 05:31 PM
Status: "Books on my mind (and on my sofa, tables, etc.)" (set 2 hours ago)

9,741 posts, read 13,253,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
I have never heated leftover pizza as I love it cold or room temp the next day.

Some things do taste much better day 2-lasagne, ziti's, stuffed cabbage,beef stew.

I remember as a kid my mother reheating leg of lamb the next day-it was repulsive.

I am the same way with roast turkey or chicken reheated in the microwave - blech! I'd rather eat it cold.

But popping leftover pizza in the oven on a cookie sheet or right on the rack - 350 degrees for about 12 minutes - works fine for me!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2010, 10:37 PM

11,001 posts, read 6,843,921 times
I do reheat pizza, and everything else for that matter, in the microwave. I don't really get the percentages, I just stick it in there for about 45 seconds and walla~!

Old 05-20-2010, 10:07 AM

12,828 posts, read 10,017,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
It all depends...stuffed cabbage/peppers, lasagna, and a number of other dishes (usually casserole-style ones) taste better the next day to me.
I've always maintained that things like lasagna and chili are better the next day.

Old 05-20-2010, 11:51 AM

11,001 posts, read 6,843,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
I do reheat pizza, and everything else for that matter, in the microwave. I don't really get the percentages, I just stick it in there for about 45 seconds and walla~!
For whoever repped me to say that it's not walla, but instead should be voila, I already knew that, thanks. I took French in high school long ago,and its one of the first things they teach you along with bonjour,and oui...lmao. But many people don't speak french on the forum, so its okay to say walla.

Old 05-20-2010, 05:39 PM

897 posts, read 836,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
Some things are hard to reheat.

For a slice of pizza, I get a cast iron frying pan hot, put in a rack (which I made myself out of a coat hanger), put the slice on the rack, and cover it for a few minutes, either off the burner or on low.

For rice, I am almost always also reheating something that I will top the rice with, so I bring that to a boil in the saucepan, then put the leftover rice on top of that, and cover it, leaving it off the burner or on low. The rice will heat through pretty quickly, and remain (mostly) separate from the sauce.

I just rehead pizza in the microwave,tastes good to me!

Old 05-20-2010, 10:23 PM

3,796 posts, read 5,284,554 times
I got a great idea for reheating rice from women's day or something like that. Put it in a microwave friendly container. wet a paper towel, but don't squeeze it dry. put it over the rice, then put some plastic wrap over that. the moisture from the towel keeps the rice moist (instead of it losing it's moisture in the microwave) and it heats nicely.

Old 05-21-2010, 07:51 AM

3,211 posts, read 7,464,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoleJ View Post
I got a great idea for reheating rice from women's day or something like that. Put it in a microwave friendly container. wet a paper towel, but don't squeeze it dry. put it over the rice, then put some plastic wrap over that. the moisture from the towel keeps the rice moist (instead of it losing it's moisture in the microwave) and it heats nicely.
I also use that to steam frozen vegetables. Works really well with pretty much anything that gets dried out in the microwave. I actually got the idea from a package of frozen gyoza that used the same method.

Old 06-01-2010, 01:46 AM

1,619 posts, read 1,127,198 times
rice---in microwave. Add water to it so it will steam as it re-heats. Water will be absorbed an poof up the rice again.

pizza- 3 minutes or so under broiler, add salt when it comes out. I like it a little burnt and crunchy

Old 06-02-2010, 01:35 PM

33,799 posts, read 6,349,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidrah View Post
rice---in microwave. Add water to it so it will steam as it re-heats. Water will be absorbed an poof up the rice again.

pizza- 3 minutes or so under broiler, add salt when it comes out. I like it a little burnt and crunchy
I like pizza crust a little burnt and crunchy, too!

Old 06-02-2010, 05:47 PM

98,109 posts, read 24,602,648 times
I'm really not very good about leftovers..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink