Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2014, 07:35 PM

1,765 posts, read 2,196,135 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by U.S. Property View Post
I can't believe all the people who like anchovies but won't eat frog legs or rattlesnake.

That's like turning down Alaskan king snow crab legs for a hamburger.
I love frog legs too! Also love gator, I've never tried rattlesnake probably would like it too. I love, love squid and octopus as well!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2014, 07:56 PM

532 posts, read 550,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiluha View Post
I love frog legs too! Also love gator, I've never tried rattlesnake probably would like it too. I love, love squid and octopus as well!!!!!
I also like gator and calamari.

Old 04-16-2014, 08:35 PM

12,441 posts, read 14,863,170 times
Quote:
I can't believe all the people who like anchovies but won't eat frog legs or rattlesnake...
It's like all those people who will fly in airplanes but won't go skydiving - it boggles the mind.

Old 04-17-2014, 12:31 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,104,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaceAndLove42 View Post
I will order them on my pizza now and then and really enjoy eating them. I know I'm in the minority but does anyone else?

Only on a caesar salad.

Old 04-17-2014, 02:30 PM
bg7

7,694 posts, read 10,554,464 times
Quote:
I can't believe all the people who like anchovies but won't eat frog legs or rattlesnake.

That's like turning down Alaskan king snow crab legs for a hamburger.
Come on, frogs' legs aren't eaten because they just aren't worth it. They don't taste bad. - but they just don't taste that good that's its worth going through a pile of them to get a spoonful of meat. Can't comment on rattlers or other varmints since I ain't had the opportunity.

Old 04-17-2014, 05:34 PM

532 posts, read 550,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bg7 View Post
Come on, frogs' legs aren't eaten because they just aren't worth it. They don't taste bad. - but they just don't taste that good that's its worth going through a pile of them to get a spoonful of meat. Can't comment on rattlers or other varmints since I ain't had the opportunity.
In the summer around here it's fried catfish, fried bluegill (brim), walleye, crappie, trout, fried frog legs and lots of charcoal grilled steaks and BBQ.

We have Italian restaurants that offer anchovies if you want them in a salad or on a pizza. I can say I at least tried them many times from different sources before calling it quits. I suppose it's a "fisherman" thang! Don't like salmon patties with all the bones in either. It's like eating cat food to someone who can fillet and completely bone-out a fish with no traces whatsoever.

Old 04-17-2014, 09:54 PM

12,441 posts, read 14,863,170 times
Quote:
In the summer around here it's fried catfish, fried bluegill (brim), walleye, crappie, trout, fried frog legs and lots of charcoal grilled steaks and BBQ...
There are few things better than fried frog legs, fried crappie, or fried bream . I love frog legs - can't get enough of them. Around here we have big fat Alabama Bullfrogs (American Bullfrog) that sit around asking for a "jug-o-rum" all night. I think fried frog legs are tender, sweet, and certainly don't taste like chicken - they taste much better.

Old 04-18-2014, 06:55 AM

13,250 posts, read 42,766,126 times
Anchovies on crostini - sounds delish.

I'm an "out of the can" gal, and I prefer the rolled ones with capers (because anchovies just aren't salty enough by themselves, right?)

I'm not too into anchovies in hot foods such as pizza or the olive oil-based pasta sauce. I mean I love the taste, but I can't eat too much of it or my mouth starts protesting.

I do really love anchovies added to the ceasar salad (yes I know ceasar dressing is made with anchovies).

One heated food I -do- like with them: a big fat stuffed italian sub with mortadella, genoa, ham, pepperoncini, hot pepper relish, topped with provolone and broiled til the cheese melts, then stuffed with lettuce, tomato, black olives, and then a single line of anchovies from one end to the other so you get just a *taste* of anchovy in every bite.

Old 04-19-2014, 11:13 AM

963 posts, read 2,301,437 times
I wish I had access to fresh anchovies like they do in the many parts of Europe. The high sodium content of canned anchovies makes them unhealthy for anyone watching salt intake. That salty taste is addictive.

Old 04-19-2014, 06:25 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,317,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Grinder View Post
There are few things better than fried frog legs, fried crappie, or fried bream . I love frog legs - can't get enough of them. Around here we have big fat Alabama Bullfrogs (American Bullfrog) that sit around asking for a "jug-o-rum" all night. I think fried frog legs are tender, sweet, and certainly don't taste like chicken - they taste much better.
What do you do with the rest of the frog?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink