Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2010, 09:09 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,645,617 times

Advertisements

I do a week's worth of grocery shopping on Saturdays, so if there are no leftovers in the fridge, it's empty in there (except for the shelf of condiments). My husband opens the door and stares sadly into the barren wasteland. I half expect a tumbleweed to roll through.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2010, 09:17 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,459,909 times
Not only have I thrown out cheap Gladware with contents I couldn't bear to deal with, I've thrown out far more costly receptacles. In fact, I currently have a stockpot that I'm ignoring, because I know I'm not going to clean it out without vomiting, and I can't bear to just trash a nice stockpot, either. I suppose I should just get a gasmask and the hose and suck it up and deal.

I'm a moldy food wussie.

Old 06-04-2010, 09:19 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,645,617 times
Maybe if you leave it alone for long enough, the mold will consume itself and leave the inside sparkling clean!

Edited: Ooh! You could go to one of those drive-thru car washes, put your pot inside, and run back out.

Last edited by JustJulia; 06-04-2010 at 09:59 AM..

Old 06-04-2010, 09:20 AM

17,330 posts, read 32,973,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
I do a week's worth of grocery shopping on Saturdays, so if there are no leftovers in the fridge, it's empty in there (except for the shelf of condiments). My husband opens the door and stares sadly into the barren wasteland. I half expect a tumbleweed to roll through.
This is good!

When I was single and living in Montreal, I lived right near downtown, with plenty of bakeries/butchers/ready-made food stores/grocery stores nearby. I'd shop for the next day or two. I'd get what I was in the mood for, and worry about the following meals as they got near.

Now I'm married and living in Connecticut, and although there are grocery stores nearby, they're "big-box" stores that are busy. My husband hates going more than required and so do I.

Also -- and this is where it gets murky -- he likes choices. According to him, we should buy a TON of stuff so that we can choose what we want at that time. Well, that's kind of how I did it in Montreal, but only for the next couple of meals -- NOT FOR A LIFETIME!

And to that end... we bought an additional freezer a couple of months ago. It's in the garage. And it's full.

You want choices, buddy?? You GOT choices! Just leave me out of it!

(Now I have a fridge, freezer, and ANOTHER freezer full of stuff. Now MORE stuff can go bad or get freezer burned. YAY?)

Old 06-04-2010, 09:58 AM

4,897 posts, read 18,472,588 times
too funny ^^^^^^

Old 06-04-2010, 10:30 AM

4,339 posts, read 3,550,685 times
Ketchup.......................that expired in October of 2008!

LOL

(Don't worry, it's been thrown out.)

Old 06-04-2010, 11:09 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,418,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Not only have I thrown out cheap Gladware with contents I couldn't bear to deal with, I've thrown out far more costly receptacles. In fact, I currently have a stockpot that I'm ignoring, because I know I'm not going to clean it out without vomiting, and I can't bear to just trash a nice stockpot, either. I suppose I should just get a gasmask and the hose and suck it up and deal.

I'm a moldy food wussie.
Got kids around? Depending on their age, tell them you'd be willing to pay for them to empty the contents and leave it soaking full of sudsy water.

.....not that I've ever done that....

Old 06-04-2010, 11:34 AM

7,525 posts, read 16,959,062 times
First of all, what are you doing in my fridge?

Secondly, if you do see something you don't like or understand keep it to yourself.

Old 06-04-2010, 12:00 PM

173 posts, read 390,285 times
there's an empty tub of margarine... and a bag of potatoes that are wrinkly. I don't remember buying the potatoes.... I wonder how old they are..

Old 06-04-2010, 12:08 PM

6,612 posts, read 12,827,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by satx56 View Post
You tell me!!

LOL, you're a brave soul (how do you find anything in there?) and I thought mine was bad.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink