U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Ford and Lincoln
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2010, 04:58 PM

3,511 posts, read 4,193,685 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
No, no, no...

See, a good old 350 with a set of Flowmasters sounds like music. A Harley with a straightpipe is just loud.

I remember one particularly awful night back in LA where there was some d-bag on his custom chopper who went around the block like six or seven times looking for an address and would rev the damn thing constantly. Maybe he was looking to **** someone off? In any case, the cops got him for causing a public disturbance - they were ticketing him and impounding his bike right in front of my apartment. I don't normally like seeing people get their ride impounded by the LAPD, but this dude deserved it.

Also, my dad has PTSD after serving in Iraq, and some dude in their neighborhood got his rocks off by throttling his straight-pipe'd Harley down the street at 12/1/2/3am. My dad would charge to the window and reach for his rifle because he thought they were under attack. Once we found out where he lived and explained what was going on to him and asked him to stop, he did, but he shouldn't have been doing it in the first place. It's just obnoxious.
He should have tried Screamin Eagle II baloney cuts. They rumble and are throaty but not obnoxious. That is the best add-on factory pipes you can get. The dyno shows power gains with these pipes as well. '06 was the last year I know for a fact that they will work though. Your EFI system will have to be dealer remapped to avoid lean conditions!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2010, 06:06 PM

9,538 posts, read 12,337,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinsanity View Post
heck, funny you metion that, because I remember years ago, some guy posted in the s2ki forum (used to have one myself! ) that a local dealer was selling brand new Mercury Grand Marquis for $17k and change. This was around 2007. A few of the posters including myself thought that it would be a good deal to pick one up as a second car, since they're literally as opposite from an s2k as you can get, this side of an SUV at least. The majority of posters gave the few of us some flack for even considering it, but I still think it could be a fun idea, especially with a pair of Flowmasters and a set of 20" Daytons, LOL.
Heh, yeah, if you're a hardcore motorsport purist who thinks that the sun rises with Lotus and sets with BMW's M division, you'll probably go into a tizzy when it comes to suggesting the purchase of such a car.

I think it'd be badass. You know, you can swap a T5 manual tranny into a Panther chassis... Think about it: Crown Vic or Grand Marquis with a stick and a twin-turbo, bored-out Mustang Cobra engine...

...that would really **** off all the JDM VIP drifter kids

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAamvNiGdGs

Old 10-07-2010, 06:23 PM

1,279 posts, read 2,277,320 times
I always wondered how good a drift car a Crown Vic could be

Old 10-07-2010, 06:27 PM

Quote:
I always wondered how good a drift car a Crown Vic could be

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAWuHvVCI6g

Old 10-07-2010, 06:48 PM

14,095 posts, read 22,350,700 times
What if Lincoln base model was a four door sedan based upon the current Mustang platform with revisions to it's suspension for a more balanced ride and then worked up from there?

Old 10-07-2010, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
What if Lincoln base model was a four door sedan based upon the current Mustang platform with revisions to it's suspension for a more balanced ride and then worked up from there?
Lincoln, Mercury and Ford full size cars are quite capable as they are. Most of the people underestimate them until it is too late! There is a reason this was probably the #1 Police vehicle in the Country.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RIyE...eature=related

Old 10-07-2010, 07:00 PM

the Lincoln Town Car's problem isn't that it can't do J-turns or reverse 180's; it's that it's outclassed as a modern luxury car.

Old 10-07-2010, 07:02 PM

91 posts, read 225,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
It just might work my friend.

http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets...stang_v_m3.jpg

Old 10-07-2010, 07:07 PM

Quote:
the Lincoln Town Car's problem isn't that it can't do J-turns or reverse 180's; it's that it's outclassed as a modern luxury car.
For nearly half the price as some of the competition it ain't too shabby!

Old 10-07-2010, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axle grease View Post
For nearly half the price as some of the competition it ain't too shabby!
huh? if the Town Car's "competition" are cars costing $80-90k, then it's even more pathetic than I originally thought.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Ford and Lincoln
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or