Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Ford and Lincoln
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2013, 06:43 PM

1,716 posts, read 3,581,393 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb Longstreet View Post
I think it might have more to do with zero down, 0 or .9% interest, for 6.5 years on some models and tons of advertising than perhaps top picks. Thank god they have improved but, like all American cars, give it 4 or 5 years and report back.

1999 Camry, clooooosing in on 14 years of ownership, 186,000 miles.....and counting.....

Toyota is offering the same 0% for 60 months as Ford and they do just as much advertising as Ford.

1997 Taurus, clooooosing in on 16 years of ownership, 192,000 miles.....and counting.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2013, 07:22 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,855,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayantsi View Post
I've heard of Expeditions, Explorers, and Excursions, but no Explosions. Is it a new model?
Yup it is the tank size SUV. :P

I am on my phone, please forgive the typos.

Old 06-16-2013, 09:48 PM

1,617 posts, read 5,671,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LRPct View Post
Theres no such thing as a Lincoln Flex. There is the MKT, which looks NOTHING like a Flex.

Theres only five Lincoln models. If remembering them stresses the brain so much, I hope not to be driving next to someone with such limited cranial capacity.

MKT = Touring aka the hearse
MKX = Xover/Crossover or Lincolns gussied up Edge with the MUCH better, 3.7 V6
MKS = Sedan the EPA Full sized classification on Taurus platform
MKZ = under a rock if you dont know this one. Fusion platform of course. But unique styling and AWD that is not avaliable on the Fusion.
Navigator = everyone knows the Navigator
Yeah, there's five Lincoln models, and four of them don't have a name, they have gibberish that people not as gifted as you don't care to try to remember. (Hence, the naming problem.)

What if we used our limited cranial capacity to remember the model code of each Lincoln, but it made us forget what to do when we see a stop sign? ;-)

Last edited by Thegonagle; 06-16-2013 at 10:00 PM..

Old 06-16-2013, 09:53 PM

1,716 posts, read 3,581,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thegonagle View Post
Yeah, there's five Lincoln models, and four of them don't have a name, they have gibberish that people not as gifted as you don't care to try to remember.

What if we used our limited cranial capacity to remember the model code of each Lincoln, but it made us forget what to do when we see a stop sign? ;-)
So it's ok for every other luxury brand to do it?

Old 06-16-2013, 10:11 PM

1,617 posts, read 5,671,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by American Luxury View Post
So it's ok for every other luxury brand to do it?
Not in the least.

Personally, I'm a long-time fan of Honda and Acura cars, but I don't know the Acura models anymore. I'd like to think that "TL" stands for Top-of-the-Line, but someone told me that's wrong. So I have stopped caring. Seriously. I don't care which one is which.

Old 06-16-2013, 10:53 PM

2,166 posts, read 3,382,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
I live in an urban part of California. Over the years the most common cars in my neighborhood have been Civics, Subarus, BMWs, Volvos and mini coopers. Camarys are popular too. And Jettas. And Golfs. That covers like 85% of the cars. Americans are rare. I did see a few old focuses.

Well in the past year, since I got my focus, I see fords all the time. Fusions, Escapes, Focuses and C-maxes. And it isn't the I notice them because I have one.

On my street the are 2 focuses the same color as mine. And a fiesta too. One day I was out walking and I saw two of my twins parked next to each other. I see them zip by me daily. I even ran into an old classmate with a focus, he parked next to me at the grocery store.

I keep going to a nearby deli and there are 2 of my twins that frequent it as well.

A few friends were talking about recommending a car to their 20-something cousin and told her to get a focus.

A few years ago, I can't even imagine that happening. Ford has totally stepped up their game.

And it isn't just the Focus. I see lots of the Escapes and Fusions.

It is a bonafide trend.
Ford's market share in California has gone from 4% to 8% in the last few years, so that's probably why you are seeing them more often. LA and San Francisco are two of Ford's fastest growing markets in the US.

Old 06-17-2013, 12:02 AM

44,620 posts, read 61,578,192 times
Have you noticed a Ford explosion?
If not here's one...

Exploding ford - YouTube

Old 06-17-2013, 05:04 AM

30,708 posts, read 79,764,742 times
Yes, but it is hard to notice. pretty much every car around here is Ford, GM or Chrysler.

Although there are still very few, a noticeable big increase lately here is. Subaru

Old 06-17-2013, 05:33 AM

1,022 posts, read 2,549,938 times
I'm still kicking myself for not investing in Ford when their quote was below $2 a few years ago. Their cars are getting phenomenally better and people are definetely taking notice. A guy at work just scrapped his CR-V for a Ford Edge and it's pretty good looking.

Old 06-17-2013, 07:08 AM

15,427 posts, read 25,795,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayantsi View Post
I've heard of Expeditions, Explorers, and Excursions, but no Explosions. Is it a new model?
It's an older model. It was originally called the Pinto.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Ford and Lincoln