Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Ford and Lincoln
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2010, 01:57 PM

5,879 posts, read 9,250,688 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheViking85 View Post
And where exactly did I say it wouldn't be?

Are you just trolling for the fun of it?

Not in a single post did I say that FWD were superior towing machines, I even stated that they were inferior, I just mentioned that it was dumb to say it's impossible or doesn't work.

As for your super duty, what do you need moving, a house?

I've pulled 5000 lbs (plus the hanger weight) with a van loaded with another 3500 lbs, worked fine at highway speed (70mph, could've gone faster.)

The car was a Toyota HiAce with a 2.4L TDi ad RWD, did the job perfectly well.
The point I was trying to make is all heavy duty vehicles are still RWD. Pick-up trucks, full size vans, Mustangs, Camaros, Chargers, Chrysler 300s, Corvettes, SUVs etc.... etc... Save the FWD for the kids who watch too much "The Fast And The Furious", yuppies and secretaries!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2010, 04:51 PM

4,500 posts, read 12,343,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RUGGED4YOU View Post
The point I was trying to make is all heavy duty vehicles are still RWD. Pick-up trucks, full size vans, Mustangs, Camaros, Chargers, Chrysler 300s, Corvettes, SUVs etc.... etc... Save the FWD for the kids who watch too much "The Fast And The Furious", yuppies and secretaries!
Chrysler 300? lol, yeah, that's one great vehicle

But yes, if you're going to haul massive loads, you should have RWD or preferably AWD, that goes without saying.

For regular police use, a FWD works perfectly, as many a country can show you.

The Vw Passat estates that the Norwegian police use would most likely be going in circles around a Crown Vic on a windy road.

Oh and wanna tell the guys racing in WTCC, BTCC, STCC etc etc etc, that they're just kids who's watched too much Fast and the Furious? Because I think they're unaware of that.

Old 05-06-2010, 04:56 PM

11,155 posts, read 29,316,613 times
Quote:
Chrysler 300? lol, yeah, that's one great vehicle

But yes, if you're going to haul massive loads, you should have RWD or preferably AWD, that goes without saying.

The Vw Passat estates that the Norwegian police use would most likely be going in circles around a Crown Vic on a windy road.

Oh and wanna tell the guys racing in WTCC, BTCC, STCC etc etc etc, that they're just kids who's watched too much Fast and the Furious? Because I think they're unaware of that.
I disagree with the AWD if hauling heavy loads if you need to do alot of hauling and it is on paved roads a dually diesel truck would be best like the cummins powered dodge Ram 3500 or the ford F-350 super duty they haul 5th wheels and horse traliers like nothing something like these trucks are best for towing even the 2wd models are good at hauling massive oversized loads through mountain passes with ease.

Last edited by GTOlover; 05-06-2010 at 05:04 PM..

Old 05-06-2010, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOlover View Post
I disagree with the AWD if hauling heavy loads if you need to do alot of hauling and it is on paved roads a dually diesel truck would be best like the cummins powered dodge Ram 3500 or the ford F-350 super duty they haul 5th wheels and horse traliers like nothing something like these trucks are best for towing even the 2wd models are good at hauling massive oversized loads through mountain passes with ease.
Don't F around! Get the right tool for the job!

Old 05-06-2010, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheViking85;14067066[B
]Chrysler 300? lol, yeah, that's one great vehicle [/b]

You are killing me guy!LOL....... Have you ever heard of a Chrysler 300C SRT with the 6.1L 425 HP Hemi? Apparently not!

Old 05-06-2010, 06:14 PM

4,500 posts, read 12,343,711 times
Quote:
You are killing me guy!LOL....... Have you ever heard of a Chrysler 300C SRT with the 6.1L 425 HP Hemi? Apparently not!
I have, now, take that engine, put it in a car, half it's weight, with a proper suspension and chassis, and an interior that doesn't make me cry, and we'll talk.

Old 05-06-2010, 06:19 PM

11,155 posts, read 29,316,613 times
Quote:
I have, now, take that engine, put it in a car, half it's weight, with a proper suspension and chassis, and an interior that doesn't make me cry, and we'll talk.
well they do make the challenger SRT8 which is pretty sweet and one of the best looking retro pony cars out there as for a light weight pony car the best buy right now is the 2011 5.0 mustang GT which is shaping up to be one badass car and for just over $32K puts down some serious performance numbers and even looks mean
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXusbh5hb8U

Old 05-06-2010, 06:19 PM

Quote:
I'm just razzing you buddy! Thanks for being a good sport and taking it like a man!

Old 05-06-2010, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOlover View Post
well they do make the challenger SRT8 which is pretty sweet and one of the best looking retro pony cars out there as for a light weight pony car the best buy right now is the 2011 5.0 mustang GT which is shaping up to be one badass car and for just over $32K puts down some serious performance numbers and even looks mean

YouTube - 2011 Mustang GT 5.0 Review
The new Challengers look very similar to a 1970. They nailed that one and it is awesome! As for the '11 5.0 Mustang GT that one is badass too! I love it!

Old 05-06-2010, 06:58 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,176,801 times
Quote:
Yep. Seen one get its throat ripped out by a C32 AMG with a supercharged V6 roughly half the size, and 75 fewer horsepower. That must have been embarrassing for the poor fellow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Ford and Lincoln