Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Ford and Lincoln
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2013, 07:39 PM
MJ7

6,221 posts, read 10,728,760 times

Advertisements

it looks like a semi sports car now, much better looking, however it still has no independent rear suspension, and a slow v8...but then again they dont cost all that much
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2013, 08:15 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,131,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ7 View Post
it looks like a semi sports car now, much better looking, however it still has no independent rear suspension, and a slow v8...but then again they dont cost all that much
A "slow" V8? The current V8 is a high-12/low-13-second car. If the next one sheds a few hundred pounds as it is rumored to do, it should go deep into the 12s. And if it gets the rumored upgrade to 500HP by the 2016 model year, that could make it an 11-second car.

And Ford has very strongly hinted -- all but confirmed really -- that this iteration will get IRS as they are aiming for the European market which won't settle for a "sports" car with a solid axle.

Old 10-28-2013, 08:17 PM

12,966 posts, read 9,643,677 times
Quote:
from everything I have read, the new mustang will have independent rear suspension. it even says so in this article that the op have posted, its at the very end under chassis

Old 10-29-2013, 05:57 AM

5,228 posts, read 15,280,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
from everything I have read, the new mustang will have independent rear suspension. it even says so in this article that the op have posted, its at the very end under chassis
Yup, there are even pictures of it:

Old 10-29-2013, 06:32 AM

17,262 posts, read 21,991,461 times
Quote:

Slow V8? Current car is 420 HP and tags 0-60 in the 4 second range......all starting at about 30K new!

I have never owned a Mustang but that is still pretty stout numbers for that price point!

Old 10-29-2013, 06:54 AM

3,961 posts, read 11,015,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
A "slow" V8? The current V8 is a high-12/low-13-second car. If the next one sheds a few hundred pounds as it is rumored to do, it should go deep into the 12s. And if it gets the rumored upgrade to 500HP by the 2016 model year, that could make it an 11-second car.
yeah no kidding, current GT's "slow"?

I'll be curious to see what Ford will use for the lower model drivetrain, if they de-tune the v8, stick with the existing 6 or even try a version of their eco-boost 4 (not sure how that one would work)

Old 10-29-2013, 08:02 AM

8,087 posts, read 9,831,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merc63 View Post
One, it's not even close to Aston's grille. it's looking like a slightly modified version of the current grille, with little nothces at the lower corners:

And if anything, Aston cribbed from the Mustang early on, and kept it.

This is the Aston grille, and it's not even CLOSE to the Mustang (or Fusion):
I think you are alone in that as the GM and Ford sites I have visited have long commented on the forthcoming AM front end on the Mustang. But you know, opinions are ok.

Last edited by Felix C; 10-29-2013 at 08:41 AM..

Old 10-29-2013, 09:06 AM

5,228 posts, read 15,280,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix C View Post
I think you are alone in that as the GM and Ford sites I have visited have long commented on the forthcoming AM front end on the Mustang. But you know, opinions are ok.
I don't know if I can count the opinions of blind people who might as well say they look the same because they all have 4 wheels. The Aston grille is a completely different shape as are the ROUNDED headlights. The Ford grille is a stretched hexagon, while the Aston is not. And in the Mustang version the grille is a slightly modified version of the current car, as is self evident in the comparison shots.

Old 10-29-2013, 10:54 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,131,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger17 View Post
yeah no kidding, current GT's "slow"?

I'll be curious to see what Ford will use for the lower model drivetrain, if they de-tune the v8, stick with the existing 6 or even try a version of their eco-boost 4 (not sure how that one would work)
The base engine will almost certainly be the 2.0 ecoboost, with the 3.7 NA serving as the middle offering, and then probably a range of V8s up top anywhere from 420+ to maybe 600+HP if they continue making a Shelby version.

Old 10-29-2013, 11:41 AM

8,087 posts, read 9,831,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merc63 View Post
I don't know if I can count the opinions of blind people who might as well say they look the same because they all have 4 wheels. The Aston grille is a completely different shape as are the ROUNDED headlights. The Ford grille is a stretched hexagon, while the Aston is not. And in the Mustang version the grille is a slightly modified version of the current car, as is self evident in the comparison shots.
Like I said opinions are ok. If you want to be the last word that is ok as well.(Means nothing to me) I wrote what is correct regarding automobile sites and thread respondents who I presume have a level of interest in this car or modern american performance cars.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Ford and Lincoln