Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Ford and Lincoln
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2014, 07:23 AM

8,050 posts, read 7,419,522 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarqCider View Post
im driving a 2014 ford focus SE as a rental and im a bit impressed with the quality of this car. still feels a bit cheap, but its a sturdy cheap feel that makes me feel ok with it oddly.

I guess that's why ford isn't in trouble like GM. they've actually focued on improving.
That's weird. My 2014 Focus sucks compared to my 2011 Focus which unfortunately got wrecked. Mainly it's the "robotic clutch" that makes it drive like a 10-year-old Saturn, but there are other details that I don't like.

I agree with you about getting Bluetooth to stream Pandora, and I hate that the max volume via Bluetooth is way lower than max volume via radio/CD.

Still, I guess as a Ford stockholder I'm glad someone has had a good experience with the new Focus automatic transmission. But this will probably be my last Ford.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2014, 08:11 AM

2,698 posts, read 12,167,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PokerMunkee View Post
Get on FordTaurus.net and post. A Ford Social Customer Service rep will respond and open a case for you. They don't want to see negative comments online and will get you fixed up.

Need to find a better dealer that has a better relationship with Ford. Sounds like the dealer(s) you are working with are being heavily audited and must get every $300+ job authorized through Ford.
It's great that Ford goes so far as to have Customer Representatives camp out on forums dedicated to their newer vehicles, but it's sad that folks have to go through such great lengths to get the customer service they should be receiving in the first place. Honestly, as upset as I am about the issues the Ford Flex has, I'm that much MORE upset by the dismal customer service of their dealerships, which I've both experienced firsthand many times (through several different dealerships) and from reading other owners tales of woe. Every time I visit www.fordflex.net, I just about wanna scream reading all the stories of people having issues with their vehicle, taking it in, getting the run-around, having to get three levels of Management and the forum's Ford CSR involved, blah blah blah, just to fix issues which should have been fixed the first time the customer drove into the service bay.

And it's not like these are issues where one owner had the ONLY Flex that ever had that particular problem. They're common issues that, although Ford does not always issue a TSB or recall for, are certainly common knowledge amongst the members of the forum, and by extension, Ford (because of the presence of the CSRs).

My experience with Ford's dealerships has been so terrible that it delayed my purchasing of a Ford Extended Service Plan significantly. It's not that I spent time debating whether the plan would pay for itself or any of those normal concerns. It's that I honestly didn't know which dealership I could trust to take care of the vehicle if/when something DID go wrong. For the issues I've had on the Flex, I tried 2 of the highest-rated Ford dealerships in the San Diego area (according to Yelp, looking at reviews specific to the Service Department) and was still hosed. I eventually did buy the ESP after getting OK service at another dealer, but even they pull all the typical slimeball stuff like telling me I need a new battery (tests fine) or new brakes (brand new, just serviced by another Ford dealership).

I'm a BIG Ford fan, but honestly, their dealership's customer service alone will likely keep us from buying another newer Ford.

Mike
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Ford and Lincoln