Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Ford and Lincoln
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2015, 05:43 AM

1,133 posts, read 2,019,330 times

Advertisements

Sources at Ford have said think upper end Lambo money and an even more limited run than the last generation GT. They aren't building the new GT for any sort of volume, but rather to show the world what they can do and homologate a new racer for Le Mans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Army_Guy View Post
That's what I was wondering. I wonder if it'll come in under $100k.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2015, 08:20 AM

26,191 posts, read 21,574,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MckinneyOwnr View Post
On paper, it should be quicker than the comparatively priced Viper... but it's not. The Viper wins repeatedly, from a dead stop to highway pulls.

People are blaming the engine tuning as being very conservative and pulling timing, limiting peak horsepower. Not to mention the overheating problems everyone has been having with them, and that's on the road too, not just the track.

I think car and driver got better results out of the vette than they did the viper and 20k cheaper at that although the viper was an 14 which I believe they dropped the price 15k for 15. On paper though power to weight favored the viper I thought but either way they are pretty close

Old 01-13-2015, 08:22 AM

17,148 posts, read 15,357,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowexpectations View Post
You do understand why 0-60 numbers would be better in those two vs the zr-1 right?
Yes. My point exactly. They don't need 600+ HP to hang with those cars.

Old 01-13-2015, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
Yes. My point exactly. They don't need 600+ HP to hang with those cars.
Clearly if you are racing to 60. They are different cars with different purposes. Arguing one area is silly, of course hp isn't the end all, especially in 0-60

Old 01-13-2015, 09:14 AM

17,148 posts, read 15,357,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowexpectations View Post
Clearly if you are racing to 60. They are different cars with different purposes. Arguing one area is silly, of course hp isn't the end all, especially in 0-60
Or 1/4 mile for that matter.
But that was my point. These cars' main purpose isn't to achieve fastest 0-200 times. They're designed to perform well in more realistic, race-type environments, where they will seldom go anywhere near 150mph.

Old 01-13-2015, 05:44 PM

3,251 posts, read 2,551,840 times
A little surprised to see a TTV6 in this kind of car, but I have no doubts they can get more than 600hp with some simple tuning and fuel.

Besides, any specs on it's weight? 600hp in a sub 3000lbs car could be pretty wicked.

I have high hopes for the V6 Ecoboost and was thinking they should put it in the Shelby GT500 until they announced the GT350.

Old 01-13-2015, 06:55 PM

3,483 posts, read 9,013,801 times
I wonder if any current owners who have held onto their GT as a collector piece will be upset with this new model is introduced?

I was watching Mecum a few months back, and there were a couple Ford GT's coming across the stage garnering about $250k-300k. One announcer mentioned the ROI on the cars, considering they got as cheap as $125-130k a couple years after they were introduced. He also stated that this particular GT was a "mid mileage car" with about 300 on the odometer. I couldn't help laughing at that part, meaning it was purchased solely as an investment piece, driving it be DAMNED!

Old 01-13-2015, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flynavyj View Post
I wonder if any current owners who have held onto their GT as a collector piece will be upset with this new model is introduced?

I was watching Mecum a few months back, and there were a couple Ford GT's coming across the stage garnering about $250k-300k. One announcer mentioned the ROI on the cars, considering they got as cheap as $125-130k a couple years after they were introduced. He also stated that this particular GT was a "mid mileage car" with about 300 on the odometer. I couldn't help laughing at that part, meaning it was purchased solely as an investment piece, driving it be DAMNED!

I know a guy who bought 7 in the last 5 years or so at various auctions all were over 200k I'm might have to see if I can track him down and see

Old 01-13-2015, 08:23 PM

3,820 posts, read 8,744,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flynavyj View Post

I know 4 other owners in this area. All still have their cars. And drive them. But don't abuse them knowing that the value is going up every month.

The GT owners group actually gets together for events from time to time and to drive the cars. We did the Indy 500 with them in 2007. Total blast and definitely a variety of owners who drive them like a bat out of hell, and then the grampa who babies it . Camillo Pardo (designer) was part of the group as well which was fun. He's a bit quirky.

Hubby was actually intrigued when rumors of the then new GT was announced. Not at all concerned about diluting the value. They're different enough to appeal to keep them interesting. Especially with some of the aftermarket work that's been done to up the HP and overall performance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Ford and Lincoln