Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Ford and Lincoln
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2017, 09:32 AM

15,796 posts, read 20,499,262 times

Advertisements

I can't get my wife to set foot in mine.

But for the most part, she leaves me alone when it comes to my hobby cars..as long as I make sure to give her plenty of attention.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2017, 02:39 PM

5,922 posts, read 6,468,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateJohn View Post
My wife was kinda the same way. She didn't want me to get one until we could afford it. I had 2 before we met, a 69 Fastback, and a 72 Mach 1. Had both close to fully restored, or restomoded, and sold them out of need of money. Sold my 69 because, as farmers, we needed the money. Sold my 72 to help pay for my first wifes funeral. Never really got to drive and enjoy either of those. My wife and I have really been enjoying my 14. We spend a lot more time together because of it, and enjoying each others company cruising the streets.
You deserve it John! My wife will only do cruisin' with me on a cruise ship. She gets motion sickness if someone else drives, so she's usually the one driving. The problem is, we tend to have our best conversations when we're in the car, especially when someone else is babysitting our boy. But yeah, I remember a lot of times when we were dating, I had to wind up letting her drive my Mustang because she couldn't take being a passenger. Kind of started giving me a complex about my driving!

Old 05-31-2017, 06:55 PM

2,619 posts, read 2,335,632 times
My wife loves my GT. She made me buy it and just "made" me keep it as our 3rd car. Guess it helps that it was her father's car first. She likes to go for rides with me and loves to hot rod it. I can't say I don't get nervous when she's driving and I'm riding though! It is pretty sexy to have a woman who can drive a stick though.

Old 06-01-2017, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog_5 View Post
My wife loves my GT. She made me buy it and just "made" me keep it as our 3rd car. Guess it helps that it was her father's car first. She likes to go for rides with me and loves to hot rod it. I can't say I don't get nervous when she's driving and I'm riding though! It is pretty sexy to have a woman who can drive a stick though.
I think in a weird sort of way, my wife is afraid that if I do get another muscle car, it will get the attention of other ladies who'll want to go for a ride. I'll admit, when I had my Mustang a few years back, I got some attention. Matter of fact, I had one bit......um.....girl who said the only reason she went out with me was because of my car. (Of course this was before I met my wife! ) My wife is not a car person, so she saw my GT as just another car even though it seemed to have a lot of power, lol!

Old 06-01-2017, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy37 View Post
I think in a weird sort of way, my wife is afraid that if I do get another muscle car, it will get the attention of other ladies who'll want to go for a ride. I'll admit, when I had my Mustang a few years back, I got some attention. Matter of fact, I had one bit......um.....girl who said the only reason she went out with me was because of my car. (Of course this was before I met my wife! ) My wife is not a car person, so she saw my GT as just another car even though it seemed to have a lot of power, lol!
My car is super clean and definitely a beauty, but here in Phoenix, people drive way nicer cars all year round. I see tons of amazing cars everyday on my commute. People daily driving new corvettes and such. I know a plastic surgeon who daily drives his Nissan GTR with 800+ horsepower. Things like this are not uncommon. People here really do love having nice cars and they do drive them all year.

I think it greatly depends on where you live, for how your car will attract people.

Old 06-06-2017, 11:11 AM

Quote:
My car is super clean and definitely a beauty, but here in Phoenix, people drive way nicer cars all year round. I see tons of amazing cars everyday on my commute. People daily driving new corvettes and such. I know a plastic surgeon who daily drives his Nissan GTR with 800+ horsepower. Things like this are not uncommon. People here really do love having nice cars and they do drive them all year.

I think it greatly depends on where you live, for how your car will attract people.

I'd drive a GTR to the office that's five minutes from my work. Because, often, there's not a lot of vehicles parked in that parking lot. But when I'm at my other office the other days of the week, there is no way I'd feel comfortable parking my car in that parking lot. Way too many students who don't respect the vehicle they park next to.

Old 06-06-2017, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy37 View Post
I'd drive a GTR to the office that's five minutes from my work. Because, often, there's not a lot of vehicles parked in that parking lot. But when I'm at my other office the other days of the week, there is no way I'd feel comfortable parking my car in that parking lot. Way too many students who don't respect the vehicle they park next to.
His commute is about 30 minutes each way.

And since he's the surgeon, he's got his own spot to park the car.

Old 06-07-2017, 07:16 AM

Quote:
His commute is about 30 minutes each way.

And since he's the surgeon, he's got his own spot to park the car.
LOL! I bet so! I'd have armed guards around that parking spot too!

Old 06-07-2017, 10:13 AM

3,251 posts, read 2,553,104 times
A quick fun car is the only thing that keeps my longer commutes engaging. Right now my hot hatch is in the shop for an engine upgrade and I'm stuck driving a slooooow ranger. I frequently have trouble staying awake.

Old 08-12-2017, 06:14 PM

Finally got around to purchasing a performance tune for my mildly modified 2005 GT.

Man, it's pretty noticeable the throttle response and torque difference. The car feels much more alive! The guys at 5 star tuning nailed it for me. Would highly recommend.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Ford and Lincoln