Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Ford and Lincoln
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2016, 07:50 AM

5,051 posts, read 3,579,807 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregG6 View Post
Looking to purchase a relatively "fast" new car over the summer. My friends keep recommending the Ford Focus ST, and I have no clue why. This car's stats are relatively unimpressive, and 0-60 times are average at best. A V6 Toyota Camry or Honda Accord would beat the ST on the track. I'm leaning towards the Subaru WRX STi right now, but I like the exterior design and price tag of the ST. Are there some pro's about the ST that I'm missing?
If you want a fast car (stats-wise) then buy a Stang or Camaro - In the 4 sec range to 60. A Focus is a very well-rounded (more space than the Stang or Camaro), Drivers Car, probably cheaper insurance too.

No a V6 Accord or Camary would not beat an ST (or RS) on the track unless it was an oval. I think you should drive your cars first and see which one you would want to live with on a daily basis.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2016, 08:36 AM

5,681 posts, read 5,159,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cats234 View Post
If you want more power why not the Focus RS? although it is very new and probably would cost more than an STI
Agreed, if you're comparing the ST to the STI, the Subaru is going to come out on top. Then there comes the RS to murder said STI.

Old 05-20-2016, 06:39 PM

2,619 posts, read 2,336,237 times
How easy/available are modifications on the ST to pump out more horsepower/torque? Is it common to modify them like it is the Stang?

Old 05-23-2016, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog_5 View Post
How easy/available are modifications on the ST to pump out more horsepower/torque? Is it common to modify them like it is the Stang?
It's common and although I personally like my cars stock, there are a few tasteful add-ons I'd have bought if my ST wasn't a lease. There is a number of mods available that don't mess with the factory warranty (by Ford Performance). The one thing I'd caution against is adding too much power, because it's still a FWD car. Still, you can get 300+ very easily.

Old 06-11-2016, 10:48 PM

769 posts, read 1,014,840 times
Focus RS all the way. Although they are so sought after, that you have to wait 6 months after putting in your order.

I drove a 2013 ST at the dealer and was very impressed, with the ergonomics, handling, power and seats. And I've owned 3 GTI's and two Corrado's.

Not sure why the op would be comparing the ST to the Camry and Accord V6. Completely different segment of cars.

And no, neither the Camry or Accord will beat the ST on a road course. The power to weight ratio, handling dynamics, and drag coefficient all weigh in the ST favor.

Old 06-15-2016, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ughhnyc View Post
Focus RS all the way.
Depends on what you're comparing it to. Very few people will cross-shop the RS and the ST - the financial gap is too large.
Quote:
Not sure why the op would be comparing the ST to the Camry and Accord V6. Completely different segment of cars.
Because he's likely never driven either and has only seen horsepower numbers.

Old 07-06-2016, 11:21 AM

30,369 posts, read 19,162,886 times
The Camry is an efficient transportation device built for people that aren't focused on driving fun but would not beat the ST on a racetrack with curves. I'm considering the GTI but want to look at the ST as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Ford and Lincoln