Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Ford and Lincoln
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2016, 02:45 PM

1 posts, read 570 times

Advertisements

I took in my car to a Ford dealership closer to home (in which I regret) they have terrible customer service. I took it in cause my 2012 Ford Focus wouldn't shift from 1st into 2nd without a stutter or going from 0- up to 4 on car gauge. I was told I couldn't just drop off car that I needed to make appointment in which I called the day prior and was told 1st come 1st served. Long story short, my car need it's usual oil change and maintenance, in which I paid for when I bought the car. I was told it would take them several day's to do all of that. Three day's later, I get a call that my car is ready and was calibrated, so the shifting would be working much better. I had my father pick up the car. When I got home the car door wasn't functioning it would lock and unlock every 2 seconds and the red alert light was on. I couldn't believe they thought it was fine to release the car in this condition. I drove my car straight to the Fremont Dealership where the car was purchased and was told that the door was broken, and I may be responsible for the cost. I was SO irate at this point! I was told that they would need to order part, so I was left with no car had to rent one. Fremont told me they would give a great deal @ $35. a day they didn't have any of these deals left. I rented a Dodge Dart, which is similar to my Ford Focus but it would cost $65 a day plus $16 for insurance. I feel the dealership in Serramonte should be responsible for their mistake. Feeling frustrated!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2016, 04:55 PM

8,272 posts, read 10,991,123 times
The story is too convoluted.

You need to find a good local honest mechanic/repair facility for a car of 2012.

And lesson learned. Never drop off a car and leave it and state "fix it". Stay with the car for repairs. If special parts are required that take days to obtain then wait until the parts are in then get car serviced.
And lesson learned. Pick up car yourself when done and go over the entire car inside and outside before paying.

Granted this may be difficult for someone working 2 jobs, going to school, and attending to a family. But all cars are expensive and require your undivided attention.

Old 12-20-2016, 09:41 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,497,598 times
Ahh the DPS 6 clutch failure.

What it sounds like to me is they may have done a simple PCM re calibration and an adaptive strategy relearn procedure done. Did they replace the clutch? If it was a reprogram and the battery wasn't on the charger while programming or for whatever reason a corruption in the file occurred (I've run into this myself in the dealer with a wifi concern) which can affect other systems. My suggestion would be to ask them to hook IDS up and pull codes clear the codes and do a new reprogram session by hooking IDS up and when asking for the VIN matching click no and enter the PCM tear tag information. It hooks to fords database and downloads all of the original Info for the car. I've had to do this several times due to a router in the shop going down briefly during a PCM reprogram blanks the software out and turns the vehicle into a lawn ornament. If the battery voltage dips even for a moment it's enough to cause corruption in the data.

Just in case you didn't know this... The DPS6 in the focus/fiesta is NOT technically an automatic transmission... It is a manual gear box with electronic solenoids that move synchronizers and actuate a clutch fork just like a manual transmission. Very problematic transmission that ford never figured out...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Ford and Lincoln