Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Ford and Lincoln
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2018, 03:08 PM

6,980 posts, read 5,421,309 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlguy44 View Post
If only Ford would make the Ranger smaller, like the size it used to be. Not everyone who wants a pickup, wants/needs those mid-sized or full-sized models. In other countries, it's possible to get smaller models that meet that requirement.

Why do you think Ford stop making them they were not selling so why would you think that they would bring that size truck back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2018, 03:53 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,274,757 times
Looks like a sedan with a bed. Much like the Ridgeline or even the Frontier. I am sure it'll be in the 40s without trying much.

Old 05-04-2018, 04:24 PM

1,465 posts, read 1,083,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easy62 View Post
Why do you think Ford stop making them they were not selling so why would you think that they would bring that size truck back.
.....and you know this for a fact? There's a reason why that size pickup gets a great resale price and why so few of them are on the market. People hang on to them. The last model year was 2011 and their resale prices are high.

Old 05-04-2018, 05:07 PM

30,432 posts, read 21,255,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unit731 View Post
Guess we are in the minority. Wish that someone would make, market, and sell a small truck.
Been wishing that since the S10 went away. I had a 05 and 08 reg cab Colorados. They would have been perfect with a factory 400HP LS2. Then had a 2010 5.3 Colorado, but they never made a v8 reg cab version.

Old 05-04-2018, 11:02 PM

468 posts, read 356,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unit731 View Post

What happened to the single cab version. Oh, nobody buys them. Yet I still see many older single cab Rangers still on the road.
I owned a sharp looking green exterior 2000 Ranger 4x4 regular cab with a 7' bed.....had the 4.0 L engine with 4:10 limited slip differential...a very quick truck.....I loved having the 7' bed and can not see myself having a pickup today with the small size beds we see today.......I sold it in 2008 with only 16k miles on her and it is one of the few vehicles that I have owned that I now wish I would have kept....

Old 05-05-2018, 02:42 AM

574 posts, read 382,791 times
Hmmmm......... have they gotten the rust prevention process improved yet?

Old 05-05-2018, 05:40 AM

6,980 posts, read 5,421,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlguy44 View Post
.....and you know this for a fact? There's a reason why that size pickup gets a great resale price and why so few of them are on the market. People hang on to them. The last model year was 2011 and their resale prices are high.
Then you tell me why Ford stopped making them if they were a great seller and why did Gm also stop making the S10. If a vehicle is selling and making a profit why would they stop making them, they were not selling so both Ford and GM stopped making their small pickups. This is why compact pickups went bye bye

https://cars.usnews.com/cars-trucks/...ing-the-ranger

Old 05-05-2018, 06:19 AM

1,465 posts, read 1,083,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easy62 View Post
Then you tell me why Ford stopped making them if they were a great seller and why did Gm also stop making the S10. If a vehicle is selling and making a profit why would they stop making them, they were not selling so both Ford and GM stopped making their small pickups. This is why compact pickups went bye bye

https://cars.usnews.com/cars-trucks/...ing-the-ranger
If you read the article, it indicated it was a corporate decision at the time not to offer play in both markets. That size pickup continued to be offered only abroad even though demand for the product remained high here. The recession also played a role. Not that people no longer wanted that size unit, but the downturn in car sales across the board, in both segments, meant Ford took a decision to not offer both models based on overall company profit, not consumer preference. The newer version would be great if it were smaller to tap into a now booming sector that does not want a small pickup for everyday commuting, not a huge pickup sitting in their driveway.

Old 05-05-2018, 07:39 AM

9,880 posts, read 7,212,572 times
Ford stopped making the Ranger as their research showed the following:

- consumers bought them as commuter vehicles and the cheap price is what sold them
- if the Ranger were not available, consumers would buy a cheap commuter car instead
- fleet buyers bought Rangers because they were cheap
- fleet buyers would switch to vans if the Ranger were not available
- cost to develop and federalize a new Ranger would not allow it to be a profitable offering in the US

Old 05-05-2018, 08:22 AM

16,569 posts, read 15,274,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robr2 View Post
- fleet buyers bought Rangers because they were cheap
Exactly which "fleet buyer" bought the Ranger? I never saw a caravan of Rangers anywhere. The very few Rangers I see now look utterly pathetic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Ford and Lincoln