Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Ford and Lincoln
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2019, 04:36 PM

9,724 posts, read 21,188,744 times

Advertisements

Those two "2020 Broncos" don't look anything alike.

I owned the first Bronco, a 1974 iirc. I loved it, but I hated the big one they came out with next, and the toy Bronco II that followed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2019, 05:01 PM

3,631 posts, read 7,646,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post

2020 Ford Bronco

If Ford designs this pup right it'll run circles past Jeep. In North America, that is. In Europe? Nah. Only pocket groups of truck enthusiasts in the UK, France, Spain, Russia, would be interested in this rig. But here in America? It will be a winner for Ford. We've always been an off-road truck enthusiast type of country.
I'm pretty certain it will look nothing like those images unfortunately.

I hope I'm wrong.

The infuriating thing when it comes out will be that Ford COULD have gone this route with the styling but chose not to.

I'm interested to see what it will look like but have very guarded enthusiasm. I'm mostly just glad to see another offroad capable (God willing) SUV come to market...competition is always a good thing.
Hopefully it will lite a fire under Toyota's off-road vehicle designers azz.

Old 05-03-2019, 05:14 PM

4,795 posts, read 4,807,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
I was excited by the early news of the Bronco, but that has waned as time has gone on and pics have come out.

The rear window has a nice view of...the sky?

https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-car...anger-details/
Looks like a Pontiac Aztek. No thanks

Old 05-03-2019, 05:17 PM

4,795 posts, read 4,807,132 times
just get the Icon BR if you have $150k

https://www.icon4x4.com/br

Old 05-03-2019, 05:22 PM

34,179 posts, read 18,487,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodyfromnc View Post
Not a fan of the Everest, nor the new Bronco.

Make it a 2-door Wrangler fighter, then I'll get all hot and bothered...
I agree. I have an older two door Wrangler. Most of them I see on the road today are four door, sadly. I'd like to see a Bronco, and K5 Blazer more true to the original ones that were smaller, more compact, two door, and FUN. I also think Toyota screwed up with making the FJ-40 the FJ Cruiser, and just another SUV with a retro grill.

Old 05-03-2019, 06:35 PM

2,376 posts, read 2,916,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHoVe View Post

I hope I'm wrong.

The infuriating thing when it comes out will be that Ford COULD have gone this route with the styling but chose not to.

I'm interested to see what it will look like but have very guarded enthusiasm. I'm mostly just glad to see another offroad capable (God willing) SUV come to market...competition is always a good thing.
Hopefully it will lite a fire under Toyota's off-road vehicle designers azz.
Chose not to? How the heck do we know that....nobody has even seen what it looks like yet. I don’t think you can make judgements off one set of test mule pics, as those trucks are Frankenstein sometimes and aren’t always representative of what’s to come.

Old 05-03-2019, 07:35 PM

8,228 posts, read 14,186,965 times
[quote=SoHoVe;55096346]I'm pretty certain it will look nothing like those images unfortunately.

I hope I'm wrong.

Hopefully it will lite a fire under Toyota's off-road vehicle designers azz.[/QUOTE]

No kidding, I really extended myself last year and bought a 2015 4runner trail. I'm not impressed. I don't off road but the windshields crack repeatedly, the front seat is a torture device. the paint isn't very good and the nose dive will kill you. Takes 3,000 in new suspension to fix.

Old 05-03-2019, 08:27 PM

18,073 posts, read 18,754,030 times
[quote=Giesela;55097302]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHoVe View Post

I hope I'm wrong.

Hopefully it will lite a fire under Toyota's off-road vehicle designers azz.[/QUOTE]

No kidding, I really extended myself last year and bought a 2015 4runner trail. I'm not impressed. I don't off road but the windshields crack repeatedly, the front seat is a torture device. the paint isn't very good and the nose dive will kill you. Takes 3,000 in new suspension to fix.
Bilstein 5100 are only a few hundred and solves the nose dive. At that, the 4runner is one of the best off-road vehicles on the market.

Old 05-04-2019, 04:53 AM

9,267 posts, read 5,100,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giesela View Post
I like the look of the Ford Everest but its only sold in....Australia.

Was getting excited about the Bronco till I saw pictures of those test cars with all the designs on it
and it looked too egg like for me. All the hype is about competing with off road, top off jeep though so
IDK how its going to look like that?
It's about time they resumed the Bronco. The word is they designed it with semi-structural exterior panels and mod-ready design like the Wrangler and the original '66-'76 Bronco series.
I'm getting the new Explorer----need the 4-doors.

Old 05-04-2019, 05:31 AM

9,267 posts, read 5,100,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post

2020 Ford Bronco

If Ford designs this pup right it'll run circles past Jeep. In North America, that is. In Europe? Nah. Only pocket groups of truck enthusiasts in the UK, France, Spain, Russia, would be interested in this rig. But here in America? It will be a winner for Ford. We've always been an off-road truck enthusiast type of country.
It won't be like that. Those are magazine renditions. Be patient---you'll like it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Ford and Lincoln