Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Ford and Lincoln
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2022, 07:43 PM

2,035 posts, read 852,699 times

Advertisements

Great marketing and promoting by Ford on behalf of their new mini pick up truck. 95% of buyers haven’t seen it in person and I have. And I want nothing to do with it. Lol this is how I describe their cheap plastic unibody truck. Basically it’s a Prius with a little tiny box on the back. Seriously. This is not a truck. It’s a very light duty sedan, with a tiny box on the back. It’s gutless, it’s powerless, you’re not gonna take it anywhere you would a regular truck, and I would put my bottom dollar that this thing will start falling apart somewhere between 60 and 80,000 miles. Stay away in my opinion. I want you to think back to the days of the Ford tempo, maybe the focus and just open up the trunk area into a want to be, mini tiny bed. But maybe you could throw a couple duffel bags back there. That’s what the Ford Maverick is. More hyped junk from Ford.

I was hoping for more….
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2022, 07:53 PM

8,335 posts, read 6,419,063 times
Those who like big heavy trucks how do you like gas prices now?

Old 01-05-2022, 08:11 PM

1,085 posts, read 691,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Vega View Post
Those who like big heavy trucks how do you like gas prices now?
Don’t really care. The difference is maybe $20/mo.

If I start really caring, I’ll just use the Tesla.

Old 01-05-2022, 08:14 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,556,021 times
If you need to move a truck load you need a truck. Cost of operation must be passed to the consumer. That's commerce.

Old 01-05-2022, 08:15 PM

3,318 posts, read 2,335,731 times
The Maverick isn't supposed to be a serious work truck. It's never been marketed as such. It's an economical vehicle for city dwellers to run to the garden center with on the weekend.

Old 01-05-2022, 08:16 PM

1,085 posts, read 691,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodyfromnc View Post
The Maverick isn't supposed to be a serious work truck. It's never been marketed as such. It's an economical vehicle for city dwellers to run to the garden center with on the weekend.
Using logic will not fare well here with this one.

Old 01-05-2022, 08:17 PM

12,379 posts, read 9,473,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCSweettea View Post
Great marketing and promoting by Ford on behalf of their new mini pick up truck. 95% of buyers haven’t seen it in person and I have. And I want nothing to do with it. Lol this is how I describe their cheap plastic unibody truck. Basically it’s a Prius with a little tiny box on the back. Seriously. This is not a truck. It’s a very light duty sedan, with a tiny box on the back. It’s gutless, it’s powerless, you’re not gonna take it anywhere you would a regular truck, and I would put my bottom dollar that this thing will start falling apart somewhere between 60 and 80,000 miles. Stay away in my opinion. I want you to think back to the days of the Ford tempo, maybe the focus and just open up the trunk area into a want to be, mini tiny bed. But maybe you could throw a couple duffel bags back there. That’s what the Ford Maverick is. More hyped junk from Ford.

I was hoping for more….
Oh come on. "a Prius with a little tiny box on the back"? It has available 250HP/277ft-lb, AWD, carries a payload up to 1,500lb and tows up to 4,000lb. Sure, those specs are less than what's available on a Ranger and an F-150, but it's a smaller truck than either of those, of course it will do less! But it's not remotely "a Prius with a little tiny box on the back". You can easily tow a 14-20-ft open fishing boat or a pop-up camper with that thing. Again, sure, some people own bigger boats or bigger travel trailers - fine, that's what bigger trucks are for.

Last edited by OutdoorLover; 01-05-2022 at 08:30 PM..

Old 01-05-2022, 08:20 PM

3,307 posts, read 1,217,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCSweettea View Post

I was hoping for more….
Ok, it is a utilitarian vehicle that offers some hauling capacity for people that don't need a full size pick up. I personally wouldn't buy any vehicle that just came out. I prefer to wait until it has all the kinks worked out. You can haul sheets of plywood in it, and otherwise you can haul smaller things as well. It also gets good gas mileage, especially for the lower priced non turbo hybrid engine.

I won't be buying one, but I can certainly see the allure for them. Especially starting at around 20k for a crew cab pickup. It seems that someone is just hating on this option that Ford has put out there.

Old 01-05-2022, 08:22 PM

3,307 posts, read 1,217,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OutdoorLover View Post
Oh come on. "a Prius with a little tiny box on the back"? It has available 250HP/277ft-lb, AWD, carries a payload up to 1,500lb and tows up to 4,000lb. Sure, those specs are less than what's available on a Ranger and an F-150, but it's a smaller truck than either of those, of course it will do less! But it's not remotely "a Prius with a little tiny box on the back".
Exactly! What the OP fails to realize is that there is a demand for these types of trucks. Not everyone has 40k to throw on a full size pickup that gets 15 mpg. Especially when that full size pickup may be more than they need.

Old 01-05-2022, 08:26 PM

10,513 posts, read 5,161,497 times
OP doesn't understand the market segment that the Maverick is meant for. And the hybrid base model is not "gutless," per Motor Trend:

"If there's only one thing you take away from this first test, it's that the 2.5-liter I-4 and permanent-magnet electric motor are more than up to the challenge of the work this truck will be asked to do. It even pulled a light trailer with shocking confidence and ease... The Maverick Hybrid, which you should recall is only available with front-wheel drive, is no sprinter. But for a 3,694-pound pickup with a hybrid powertrain, its 0-60 mph time of 7.6 seconds is more than adequate, putting it right on par with your average modern crossover SUV or compact car. "
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Ford and Lincoln