Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Ford and Lincoln
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2008, 11:57 PM

673 posts, read 3,091,122 times

Advertisements

I heard a bit about the new Ford and Microsoft Sync interface. Supposedly it gives easy voice control over Phones and Mp3 players. What do you guys think about it? Any actually tried out first hard?

Is a great new feature, maybe even help Ford get technological edge? Or is just another useless feature.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2008, 11:13 AM

18,949 posts, read 43,612,080 times
It would be useless for me. I just don't feel the need to talk to my radio.

Old 08-24-2008, 01:55 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,882,304 times
It's pretty much the same thing that GM pioneered a few years ago, called OnStar. It's a great system if you have a need for all the features. We use the telephone feature, it's great, hands free system. You can store numbers, or just push the button and tell the operator the number you want. It takes better care of you than Yo mama.....
You also have GPS system. Push a button and an operator answers immediately. Tell him/her where you want to go, and they know where you are, so they give to step by step instructions. Great safety tool, also. You drive off a mountain road in a snow storm, and they know exactly where you are.....
It has a million features, but we don't use the car enough to make it cost effective. If I were a person who lived in my car, i.e., salesman, etc, it would be very worth while. We have had our car nine months, and just turned 3k miles, so we would never get out moneys worth.
One feature I like, I get a monthly email from OnStar with a complete report on my vehicle. It tells me the condition of every system in my car, including the air pressure in each tire, when you will need an oil change, how many minutes I used on the phone that month, many more things. It does everything but cook breakfast.
It all depends on how you use your car, if it's worth the cost or not. Same with satellite radio, we got a free three month trial. it's fantastic, but for $15 a month, and we only use the cars a few times a month, it isn't worth it to us.
Google the company and see what all they offer, it's really great if you need it. There are different levels of service, the top one costing around $500 a year, cheap if you can write it off....!

Old 08-24-2008, 06:15 PM

18,949 posts, read 43,612,080 times
My grandmother has the OnStar in her Tahoe (which she loves), but I'm under the impression that the SYNC can't do quite that much.

Old 08-24-2008, 08:35 PM

3,743 posts, read 13,704,794 times
It is not OnStar.

Now that that is clear, its one of the better in-car multimedia systems - it works well and is getting good reviews.

Old 08-24-2008, 09:00 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,882,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayantsi View Post
It is not OnStar.

Now that that is clear, its one of the better in-car multimedia systems - it works well and is getting good reviews.
I didn't say it was OnStar, I said it is Ford's version, and is the a same thing as OnStar, with a different name, which is exactly what it is. Thanks for your way too late, and wrong, imput....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Ford and Lincoln