Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Ford and Lincoln
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2009, 09:07 AM

3,536 posts, read 12,327,357 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by banger View Post
Had a 95 Mercury Sable (same car), HORRIBLE piece of TRASH!!!!

"IF" Ford can bring up its quality standards, maybe, perhaps, possibly, I might consider buying one..... In 10 or 20 years.....If they work out flawless.

So basically, NEVER AGAIN !!!!!

Soooo, I guess ford will have to be satisfied getting MY MONEY the old fashion way.....Government grants.
Well, Two things... no car will be flawless for 10 or 20 years... and Ford hasn't taken any government money.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2009, 10:07 AM

3,743 posts, read 13,702,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banger View Post
Had a 95 Mercury Sable (same car), HORRIBLE piece of TRASH!!!!

"IF" Ford can bring up its quality standards, maybe, perhaps, possibly, I might consider buying one..... In 10 or 20 years.....If they work out flawless.

So basically, NEVER AGAIN !!!!!

Soooo, I guess ford will have to be satisfied getting MY MONEY the old fashion way.....Government grants.
Fwiw, the 95 Tauraus was a cost-engineered car and did suck - part of why it lost the title of best selling car during this generation. Thankfully the new Taurus is back on track as a properly engineered car.

Old 02-17-2009, 10:20 AM

990 posts, read 2,556,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmarie123 View Post
Well, Two things... no car will be flawless for 10 or 20 years... and Ford hasn't taken any government money.

Ohhhh Welllll, No Ford in my future than.

Old 02-18-2009, 12:04 AM

3,046 posts, read 6,287,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayantsi View Post
Fwiw, the 95 Tauraus was a cost-engineered car and did suck - part of why it lost the title of best selling car during this generation. Thankfully the new Taurus is back on track as a properly engineered car.

Exactly right !!! The 90's was designed, but redesigned to meet a low cost to build point. That is why the bean counters have no business dictating car design! It has never worked, and never will. Let the engineers do their job, and 2 things happen; People get a reliable ride that they like and the car company makes lots of money from the great sales!

Need Proof? Look at GM, the bean counters have destroyed the company over the last 35 years they have run the show. But before then the engineers ran the company and it got so good in cars sales that the government wanted to split GM up ! I want the bean counters doing my taxes, not dictating what my car I might buy will be! And sorry engineers, you can't touch my tax forms either so go build the cars would ya!

Old 08-15-2009, 01:28 AM

1 posts, read 2,166 times
If people want a RWD taurus, why cant they base the next one on the Australian RWD Falcon. The FPV F6 version has a 4.0l turbo inline 6 with 416Hp. The 2013 Ford Falcon will most likely be based on the Taurus, and FWD large cars just dont sell well in Australia. Full stop. And with Ford wanting to reduce the number of platorms they use, the Mustang will go front-drive or become a lot more expensive. Ford needs to reposition its large sedans as sports cars. The Mondeo is FWD already, they need to make the Taurus a different type of car and base it on the Falcon. If they do, it might be sold in Europe. Go to MotorsportBlog for more reasons why it should be RWD and tell me more reasons why im right. Or if you have a real reason why not

Old 08-15-2009, 02:20 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,166,939 times
Swaziland will become a world superpower before the Mustang goes FWD. Ford tried that in the 1980s and there were practically riots. That said finding other uses for its current platform might be a good idea for economy-of-scale purposes.

Old 08-15-2009, 06:50 AM

45,359 posts, read 60,546,019 times
I just wish they'd offer a 2 door coupe in one of the models.

Old 08-15-2009, 07:50 AM

874 posts, read 2,874,999 times
I think the car looks nice but Ford should just name it something different. The Taurus holds such a bad reputation from the horrible cars they were in the nineties that I am sure some past owners would just cringe hearing the name again. Ford is the only American car company I would consider buying new from right now due to the financial troubles of the other two. I also believe that other than the Challenger and Magnum, Ford has the best looking cars out of all three companies. I believe the pick ups look much better than the Chrysler or GM models as well.

GM makes the absolute cheapest looking junk out there. They really have to stop putting the large, ugly, gaudy "bow tie" emblem on all of the Chevrolets. It is really hideous and makes the cheap looking cars look even cheaper. I thought the new Camaro might be nice and it did look good in pictures. I have seen them on the road and they look cheap and ugly as well. The Challenger and Mustang look much better.

Old 08-15-2009, 09:55 AM

1,628 posts, read 4,039,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleLove08 View Post
I'm just worried about the reliability.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishtom29 View Post
Don't worry about it.
OK, I will run right out and buy one!

Old 08-15-2009, 10:10 AM

7,688 posts, read 29,149,957 times
Ford has turned it around when it comes to reliability. They were a disaster in the '90s and early '00s, but the Fusion is shaping up to be this generation's Accord when it comes to reliability.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Ford and Lincoln