Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Ford and Lincoln
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2009, 06:47 PM

2,698 posts, read 12,169,913 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoya View Post
It's sort of cute and stylish...too bad it's a Ford. They will find a way to muck it up before it hits the streets here.
you know, i'd like to argue that you're wrong because the Fiesta is already for sale in Europe and doing QUITE well, but Ford doesn't have a great rep for not screwing cars up if/when they come stateside. the Focus is a prime example. it came over as what Europe got and was great at first, but then the beancounters got a hold of it and screwed it over until we got what we have now. there's nothing wrong with the car reliability-wise, but it's nothing compared to what Europe gets.

from what i have heard, however, they've left the Fiesta alone. for now.

Mike

Last edited by whiteboyslo; 07-23-2009 at 07:00 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2009, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by livesintriangle View Post
That Fiesta would be fun to drive on our local winding roads. (I thought I better post something local to keep this local)
please name names! i need roads to take the bike on.

Mike

Old 07-23-2009, 07:03 PM

646 posts, read 2,050,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteboyslo View Post
you know, i'd like to argue that you're wrong because the Fiesta is already for sale in Europe and doing QUITE well, but Ford doesn't have a great rep for not screwing cars up if/when they come stateside. the Focus is a prime example. it came over as what Europe got and was great at first, but then the beancounters got a hold of it and screwed it over until we got what we have now. there's nothing wrong with the car reliability-wise, but it's nothing compared to what Europe gets.

from what i have heard, however, they've left the Fiesta alone. for now.

Mike
I've never understood why they have a good rep in Europe and can't do the same here. My friends in the UK are thrilled with their Ford and I have a cousin in France that drives one. They can't understand why I have such disdain for them.

I saw my parents have too many lemons from Ford to ever even take a chance on them ever....even of they manage to keep the style.

Old 07-23-2009, 07:16 PM

Quote:
I've never understood why they have a good rep in Europe and can't do the same here. My friends in the UK are thrilled with their Ford and I have a cousin in France that drives one. They can't understand why I have such disdain for them.

I saw my parents have too many lemons from Ford to ever even take a chance on them ever....even of they manage to keep the style.
wait, so you're saying you WOULDN'T trust the Fiesta knowing full well that the European folk who already drive it (like your friends) like the car perfectly fine?

i know Ford has certainly dug its own grave in years (decades) past when it comes to its track record on reliability, but at some point you really do have to look at it with fresh eyes. your perception is based off of cars from years ago designed (and often assembled) by entirely different folks than the stuff you get now.

Mike

Old 07-23-2009, 07:23 PM

Quote:
wait, so you're saying you WOULDN'T trust the Fiesta knowing full well that the European folk who already drive it (like your friends) like the car perfectly fine?

i know Ford has certainly dug its own grave in years (decades) past when it comes to its track record on reliability, but at some point you really do have to look at it with fresh eyes. your perception is based off of cars from years ago designed (and often assembled) by entirely different folks than the stuff you get now.

Mike
I wouldn't buy a Ford released in the US....never. Cars, even lower end ones, are just to expensive to take a chance with.

Old 07-23-2009, 07:34 PM

Quote:
I wouldn't buy a Ford released in the US....never. Cars, even lower end ones, are just to expensive to take a chance with.
well, i guess i can understand that. of course, the Fiesta ISN'T from here, but to each his/her own.

Mike

Old 07-23-2009, 07:43 PM

Quote:
well, i guess i can understand that. of course, the Fiesta ISN'T from here, but to each his/her own.

Mike
They are not going to release the Euro verison here...they never do. They will make changes to it....it won't be the same car.

Old 07-23-2009, 08:48 PM

Quote:
They are not going to release the Euro verison here...they never do. They will make changes to it....it won't be the same car.
the only things they'll likely change are the things required by US safety and emissions standards (bigger bumpers, different tail lights, etc). they may not even have to change those depending on whether they deisgned the car 'correctly' in the first place. nothing they touch will have anything to do with the vehicle's reliability, though.

Mike

Old 07-23-2009, 09:11 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,363,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citizen Matt View Post
it's the zx3 w/ a facelift. hope Ford got that annoying seat belt location moved so the front seat passengers don't have to dislocate their shoulder to reach it - ouch!
Its not even close. I believe its based on the Fiat 500 minicar.

Old 07-23-2009, 09:55 PM

4,665 posts, read 3,860,337 times
Fiesta Movement | The 2011 Ford Fiesta: Live Feed | FiestaMovement.com
Ford is launching an 8 month test drive tour to build awareness of the new Fiesta.

This car is creating quite the buzz & if it is like the European version, which I've heard all reports confirm it will be. Then it should challenge the Honda Fit, which really has no competition in the sub compact group.

Reports of test drives in the US report the Fiesta manual shifts smoother and better than the Fit and is supposed to have better gas mileage.

The Euro diesel gets 65 mpg(or whatever it is). I imagine the US one to get something along the lines of 29/38 like the Fit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Ford and Lincoln