U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Foreclosures, Short Sales, and REOs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2010, 08:47 PM

1,024 posts, read 2,315,045 times

Advertisements

This all sounds like a "normal" Bank of America short sale. Friends don't let friends bank at BAC.

Last edited by RickTucsonHomes; 09-25-2010 at 09:48 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2010, 10:44 AM

76 posts, read 176,794 times
Well... we are pretty frustrated and disappointed today. Last week we were promised the final corrected approval letter by Tuesday.... then it was Thursday... and when Thursday came and went it was "for sure" Friday.... but of course nothing. And so now were having to face the fact that we will not close by the end of the month and we will not be able to make the deadline for the federal tax credit. As hard as out broker is working for us, she just doesn't think she will be able to push the lender enough to get everything done by then even if we DO get the approval letter today.

What is most frustrating is the feeling that theres NOTHING we can do. It seems like the sellers agent is just sitting back waiting for the bank to call him when i feel like he should be calling them if they told him they would have it by a certain time. He ignores constant emails and phone calls by our agent.

Most of all though.... we just want desperately to get out of the house we are living in right now and every step backwards this sell goes... every step closer i get to a nervous breakdown....

Old 09-30-2010, 10:50 AM

Well... the 29th came and went and we have not closed....Even worse.. we still have not received the corrected approval letter.

All of the stuff on our side is done and complete.... all we need is a little piece of paper from B of A and the house is ours.... but as we've come to find out... nothing is that simple and we continue to wait....

We are supposed to go to the house tonight to do a final walk through... but we still don't know exactly when we will be closing. I'm just going to keep my fingers crossed that its soon.... very soon.

Old 09-30-2010, 03:47 PM

1,024 posts, read 2,315,045 times
Good Luck!

Old 10-04-2010, 12:18 PM

We got word that the corrections got approved this morning. However, the corrected approval hasn't been uploaded into equator yet... so now THATS what we are waiting on. Really hoping its soon and really hoping we are able to close this week. I think today or tomorrow is our 6 month anniversary from when our original offer was accepted by the sellers.

Old 10-04-2010, 05:40 PM

Well... no written approval letter today.... trying to stay positive that we will get it tomorrow...

Old 10-06-2010, 11:44 AM

Still no written approval. In fact.... theres now a NEW problem. We were scheduled to close last Wednesday... so when we got close to that day and realized we were not going to close our agent began asking the sellers agent to get an extension. Which he assured her he would do. So Monday comes and we get the verbal approval and as they're getting ready to finish it off when someone notices that the closing date has passed and there was no request for an extension. WHAT?! so they had to go back, request an extension and then go back through the approval process again with a correct date.... At this point I'm so frustrated with the sellers agent... he almost seems like hes purposely dragging this thing out longer. which i wouldn't be surprised if he was doing considering that the sellers have still not moved their stuff out of the house... despite the fact that we are due to close any day now....

Old 10-07-2010, 12:46 AM

38 posts, read 108,857 times
I've been following your story and I cannot believe the insanity you're going through. I'm also in the middle of a short sale (90 days in) and I got really frustrated that my appraisal was only just ordered. If I were in your shoes I cannot imagine my sanity level.

Old 10-07-2010, 08:50 AM

well... last night around 9pm we got an email from the sellers agent with the approval letter. We are scheduled to close the 15th. The letter STILL doesn't clearly state the amount that will be put towards closing costs, but were waiting to hear back from our mortgage broker if she thinks it will be ok. All the numbers add up correctly now... so were hoping thats enough.

Old 10-08-2010, 09:52 AM

We signed papers last night... the house is ours next week. :-) This is all finally coming to a close.... and I'm so relieved. Just keeping our fingers crossed nothing else goes wrong between now and next Friday....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Foreclosures, Short Sales, and REOs