Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Foreclosures, Short Sales, and REOs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2011, 09:24 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,724,250 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Cabeza View Post
Let's say the offer is right at the appraisal. Would the mortgage company do it to make the sale? Does this ever happen? Let's say closing costs are about $4k.
YES!!! CitiMortage picked up 100% of the closing costs for the buyer of my shortsale. Our home had a first and second trust. Since the second trust (Greentree/BOA) was losing the most money out of the deal, the first trust ate the cost.

Our attorney just called the negotiator and they agreed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2011, 06:09 AM

1,899 posts, read 3,506,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
YES!!! CitiMortage picked up 100% of the closing costs for the buyer of my shortsale. Our home had a first and second trust. Since the second trust (Greentree/BOA) was losing the most money out of the deal, the first trust ate the cost.

Our attorney just called the negotiator and they agreed.
Nice Kevin, especially like me you probably have a bundle saved by not paying the mortgage. FYI I offered to pay half and the buyer agreed to pay half. I'm waiting for acceptance from GMAC any day now hopefully. GL.

Old 12-18-2011, 08:11 AM

623 posts, read 1,612,010 times
I'm not a short sale expert--they are about 20% of my buyer client business--but I've closed a half a dozen or so. Every one has had all or most of buyer closing costs paid. Each has been with different lenders, most have had a first and a second. I know that this isn't always how it goes and sometimes lenders refuse to allow for costs, so a buyer shouldn't count on this. Still, it definitely doesn't hurt to ask. And, definitely there are certain costs that a lender won't pay. But I have had lenders refuse to pay certain costs as "seller" costs but still gave a credit towards buyer costs so that those same items they refused to pay were covered once they were on the "buyer" side of the net sheet.

Old 12-21-2011, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Nice Kevin, especially like me you probably have a bundle saved by not paying the mortgage. FYI I offered to pay half and the buyer agreed to pay half. I'm waiting for acceptance from GMAC any day now hopefully. GL.
The buyer did not hit us with this "demand" until less than a week before settlement. The banks ended up eating over $137K of our mortgage plus $42K in real estate commissions and $1800 in attorney fees in addition to the $7K in closing costs.

Old 12-22-2011, 09:48 AM

Quote:
The buyer did not hit us with this "demand" until less than a week before settlement. The banks ended up eating over $137K of our mortgage plus $42K in real estate commissions and $1800 in attorney fees in addition to the $7K in closing costs.
That's amazing!

Old 12-26-2011, 04:28 PM

2,050 posts, read 5,941,289 times
Mine were all paid for by the bank who handled the mortgage for the seller. I only had to pay for title search. In fact, I got money back at closing since they couldn't escrow for taxes, as we paid cash for the house.

Old 12-27-2011, 07:54 AM

Quote:
That's amazing!
I also got a $3K check at closing courtesy of the govt because I qualified for one of their programs.

Old 12-30-2011, 01:20 PM

Quote:
I also got a $3K check at closing courtesy of the govt because I qualified for one of their programs.
I think I'm only getting $750 if that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Foreclosures, Short Sales, and REOs