Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Foreclosures, Short Sales, and REOs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2014, 09:48 AM

4 posts, read 4,603 times

Advertisements

Recap:

11/12/13 - made offer, over asking, no closing. property supposedly pre-approved SS.
11/13/13 - seller accepted
11/14/13 - 12/19/13 - signed a bunch of forms. some twice as the seller's bank (BOA) wanted real signature oppose to digital signatures.
01/16/14 - extended my pre-qual letter, sent (preemptively to my SA). Seller's bank assked to sign more docs, extended the sales contract another month.
02/12/14 - three months to the day....seller and I received SS approval. They have given us 5 weeks to close. The ball appears to now be in my court but, I will not breathe easily until it's complete. Fingers-crossed!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2014, 11:44 AM

60 posts, read 130,643 times
Good Luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSNewbie View Post
Recap:

11/12/13 - made offer, over asking, no closing. property supposedly pre-approved SS.
11/14/13 - 12/19/13 - signed a bunch of forms. some twice as the seller's bank (BOA) wanted real signature oppose to digital signatures.
01/16/14 - extended my pre-qual letter, sent (preemptively to my SA). Seller's bank assked to sign more docs, extended the sales contract another month.
02/12/14 - three months to the day....seller and I received SS approval. They have given us 5 weeks to close. The ball appears to now be in my court but, I will not breathe easily until it's complete. Fingers-crossed!

Old 02-17-2014, 11:45 AM

That doesn't see fair that you have to pay their electric bill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patientlywaiting13 View Post
Update

I have scheduled for all the utilities to be cut on for my inspection on Tuesday 02/18. The electric company came out on Friday but advised they were unable to turn on electric because the meter was not accessible which seemed odd to me because the meter is located outside. I went to the house today and noticed a red lock on the electric box so I called my RA and to see what the lock meant. She did some research and called me back..it turns out the seller has a unpaid electric bill and until the bill is paid I can not set up service. The seller proclaims they dont owe anything to the electric company and they had a zero balance when they turned off the electric. The electric company is scheduled to come back out tomorrow..but before they come out I have to call the office and find out how to have the tag removed and if there is indeed a balance owed. My RA advised if there is a bill due I can pay it to speed things up but I dont want to agree to pay the bill until I know the exact amount.

So the electric..gas..and water company are all due out tomorrow..hope I can get this thing with the electric company resolved so I can proceed with my inspection.

Yesterday I locked in my rate and signed some other loan docs and application for FHLB grant.

I will keep you all updated with the outcome of everything tomorrow.

Old 02-17-2014, 11:48 AM

No updates!

The non-stop snow storms in Jersey is delaying everything. IMO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glittercandy0504 View Post
Update:

1/15/13 - Pre-Approved
1/25/13 - Checked out the house listed at $280,000, fell in love and made an offer at $285,000 with closing costs included, signed the contracts.
1/27/13 - Seller approved the offer and signed the contracts and now all contracts are under attorney review.
2/11/14 - Signed the 1/15/13 Arms, Length Affidavit for first lender and we are still under attorney review, but hopefully its all completed this week

Old 02-17-2014, 12:06 PM

387 posts, read 351,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSNewbie View Post
Recap:

Awesome! Sounds like things are definitely rolling for you! I am really hoping to hear something this week on ours....our apartment life is starting to kill us!

Old 02-17-2014, 12:08 PM

387 posts, read 351,695 times
Quote:
Update

I have scheduled for all the utilities to be cut on for my inspection on Tuesday 02/18. The electric company came out on Friday but advised they were unable to turn on electric because the meter was not accessible which seemed odd to me because the meter is located outside. I went to the house today and noticed a red lock on the electric box so I called my RA and to see what the lock meant. She did some research and called me back..it turns out the seller has a unpaid electric bill and until the bill is paid I can not set up service. The seller proclaims they dont owe anything to the electric company and they had a zero balance when they turned off the electric. The electric company is scheduled to come back out tomorrow..but before they come out I have to call the office and find out how to have the tag removed and if there is indeed a balance owed. My RA advised if there is a bill due I can pay it to speed things up but I dont want to agree to pay the bill until I know the exact amount.

So the electric..gas..and water company are all due out tomorrow..hope I can get this thing with the electric company resolved so I can proceed with my inspection.

Yesterday I locked in my rate and signed some other loan docs and application for FHLB grant.

I will keep you all updated with the outcome of everything tomorrow.
huh? So they don't pay so you have to? At the very least if that is something the sellers in fact owe I would find some way to get credit back for that, no matter how small it is. That's ridiculous.

Old 02-17-2014, 12:53 PM

Apartment life is killing us too! I have small children and on the second floor. My downstairs neighbor complains all day! She feels my kids shouldn't walk around. She also complains about us keeping the front door locked. I just want to get out of here all ready, she is making us completely miserable!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctousley819 View Post
Awesome! Sounds like things are definitely rolling for you! I am really hoping to hear something this week on ours....our apartment life is starting to kill us!

Old 02-17-2014, 06:04 PM

78 posts, read 135,874 times
All utilities turned on today..luckily I didnt have to pay sellers electric bill..so everything turned out good. Inspection set for tomorrow. ..I cant wait...this will be the first time I have seen the house since Oct 18 2013 when I made my initial offer... (just a fyi..I saw the house in the dark using a flashlight because there werent any utilities on in the house...but even in the dark I immediately fell in love). Hope I feel the same way tomorrow.

Hang in there everyone..your approval will be here before you know it.

Ill let you know how my inspection goes tomorrow

Old 02-17-2014, 08:41 PM

So exciting! Please keep us posted.

I cant wait to be in your shoes!

Quote:
All utilities turned on today..luckily I didnt have to pay sellers electric bill..so everything turned out good. Inspection set for tomorrow. ..I cant wait...this will be the first time I have seen the house since Oct 18 2013 when I made my initial offer... (just a fyi..I saw the house in the dark using a flashlight because there werent any utilities on in the house...but even in the dark I immediately fell in love). Hope I feel the same way tomorrow.

Hang in there everyone..your approval will be here before you know it.

Ill let you know how my inspection goes tomorrow

Old 02-18-2014, 07:58 AM

Spoke to my RA today, I don't really have any updates but was searching for advice, so far she said she has to send back a HUD settlement sheet.

The first lender pennymac is: about $375,000
The second lender citibank is: about $38,000

The listing price was $280,000 and we offered $285,000 with closing cost included. So far it looks like pennymac is willing to take our offer but offering citibank $4000.

What does 2nd lender usually receive and does anyone think this is a good offer from the first lender to the second?

1/15/13 - Pre-Approved
1/25/13 - Checked out the house listed at $280,000, fell in love and made an offer at $285,000 with closing costs included, signed the contracts.
1/27/13 - Seller approved the offer and signed the contracts and now all contracts are under attorney review.
2/11/14 - Signed the 1/15/13 Arms, Length Affidavit for first lender and we are still under attorney review, but hopefully its all completed this week
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Foreclosures, Short Sales, and REOs