Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Foreclosures, Short Sales, and REOs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2012, 01:30 AM

4,009 posts, read 6,864,509 times

Advertisements

Hello There!

I have been interested in a house for a while that was foreclosed upon on February 23, 2012 (according to County Records & Deeds) by Wells Fargo. I heard about it through my Real Estate agent as she has an acquaintance who lives in the neighborhood.

Anyway, about 1 month ago the house was FINALLY listed on Wells Fargo's website but with the Price Information TBD and the status Coming Soon. My Real Estate agent was unable to get any joy from the Realtor listed on Wells Fargo's website as the listing agent- and my husband and myself called him a number of times and emailed him also to no avail.

Well, yesterday my Real Estate agent was in the area- and noticed a car in the drive way, the trash can out (and full) on the curb so went to check it out... and it seems that the house is occupied?

There is NO record of sale on the County Taxes & Deeds website- and as far as I know, this house hasn't officially been on the market yet (I've been keeping tabs on it since April).

Is it possible that somebody (possibly related to or associated with the incommunicado real estate agent) is really occupying this property? Wouldn't this be illegal- this far past Bank Repossession?

Should I or my realtor contact Wells Fargo regarding this- or what would be the best course of action?

Talk about crazy!

Thanks in advance for your advice!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2012, 11:33 AM

31 posts, read 162,390 times
Probably the previous owner trying to stay as long as possible or trying to do a cash-for-keys deal

Will

Old 07-20-2012, 11:37 AM

8,630 posts, read 9,135,767 times
I hate that bank with a passion. Just hearing the name triggers this response.

Last edited by jmking; 07-20-2012 at 12:04 PM..

Old 07-20-2012, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmking View Post
I hate that bank with a passion. Just hearing the name triggers this response.
Why's that? Just curious.

Don't worry my husband and I don't plan on financing AT ALL so we won't be dealing with them- apart from possibly buying a house....

Old 07-20-2012, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spanky99l View Post
Probably the previous owner trying to stay as long as possible or trying to do a cash-for-keys deal

Will
Can they legally do that? It's been about 5 months since the legal date of foreclosure.

Old 07-20-2012, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glamatomic View Post
Why's that? Just curious.

Don't worry my husband and I don't plan on financing AT ALL so we won't be dealing with them- apart from possibly buying a house....
I fell two months behind in mortgage payments during a severe crisis, great recession and a hardship case (very ill family member) very high medical costs caused the delay (2.5 years ago). This was only temporary but Wells Fargo called their dogs on my wife and I who bought the house 20 years ago and who had perfect credit previously. They behaved liked thugs without guns. Unprofessional to say the very least. We played by the rules set by them only for them to say we where not following the rules as far as hardship procedures were concerned. This was upper management strategy to remove us from our home that was not upside down, that had $200,000 in equity, even after the collapse of the housing market. We also live in a non-judicial state, meaning that Wells Fargo can just sell the house right from underneath us without a court order. Within 2 weeks after being late on the second month Wells Fargo set a date of two weeks hence the house is going up for auction. I called my Congressman and that was the end of the auction but not the harassment. All was paid within two months, penalties etc was all paid up. Even though we caught up and were square Wells Fargo still would call and bug the hell out of us until I went ballistic.

Old 07-20-2012, 12:12 PM

45,377 posts, read 60,561,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glamatomic View Post
Can they legally do that? It's been about 5 months since the legal date of foreclosure.

No, but it happens frequently, especially if the foreclosing company doesn't pay attention. A house down the street was foreclosed and the owner stayed in it for almost a year. Sad ending, my youngest son and a friend were walking down the street and saw her sitting on the porch but looking "funny". They went up to her and discovered she had died in the chair. Her brother was inside the house at the time watching TV, they'd been able to keep the utilities on.

The brother then stayed a few more weeks until he was finally evicted.

Old 07-20-2012, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
No, but it happens frequently, especially if the foreclosing company doesn't pay attention. A house down the street was foreclosed and the owner stayed in it for almost a year. Sad ending, my youngest son and a friend were walking down the street and saw her sitting on the porch but looking "funny". They went up to her and discovered she had died in the chair. Her brother was inside the house at the time watching TV, they'd been able to keep the utilities on.

The brother then stayed a few more weeks until he was finally evicted.
That is very sad.

North Beach brings back old memories for me. I remember playing in the chesapeake while my parents were gaming. I remember pre-boardwalk, pre-hotels, condos, the jelly fish, the old cottages, gambling, parades, in which I participated. I even remember a very cold winter, the water froze some distance out and we actually ice skated on the Chesapeake.

Old 07-20-2012, 12:40 PM

45,377 posts, read 60,561,367 times
Yeah, I, and a lot of others, liked it better 25 years ago. In fact when the long timers move they almost always say the Beach has changed for the worse. What's funny is those old cottages were considered ok to raise families in but now we have these 3000 sq.ft. monstrosities replacing them with 2 people living in them. They need their space.

The freezing must have been around 1977, a bit before we moved here from PA. It almost froze clear across several years ago, too.

Back to foreclosures, I could give several more examples of people staying in them as long as possible.

Old 07-20-2012, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Yeah, I, and a lot of others, liked it better 25 years ago. In fact when the long timers move they almost always say the Beach has changed for the worse. What's funny is those old cottages were considered ok to raise families in but now we have these 3000 sq.ft. monstrosities replacing them with 2 people living in them. They need their space.

The freezing must have been around 1977, a bit before we moved here from PA. It almost froze clear across several years ago, too.

Back to foreclosures, I could give several more examples of people staying in them as long as possible.
The old old memories were back in the 60s for me. Yes, I believe you are correct, about 1977.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Foreclosures, Short Sales, and REOs