Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Foreclosures, Short Sales, and REOs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-21-2012, 04:09 PM

16 posts, read 29,954 times

Advertisements

We FINALLY received approvals from both banks on our short sale purchase. However, apparently the approval from the 2nd bank is only for 10 days, as it is an extension. Our loan officer refused to start on the loan process prior to receiving both approvals because he did not want to redo the paperwork in case anything changed. My question is, will my short sale fall through if the approvals from one of the banks expires prior to the closing date or does the binding contract supersede the approvals? My relator says it won't, but she is so incompetent that I do not really trust her.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2012, 04:18 PM

15,575 posts, read 40,430,010 times
The second is under no obligation to keep going with the short past the date of their approval letter. The binding contract should be contingent on those short sale approval letters so it doesn't supersede anything. If the seller can't clear title because the second won't release the lien then the contract will be breached as I am sure it says it says the seller will give you a clear title.

Old 10-21-2012, 04:54 PM

7,244 posts, read 21,808,870 times
Binding contracts don't really mean much when the seller can't move forward without the clear title for you. He's agreed to sell it and you can still buy it, and you can clear the title for him if you want. THat's always an option.

Old 10-23-2012, 12:15 AM

28,115 posts, read 63,666,290 times
My brother was all set to buy a short sale and 2 days before close the owner filed a lis pendens against the bank for failing to negotiate a loan mod...

Have no idea on the merits... do know it stopped the sale cold...

Apparantly, the owner had tried to negotiate a loan mod for slightly more than my brother's contract price.

Old 10-23-2012, 08:27 AM

223 posts, read 523,760 times
We were in a similar situation except the foreclosure date was the possible hold up. Anything it seems can stop a short sale in its tracts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Foreclosures, Short Sales, and REOs