Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Foreclosures, Short Sales, and REOs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2014, 01:19 PM

8,005 posts, read 7,211,328 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgk2013 View Post
Thank you for all of the replies, very helpful!

After doing some more research, I found out that the house is listed on Auction.com and the bank has initiated this. The realtor finally did contact me on Friday about the upcoming open houses. I can't for the life of me understand, why if there is a contract on the house with a solid buyer, why the bank would pause the sale. Seems silly!
Is it Nationstar by any chance?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2014, 04:25 PM

4,567 posts, read 10,650,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrah View Post
The buyer paid a 10% fee to the auctioneer.
That same buyer had a maximum price he would pay for that property and would have paid that same 10% to "you" if you used a flat rate MLS service.

Old 05-24-2014, 04:42 PM

8,590 posts, read 12,334,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 399083453 View Post
That same buyer had a maximum price he would pay for that property and would have paid that same 10% to "you" if you used a flat rate MLS service.
This was over 12 years ago. Flat rate services did not exist in the area at the time, and there were several other considerations including the fact that we did not want to move twice. The cost of that alone would have eaten up a chunk of any extra money we "might" have received. The cost of setting our closing date upfront thus requiring a single out of state move, and the lack of any mortgage, appraisal or inspection contingencies was, to us, worth any additional money we might have received. We did have the property listed some months before and had received a verbal offer that never came to fruition after we told the crazy buyer to take a hike. We ended up with a higher offer at auction.

One other factor was that a major employer in the area was laying off the professionals that were part of our buyer pool. Throw in that it was immediately after 9-11, which impacted the real estate market and mood of the nation, and the decision was easy.

Old 05-24-2014, 09:26 PM

56 posts, read 104,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1insider View Post
Is it Nationstar by any chance?
Sorry! I am unsure about which bank the loan is with.

Old 06-01-2014, 08:02 AM

8 posts, read 10,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgk2013 View Post
Here is our situation:

We have been renting a townhome for almost two years, pay on time and keep the home immaculate. About three months ago the owners notified us that they have been trying to re-modify their loan for over a year and the bank has refused to work with them. Therefore, they can no longer afford to keep the home and have put it up for sale as a short sale. They have swore up and down that they are not behind on the payments. The day it was put on the market, an investor put in an offer and we have been waiting ever since to find out if the bank accepted the offer. (The investor, would like to keep us as tenants, so we do not have to move.)

I have not heard anything from the owners, realtor or our property management company in three months and the house shows that it is pending on the MLS. I know the process for short sales can be very lengthy. However, today I was looking on Redfin and found out that there will be two Open Houses next week before the home goes to auction on May 31. There has been no Notice of Default sent to our place, or posted on our door.

This is making my husband and I very nervous, especially because no one has let us know this is all taking place. We just want to be prepared if we have to move our family on short notice. If the house isn't in default, how can it go to auction? If someone could enlighten me, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
I just wanted to tell you, I work with homeowners who have defaulted on their properties. When the enter a shortsale it can be a long process. A homeowner whose current on their mortgage can apply for short sale as long as their proprty is upside down.

Old 06-01-2014, 11:52 AM

9,933 posts, read 23,142,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spicyfuschia View Post
I just wanted to tell you, I work with homeowners who have defaulted on their properties. When the enter a shortsale it can be a long process. A homeowner whose current on their mortgage can apply for short sale as long as their proprty is upside down.

AND as long as they have a hardship recognized as such by the lender.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Foreclosures, Short Sales, and REOs