Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Foreclosures, Short Sales, and REOs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2017, 02:32 PM

420 posts, read 469,467 times

Advertisements

I see listings listed directly from a bank's website:

reo.wellsfargo.com

foreclosures.bankofamerica.com/real_estate_owned

Aren't realtors the middle man?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2017, 07:29 PM

6,816 posts, read 11,538,348 times
I just looked at the Wells Fargo site, and the homes ARE listed with realtors. What WF is doing is like you advertising your own home even though you have it listed with a realtor.

Old 06-07-2017, 11:05 AM

12,016 posts, read 12,752,567 times
You as a buyer do not pay for the realtor so why would you care?

Old 06-07-2017, 11:13 AM

7,244 posts, read 21,804,442 times
Banks use Asset Management companies. The Asset Management companies are connected with the agents in the area who list the properties. Neither banks nor asset management companies work with individual buyers as they don't want to deal with the calls from all the would-be investors out there.

Now, if there is a portfolio of multiple properties that they are trying to wholesale to get off their books, they sell to wholesalers without agents, but you have to have deep pockets to be able to pick up that many properties at once in their as is condition, occupied or not.

Old 06-08-2017, 11:36 AM

43,278 posts, read 77,083,054 times
If you think brokers are "middlemen," you have a misconception.

Banks use brokers as an umbrella against claims of discrimination or failure to market properly.

Last edited by MikeJaquish; 06-08-2017 at 12:07 PM..

Old 06-08-2017, 01:04 PM

different banks show different houses which means these REOs are under these banks. Those listing agents I believe are actually lending officers, not realtor, or could be both?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okey Dokie View Post
I just looked at the Wells Fargo site, and the homes ARE listed with realtors. What WF is doing is like you advertising your own home even though you have it listed with a realtor.

Old 06-08-2017, 01:06 PM

so who then brokers could use as a shield against possible claims of anything? Are brokers immune?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
If you think brokers are "middlemen," you have a misconception.

Banks use brokers as an umbrella against claims of discrimination or failure to market properly.

Old 06-08-2017, 01:14 PM

who pays for the realtor, the seller? Is it not the percentage of the property sold or what? What are these closing fees I read about?

One listing agent told me it's not ethical to tell other buyers how much is being offered for the house so other buyers could counter the offer with a higher bid. I don't get why it's ethical to sell a house for more than its listed price when there's a bidding war either, might as well auction it off than putting it up for sale with an actual listed price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsGood01 View Post
You as a buyer do not pay for the realtor so why would you care?

Old 06-08-2017, 01:48 PM

43,278 posts, read 77,083,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ethnicappalachian View Post
so who then brokers could use as a shield against possible claims of anything? Are brokers immune?
Licensing boards.
Real Estate commissions.
Attorneys.

Brokers are definitely not immune to complaint for bad behavior.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethnicappalachian View Post
who pays for the realtor, the seller? Is it not the percentage of the property sold or what? What are these closing fees I read about?

One listing agent told me it's not ethical to tell other buyers how much is being offered for the house so other buyers could counter the offer with a higher bid. I don't get why it's ethical to sell a house for more than its listed price when there's a bidding war either, might as well auction it off than putting it up for sale with an actual listed price.
Buyer foots the bill for all fees in a transaction.
There is no such thing as a bidding war, except in superstition.

REO sites ARE an auction-type sale.

When you dilly-dally in REOLand, you sign off on rights and laws that pertain to conventional market transactions.

Old 06-12-2017, 03:10 AM

The property I was looking at is bank-owned but not a foreclosure. Is this considered an REO then? It's not labeled as such though.

If it's bank owned, does that necessarily mean it's a foreclosure or not always?

Highest and best offer takes it, so I'm assuming it's a form of auction without an auction house involved (no auction fees, etc.).

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
Licensing boards.
Real Estate commissions.
Attorneys.

Brokers are definitely not immune to complaint for bad behavior.

Buyer foots the bill for all fees in a transaction.
There is no such thing as a bidding war, except in superstition.

REO sites ARE an auction-type sale.

When you dilly-dally in REOLand, you sign off on rights and laws that pertain to conventional market transactions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Foreclosures, Short Sales, and REOs