Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Foreclosures, Short Sales, and REOs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2023, 08:26 AM

720 posts, read 995,322 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
Be aware that all those AirBnB's will make the apt undesirable to some buyers. Maybe even some investors who want to rent the unit long term - tenants won't like the idea of living in a 'hotel'.
You would think so but that is not the case here at all. Investors are buying up all the units as soon as they come on the market. Many of the snowbirds prefer renting an AirBnB rather than owning (something we should have done.). There are now very few of us living here full time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2023, 08:28 AM

8,629 posts, read 9,131,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saguarogirl507 View Post
The sewer and water are included in the monthly condo fee.

So I don't know how it is paid.
Not sure if this was covered or not in your other post, but it could be possible that the utility is responsible for the un-sanitary condition of their delivery of water to your condo, regardless of whether condo association pays the bill or not.

Old 01-24-2023, 10:25 AM

720 posts, read 995,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmking View Post
Not sure if this was covered or not in your other post, but it could be possible that the utility is responsible for the un-sanitary condition of their delivery of water to your condo, regardless of whether condo association pays the bill or not.
I believe they are only responsible for their pipes and delivery at the street. Once inside the complex it is on the HOA.

Old 01-28-2023, 08:57 PM

1,471 posts, read 1,414,990 times
I've seen language in condo docs, either AZ or NV, where you had to agree to pay the hoa legal costs, if you sue them in court.

Sounds like a few thousand..not a new car. Remove lower cabinets and dig. I would like to see a drawing. Knew a fireman in Nogales that moonlights as a plumber... extremely reasonable. He charged me 20 bucks to come out and explain how to fix my septic system in a newly acquired hud home. A little digging and a new piece of 4 inch PVC pipe. Sold it four years later, without ever pumping it.

Old 02-19-2023, 08:11 AM

1,201 posts, read 617,436 times
If as you say, half the condos are airbnb, than that would mean your condo is unwarrantable. You will struggle to sell in that case. The worth of the unit will be less than a warrantable one.

Old 02-28-2023, 09:36 PM

10,345 posts, read 8,559,492 times
I know it’s a lotto deal,with, but when you factor in finding another place as having to move, it might be minor in comparison. Cost might be way less too.

Old 07-12-2023, 04:53 PM

21 posts, read 9,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
Be aware that all those AirBnB's will make the apt undesirable to some buyers. Maybe even some investors who want to rent the unit long term - tenants won't like the idea of living in a 'hotel'.
That was the one red flag I saw go up in the original topic statement. Airbnb’s…

Old 07-13-2023, 10:24 AM

6,340 posts, read 4,892,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saguarogirl507 View Post

How would I find someone like that who would be willing to buy it before the digging begins? I am willing to take whatever the loss may be at this point and call it a day.
Put a FSBO ad on Craigslist for $50,000 below comps, explaining the need for the repair.

Buyers will line up around the block.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Foreclosures, Short Sales, and REOs